Headway Corporate Resources

Headway Corporate Resources Reviews

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014

J.P. Sakey

I had a very pleasant experience working as a contract employee with Headway.

Former Employee - Investigations Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Investigations Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had the ability to work remotely. I was able to work flexible hours. I was able to take time off when needed. There is a balance with work and life. The compensation was good.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I enjoyed my time working for this company. My work was contract, so my only reason for leaving was that my assignment ended.

Keep up the good work.

Exceptional Management, Stable Job

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

From day one, I've had exceptional management directing me in my endeavors within the company. They've always accommodated my needs in regards to health & wellness, they've also been willing to let me expand the scope of projects I've worked on. The CEO has always advocated that the company is all about teamwork and I've worked with over 80% of the company throughout the years. We all play a part in making Headway a success.

Cons

In the nature of the industry of providing contingent workforce and HR solutions, employee turnover does occur at a more accelerated rate, so getting to know my coworkers is more of a challenge.

Pretty good place to work.

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unified company vision, good benefits, CEO seems to care about making the company a palatable place to work.

Cons

Cost of living salary increases are not granted with yearly reviews.

Institute and anonymous suggestion box. Your employees may have wonderful ideas to help the company and the business flourish.

Excellence all around is Headway's motto!

Current Employee - Field Interviewer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Field Interviewer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Headway's personnel is very responsive to any request or problem you might have while working for them. Through 4 years of working with them I have not had ANY incident that I can complaint about. My money is always on time, my W2 are always on time, my calls (even though it takes a while to get in touch with a real human being,-common nowadays- are returned within a reasonable amount of time. Overall I would give Headway a 5 star rating on service.

Cons

If they would get rid of the annoying automatic answering system, they would be the perfect company to work for.

Get rid of the automatic answering system. Show with the world the quality of employees you have!

Entry Level Only, Don't Even Think About Moving Up

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice location Walking distance to local restaurants Casual work environment Game Room Several entry level opportunities

Cons

Headway makes recruiting into a typical call center job. Plenty of red tape and restrictions from the leads & account managers which makes it difficulty to even learn about moving up in the field. I took this role as an entry level position to get into the field, but I can't even learn what it takes to go beyond where I am currently at. We can't even email our clients without specific approval.

The executive team is one word: Sheisty. They have absolutely no clue what it takes to get things done from the recruitment end and yet they seem to be the only ones at this company making any real money. Most recruiters start out between $10-$12 per hour here. Do not be fooled by their alleged monthly bonus plan. It's a scam. I've been here nearly 2 years and have gotten 3 bonuses and they were each only about $100. Bonuses have nothing to do with how hard you work or how efficient you are, but rather how much money the company made and how many of the "scraps" of that deal they are willing to throw you.

Discrimination is also a factor. Too many of our clients say blatantly discriminating things about why they wont interview, call, or hire a job applicant and all that headway will do is tell them that we will send the best of what we have. And inside of headway I don't believe it's a coincidence that all of their sales agents are non-threatening, young, Caucasian males. I also don't believe it's a coincidence that there are no African-Americans in any form of a leadership role. The Good Ole Boy mentality is definitely prevalent in this office. The CEO himself even said in not so many words that recruiters need to "keep their head down, and just do your job in this and maybe people will notice you". People do get promoted, but they are hiring more because of turnover rather than growth. And no one seems to care.

If you want quality work, be willing to pay for it. Entry level recruiters in Raleigh have a starting salary in the low $30s. $11.00 per hour isn't cutting it. Listen to your employees. We want to be heard and can also give words of wisdom from our end as well. Your sales team is making bum deals if we keep getting clients but are making no money. Don't take it out on us

you get what you get paid for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

reasonable flexibility, suck up to them and you'll get work

Cons

poor communication, fired the entire office while i was out on assignment

none; i'll never go back there

Don't work here.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Good place to learn the basics of recruiting. Nice work location in downtown Raleigh.

Cons

In a nutshell, they don't really care about developing their employees. Once you are put into a position, expect to stay there for your term at Headway. After three months of working there, I begged for more responsibilities, which I have not gotten.

Job itself. This place makes recruiting feel like a call center job. Too much red tape, talk about number of submittals, rather than quality of submittals, phone time. Not really why I got into recruiting.

Pay. All employees are grossly underpaid here at Headway. Entry level, expect $10 an hour. If you have mid-level experience, your salary will cap at about $30k. If you are the executive's favorites, you may be an exception to this rule.They use the word "bonus" to entice you, but don't let it fool you. The bonus is based on the health of the entire company, rather than your own personal performance. In a year and a half I've received only two bonuses. While they've been good about raises in the past, a shift in management seems to have caused the lack of raises this past review period.

Management: In one word. Malicious. Edging someone out of the company because they disagree with your opinion, lying to convince someone to decline a job offer and stay with the company without any intention of keeping promises. No personal investment in their employees professional growth. Micromanagement to the point where it you spend more time following up with them than actually doing your job. Zero communication from upper management about transitions within the company. These are just a few of the things I have seen.

Start caring about your employees. As you read all of these other reviews, they all have a common element. People are leaving the company all over the place and you have to wonder why. Invest in their growth, listen to their concerns. Pay your employees for the kind of work you expect from them. Your employees are what makes your company run, not the executives. Do something to retain them or they will all leave.

Overworked & Under-appreciated Recruiters

Former Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy-going work environment, located in downtown Raleigh close to many amenities, offers several entry-level opportunities

Cons

The executive team is far removed from the day-to-day trials and tribulations of recruiting, the positions Headway staffs for require you to deal with unmotivated, poorly educated people, there is a lot of work expected with little reward, middle management functions in fear of upper management resulting in punishment and micro-management rather than inspiration and reward. Lots of gossip and Good Ol' Boy Network is what gets you promoted and liked.

It's important to see both sides, the client and the recruiter. Do not promote people based on favoritism. If you want to grow, be open to efficiency rather than this is the policy so do as we say even though we have no idea what's it's really like. Burn-out rate is high. Finally, treat your employees well or you will lose them. Evaluate why your turnover rate is so high.

Require alot without alot of reward

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly/Monthly recruiting incentives during peak season
    Easy going office culture
    Fun co-workers

Cons

Good Ole Boy network with regards to 80% of upper management
    Wont increase wages of current employees but will on-board new person at much higher salary

Temp Assignment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

They were able to find a job very quickly.

Cons

They don't try to find a good fit. They just want to place you in a job.

Make sure your recruiters are honest with the candidates.