Headwaters MB
www.headwatersmb.com Denver, CO 50 to 149 Employees

Headwaters MB Reviews

Phil Seefried

Great culture

ProsAll around great employer. The workplace environment is very fun and light, there are no office politics, and you get full exposure to the CEO, COO and managing directors on a daily basis.

ConsThe only negative is that there are several national offices which can make communication and working together on deals difficult. However, there are many ways to overcome this.

Great environment with talent that continuously impresses me. Great potential.

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsI would disagree with a previous comment - incredible visibility into management decision making.
    Very respectful of individual needs.
    Incredible culture.
    Management strives to support vertical team members.
    Incredibly dedicated, supportive and kind CEO who gives his life the the company.

ConsVery collaborative environment yet some MDs are hesitant to fully utilize and take advantage of all their resources.

Cut my teeth and learned how to work really hard with a team

Principal (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsVery smart people with a relaxed structure

ConsLimited visibility into management objectives

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have the ability to work independently and yet have the resources of a national team when I need it.

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsFriendly environment with a lot of positive attitudes. Senior management is transparent and shoots straight with you. A lot of help when asked for yet not a lot of babysitting. Gives our team everything we need to succeed.

ConsParking is sometimes a challenge downtown.

A group of successful, focused, competitive professionals who are willing to help like-minded individuals.

Managing Director (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsA professional, hard working environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow from some of the best in the investment banking industry. No politics or egos. The best idea(s) win. A client-centric firm of industry-focused bankers. Above average compensation and fee sharing for bankers who know how to recruit clients and close transactions.

ConsGeneralist bankers, egomaniacs and non-team players will be asked to leave (there has been some turn-over). A place to learn and grow. Not a place to punch a clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the business model and prefer recruiting clients and closing transactions. Thanks for taking care of the back office and treating me like an adult. The national platform allows me to recruit and close larger transactions compared to a boutique.

Best environment I have ever worked in. Period.

Denver, CO

ProsEntrepreneurial environment, full of hyper intelligent people. Excellent transparency and grown up conversation about the company philosophy. Perfect place for accomplished MD's to succeed and junior bankers to get noticed.

ConsMust be a self starter. Not a place for a 9-5 guy. Everyone wears many hats and juggles 10 projects at once, which some people may find tough to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe model works.

Hard charging entrepreneurial environment. Tons of responsibility really fast. Great people.

Denver, CO

ProsHeadwaters has built a great corporate culture - very client centric and service oriented. Senior bankers are entrepreneurial dealmakers and bullpen staff are smart and ambitious. Management has outlined the strategy clearly and kept me challenged and growing in my career. Headwaters is a middle market shop on the ascent.

ConsInvestment banking isn't for the faint of heart. The hours are long, even grueling at times. Travel is often frequent and unpredictable for senior bankers. Compensation is subject to market forces resulting in uneven compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keepin' on.

Denver Investment Bank Seeks Confident Managing Directors

Managing Director (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity to lead a team, self selecting culture, large sense of independence. Great opportunity to define coverage arena and actively seek the best transaction opportunities without havign to compete too much with other MDs.

ConsLack of vision for the firm's future and poor execution by founding members. Must bring your own resources and junior staff to the firm. The business is becoming decentralized and that could actually be viewed as a positive. Lots of turnover; could also be seen as a sign of the times, but its more likely a reflection on Managemen't inability to retain / screen / motivate / compensate quality talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Headwaters MB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Headwaters MB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Headwaters MB CEO Phil Seefried. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Headwaters MB employees.