Headway Corporate Resources

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
2.5

J.P. Sakey

I had a very pleasant experience working as a contract employee with Headway.

Former Employee - Investigations Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Investigations Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had the ability to work remotely. I was able to work flexible hours. I was able to take time off when needed. There is a balance with work and life. The compensation was good.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I enjoyed my time working for this company. My work was contract, so my only reason for leaving was that my assignment ended.

Keep up the good work.

BEWARE of Headway Workforce Solutions formerly Headway Corporate Resources

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time

Pros

(some) visionary ambitious middle management looking to honestly grow the organization. These individuals are far and few between and will likely be pushed out by the corporate machine for not making outlandish goals.

Cons

Everything else. Business development turnover was 125% in a year. In that same year a Sales VP, an EVP and a Director of Marketing were let go due to "restructuring" and multiple others quit. They fire high performing individuals on a whim in order to cut costs by outsourcing their job, with NO heads up until the day they let them go.. Contribution and loyalty mean nothing, every few months this organization goes through this restructuring so watch out... no matter how secure you feel no one is safe. On the other hand I saw many promotions throughout the organizations that were seemingly random and undeserved.

They lure your in with promise to grow something, be a part of something new. Don't believe it. Upper management wants to bank but is not open to fundamentally change the way they've always done things. This organization has 2 critical accounts keeping them afloat. If something were to happen to those accounts I have no doubt the company would go under. Dirty dirty dirty with no regard for their employees. This is not a place you would want to invest your time for promise of a career.

Bit of advice, find a former employee on LinkedIn before considering employment.... I can guarantee almost anyone you contact will be happy to share the same sentiments I have revealed.

Value your employees but who am I kidding, that will never happen

A recipe for disaster

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

There are a lot of activities for employees to distract them from their actual jobs. They do a good job with allowing for employees to distract themselves.

Cons

Literally the most dishonest group of managers I have ever been associated with. The entire management team is afraid of the CEO who uses intimidation and fear to get his way. The CEO can never be wrong and sets extremely high unrealistic expectations for goals. When these goals are not met he then rants and raves at anyone who he can find. He is unwilling to admit he was wrong. The CFO and Vice Presidents will not stand behind their employees which is why they still have jobs. If you choose to work at Headway be ready for distractions that have nothing to do with your job but are presented as immediate needs to solve a problem that has been contrived by upper management. This company will never be great and if you are looking to work at a place where you are intimidated, belittled and treated poorly then go work for Headway.

Stop playing favorites and look into why your company keeps losing good people. I would suggest that you look at yourself to understand why your company is doing poorly. Stop citing the great leaders of business you often misquote them and the books they wrote plus you do not use any of their advice properly. Having a meeting with your team is a joke everyone blames each other and no one takes responsibility. If you have expectations of people set them and tell them the what they are. If you are going to dismiss someone do not give them a raise and tell them they are under review rather than blindsiding people at your whim to cover your mistakes. Let people do their job and follow the plan they laid out to completion. If you have someone give you a new idea - loop in the proper team members. Finally, you do not know everything so listen to the people you hired to make your company better. There is no value in working for you because the CEO has such a bad temper that it demotivates people and creates a culture of blame.

Don't TRUST this Company for your employment needs.

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

As my mother always said, if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.

Cons

EEOC should be investigating them Headway Workforce Solutions for their hiring practices. Fire people without cause, then hire someone for a lesser amount..... SHAMEFUL Organization. Funny how Headway Corporate Solutions NEVER changed their name on Glassdoor to what it actually is today...... HEADWAY WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS.... Just tells you what kind of company they really are.... DIRTY!!!!!!!

Company needs to sold to an honest person or persons. Get rid of those Corporate Heads that currently exist.

Exceptional Management, Stable Job

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

From day one, I've had exceptional management directing me in my endeavors within the company. They've always accommodated my needs in regards to health & wellness, they've also been willing to let me expand the scope of projects I've worked on. The CEO has always advocated that the company is all about teamwork and I've worked with over 80% of the company throughout the years. We all play a part in making Headway a success.

Cons

In the nature of the industry of providing contingent workforce and HR solutions, employee turnover does occur at a more accelerated rate, so getting to know my coworkers is more of a challenge.

Pretty good place to work.

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unified company vision, good benefits, CEO seems to care about making the company a palatable place to work.

Cons

Cost of living salary increases are not granted with yearly reviews.

Institute and anonymous suggestion box. Your employees may have wonderful ideas to help the company and the business flourish.

Excellence all around is Headway's motto!

Current Employee - Field Interviewer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Field Interviewer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Headway's personnel is very responsive to any request or problem you might have while working for them. Through 4 years of working with them I have not had ANY incident that I can complaint about. My money is always on time, my W2 are always on time, my calls (even though it takes a while to get in touch with a real human being,-common nowadays- are returned within a reasonable amount of time. Overall I would give Headway a 5 star rating on service.

Cons

If they would get rid of the annoying automatic answering system, they would be the perfect company to work for.

Get rid of the automatic answering system. Show with the world the quality of employees you have!

Entry Level Only, Don't Even Think About Moving Up

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice location Walking distance to local restaurants Casual work environment Game Room Several entry level opportunities

Cons

Headway makes recruiting into a typical call center job. Plenty of red tape and restrictions from the leads & account managers which makes it difficulty to even learn about moving up in the field. I took this role as an entry level position to get into the field, but I can't even learn what it takes to go beyond where I am currently at. We can't even email our clients without specific approval.

The executive team is one word: Sheisty. They have absolutely no clue what it takes to get things done from the recruitment end and yet they seem to be the only ones at this company making any real money. Most recruiters start out between $10-$12 per hour here. Do not be fooled by their alleged monthly bonus plan. It's a scam. I've been here nearly 2 years and have gotten 3 bonuses and they were each only about $100. Bonuses have nothing to do with how hard you work or how efficient you are, but rather how much money the company made and how many of the "scraps" of that deal they are willing to throw you.

Discrimination is also a factor. Too many of our clients say blatantly discriminating things about why they wont interview, call, or hire a job applicant and all that headway will do is tell them that we will send the best of what we have. And inside of headway I don't believe it's a coincidence that all of their sales agents are non-threatening, young, Caucasian males. I also don't believe it's a coincidence that there are no African-Americans in any form of a leadership role. The Good Ole Boy mentality is definitely prevalent in this office. The CEO himself even said in not so many words that recruiters need to "keep their head down, and just do your job in this and maybe people will notice you". People do get promoted, but they are hiring more because of turnover rather than growth. And no one seems to care.

If you want quality work, be willing to pay for it. Entry level recruiters in Raleigh have a starting salary in the low $30s. $11.00 per hour isn't cutting it. Listen to your employees. We want to be heard and can also give words of wisdom from our end as well. Your sales team is making bum deals if we keep getting clients but are making no money. Don't take it out on us

you get what you get paid for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

reasonable flexibility, suck up to them and you'll get work

Cons

poor communication, fired the entire office while i was out on assignment

none; i'll never go back there

Don't work here.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Good place to learn the basics of recruiting. Nice work location in downtown Raleigh.

Cons

In a nutshell, they don't really care about developing their employees. Once you are put into a position, expect to stay there for your term at Headway. After three months of working there, I begged for more responsibilities, which I have not gotten.

Job itself. This place makes recruiting feel like a call center job. Too much red tape, talk about number of submittals, rather than quality of submittals, phone time. Not really why I got into recruiting.

Pay. All employees are grossly underpaid here at Headway. Entry level, expect $10 an hour. If you have mid-level experience, your salary will cap at about $30k. If you are the executive's favorites, you may be an exception to this rule.They use the word "bonus" to entice you, but don't let it fool you. The bonus is based on the health of the entire company, rather than your own personal performance. In a year and a half I've received only two bonuses. While they've been good about raises in the past, a shift in management seems to have caused the lack of raises this past review period.

Management: In one word. Malicious. Edging someone out of the company because they disagree with your opinion, lying to convince someone to decline a job offer and stay with the company without any intention of keeping promises. No personal investment in their employees professional growth. Micromanagement to the point where it you spend more time following up with them than actually doing your job. Zero communication from upper management about transitions within the company. These are just a few of the things I have seen.

Start caring about your employees. As you read all of these other reviews, they all have a common element. People are leaving the company all over the place and you have to wonder why. Invest in their growth, listen to their concerns. Pay your employees for the kind of work you expect from them. Your employees are what makes your company run, not the executives. Do something to retain them or they will all leave.