Hays plc

Updated July 18, 2014
3.8

Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox

Pros
  • The weeks are long as we work 8:30-6, however the recruitment industry has the reputation work hard play hard so the work life balance is good (in 7 reviews)

• Reasonable salary & good work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and the expectation that you won't take a lunch break making the day even longer (in 26 reviews)

• Work-life balance balance can be difficult to adjust to if your not used to office life (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun but hardwork!

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training is excellent, I can understand why they say it is the best in the industry, as an associate they put a lot of emphasis on training you to do your job well.
    Really fun environment to work in, lots of young like-minded people.
    Fair with the promotion from Associate to Consultant (Even if you don't hit your billing targets if they see you are trying hard you will get promoted).

Cons

Long hours!
    Fewer incentives,/perks compaed with other companies.

Arrange more office competitions or associate competitions with big prizes.

Challenging but fun, friendly people to work with, positive environment.

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people that you work with are lovely, they are very accepting and encouraging and always have a positive can do attitude. The role itself is challenging, but a good challenge with fantastic future prospects.

Cons

I have hit a few challenges with working here so far, one mainly being, sourcing my candidates, but I have been working on different methods to overcome this.

Keep on with the encouragement and good training. Notice when workers are struggling and try help them find a way round it.