Hays plc Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Market-leading global recruitment firm with endless career options

Current Employee - Director in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hays is a market-leading global recruitment firm that allows scope for superb career development with choices of places to work all over the world. As a global corporate the company leads from the front in terms of innovation in marketing, technology and state of the art recruitment techniques and yet the stand out for me is that the DNA of the company and it's people is that despite the scale, it is still highly entrepreneurial and a meritocracy; in short a company where if you do well, you can take charge of carving out your career choices.

Cons

In almost 20 years of working for Hays, there are not many things I can think of to post as cons. My choice has been to stay with the market-leader and I genuinely believe I work for the best - or I would not be here.

Advice to Management

Continue to make it a great place to work, keeping up to date with the next generation of would-be recruitment consultants and investing in keeping our technology and customer service ahead of the competition!

Hays plc Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review on Hays UK&I. It's great to hear that after 20 years in the business you're still enjoying it. All the best for the next 20 years!

2. Brilliant opportunities for talented and motivated people

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Career enhancing opportunities Great commission for successful employees Clearly defined promotion contracts Industry leading technology

Cons

Success requires hard work and commitment and the hours are often long and sometimes inflexible. You need to be able to speak to candidates when they're not in work and that can mean working earlier or later than the general population.

Advice to Management

Set top line goals on what's important to the recruitment business and that can be easily measured on the ground rather than what's important to management and is difficult to translate to consultants operationally.

3. Working at Hays

Current Employee - Director in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

Great culture and people. Training is second to none. Fantastic career opportunities

Cons

Hours can be longer but the rewards are worth it

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Hays plc Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated & glad to see all is going well in Birmingham.

5. Great place to work

Pros

Excellent career potential, clear and transparent targets, great earning potential and support from senior management to achieve the best, work hard play hard culture within business

Cons

Hours can be long and at times and sometimes there is not enough time to get everything completed

Advice to Management

continue to support new staff coming into the business so they can be successful

6. Hays provides world class career opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At Hays you have unlimited career progression opportunities which are determined by your hard work and performance. We have world class training, recruitment methodology and systems which combined with a positive attitude and ambitious personality result in an extremely rewarding and challenging career.

Cons

Success in recruitment is driven by hard work and strong levels of activity, the culture in Hays is to highlight and support those who work the hardest and drive quality activity to achieve their outputs so they will be successful. There is no hiding place if you don't want to perform and make a difference.

Advice to Management

Hays has never been in a better place for someone looking to start a rewarding career in recruitment. The management need to continue with what they are doing.

7. Unrivaled Training Programme

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hays offers an unrivalled training programme that offers all the tools you could need if you're new to recruitment. This continues throughout your career, and offers support through each level. The career plans are clear and there are always opportunities to progress and move abroad with the company if you choose to do so.

Cons

Hays have a work hard play hard attitude, which rewards hard work, but means you have to fully commit to long hours to reap the benefits.

8. Business Director

Current Employee - Business Director in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Pros

The specialist & expert service Hays provide to our clients and candidates alike is outstanding and second to none in the world of recruitment.Furthermore the support mechanism and training, afforded throughout the business and to everyone,underpins our dedication and drive to improve our offering and service moving forward to all.

Cons

Finding enough time to do everything that needs to be done each and every day can be sometimes very difficult however what a great position to be in.

9. I believe I'm working for the best

Current Employee - Business Director in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Director in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time

Pros

The blend of consultant expertise and an innovative approach to technology puts Hays in the very best position to be the number 1 at what we do. The management structure in place offers good support and the investment in the training of new associate recruits has really started to future proof the success for the years to come.

Cons

I am struggling with negatives - despite being a large company, the regional structure means that the support network is strong while being able to access centrally managed; marketing, digital solutions, PR, HR and other mechanisms to support the business.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and communicating at all levels

10. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic career progression opportunities, incentives and training provided.

Cons

Flexitime working would really increase happiness of staff with respect to work-life balance.

11. Consultant

Pros

Good training and dvelopment and progression

Cons

None apart from low basic salary

RSS Feed </> Embed