Headsets.com

Headsets.com Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Faith

Great company for self-motivate performers

Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe work environment in fun & high-energy. With that come a high-degree of accountability. Competent, driven employees have opportunities to move up quickly if you're flexible with the area you're willing to work in. Lot's of exposure to how the business is run with a look a the books available to anyone that has an interest.

ConsBase pay is competitive but medical benefits tend to be expensive with high co-pays and limited in what they cover. Retirement matching is at a generally low percentage and vacation time is on the low side. As with many small companies there are few opportunities to grow within your career vertical. Everyone needs to be comfortable wearing a lot of hats.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. The company has done well thus far under difficult conditions.

misogynistic and demanding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proslots of chances for bonus structure, a seemingly liberal and open-minded company.

ConsAbsolutely rigorous and ridiculous demands by managers, a terrible place to work with any expectation of moving up within the company, despite what they tell you at the training. The CEO is a misogynistic, controlling, hyper micro-managing man with very unusual techniques in his style of leadership. He is unpredictable and doesn't care about his employees as individuals. Made very clear to employees that if they are to sue, even within reason, they will lose, as the company has enough financial backing to beat any individual to the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hitting on your female employees and begin creating a safe space for your employees, without forcing them to get together en masse and discuss the terrible managerial techniques. Realize your employees do not feel safe there and do not lie to your incoming employees.

Amateur Hour

Interesting Customers
    You get to leave early

ConsPoor Management
    Unprofessional conduct of managers
    Management likes to skate in the "gray areas" of ethics and the legal system as long as they can make a buck!
    Weird head games/amateur psychology practiced by management

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've been in business for over 10 years, it's time to grow up.
    Rather than head games, be honest with your employees. Stop trying to manipulate folks!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great building, poor company, apply elsewhere.

Customer Service (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAwesome location
    Intelligent, funny, witty peers
    Ease of job
    Abundance of public transportation
    Pizza (once every Friday, now once a month)

ConsPoor management skills
    Inexperienced management
    Upper management allows lower management to clamour for control
    Lower management scarily inefficient and exhibits emotional and immature leadership styles
    Lower management allowed to display unprofessional behavior
    Upper management takes the biggest piece of pie, while benefits are taken away from front line employees
    No room for promotion
    No opportunity for raises
    Job responsibility grows and grows while pay is reduced
    Upper and lower management use fear tactics to produce results

Advice to Senior ManagementGive back to the employees. Take a good look at your management. Realize that your managers are not helping things happen....take a chance and see what could happen with different managers in place.

Friendly Company culture and Growth Opportunities Make Headsets.com a Great Company to Call "Home"

Customer Service (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you are the person that always works the hardest for little or no recognition or thanks..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We think of feedback as a gift and every day is a holiday here. You'll always have a great idea of what is expected of you and you'll be given the tools, materials and training needed to excel. You'll always know how well you are doing, because we have detailed standards that we measure, like Customer Service ratings. That's probably the most important of all. We love our Customers and our Customers come back to us to be treated well.

If you are Customer-focused you'll be very happy here -- you'll be given the chance to do what you do best every day and your opinions will be listened to. Mike actually pays us $10 for every idea we email to him -- and he picks the best idea every two weeks to win $500.

If you are the employee that shows up 5 minutes early to start up your computer and get your coffee, while others around you show up 5 minutes late to spend 10 more minutes waiting for a new pot to brew..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We value punctuality and I can't remember the last time I saw someone rushing in because they were even a minute late.

We have free bagels and organic fruit delivered daily to our kitchen, and Peet's coffee on tap. After 3 years of working here, we get a one month sabbatical. We are also paid two days per year to volunteer for a non-profit organization of our choice.

We focus on hiring the right people and nurturing them while they grow, so there is plenty of room for advancement here if you'd like to move up. We believe that providing excellent Customer Service for our Customers is a talent and so you can be happy and well-respected as a member of Customer Service for as long as you like. We've all worked here for over a year now - some people have been here for years in Customer Service and they are very happy with their position. You hear your coworkers complimenting each other on a constant basis. You hear people thanking each other for feedback. You are constantly reminded that you are valued and valuable. People here really care about each other and we help each other out all the time. It's an excellent home away from home.

ConsWe put so much emphasis on Customer Service and growth that you can't really have off-days here. There's no room. We don't spend all day surfing the web, waiting for work to do. Pretty much every minute of our day is committed to helping the organization in some aspect. There's no place for slackers here. We are dedicated to being responsible here, so if you'd like to hang out and receive paychecks while checking out youtube and having distracted conversations with Customers, this isn't the place. The culture of positivity, growth, and accountability can seem intimidating when first arriving at Headsets.com, however; it doesn't take much time to buy into it. You see how well others are treated around you and you want to be part of it, so you buy in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMike Faith and the other members of senior management created a company culture that fosters growth in employees' work and personal lives. We are allotted a yearly training bonus of $2500 that we can use to improve our skill set. We are encouraged to improve in all areas of our life and Mike lives by this rule as well. I would say that Mike is a very visible CEO and he's willing to help out when needed. He's even picked up the phone and assisted a Customer on a few occasions. We appreciate that Mike is like a mentor to many of us and that he focuses so much attention on creating the kind of environment we all love to work in.

More than I had expected, in a positive way

(Current Employee)

ProsHigh standards, great communication, clear expectations, bright teammates, good location, management is willing to try new things, super high level of respect for customers, lots of feedback, fast paced, they try to blend a little fun with productivity, thorough hiring and training practices, nice benefits.

ConsNot a ton of career advancement opportunity over past couple of years (2007 - 2011). Not the sexiest industry. The bright people that get hired often will burn out on customer service after a couple of years. If you dont perform well, you wont enjoy it, with the high standards and frequent feedback. You may have to move desks and schedules from time to time. Young managers sometimes learn on the job.

Worked for Headsets.com? Contribute to the Community!