Headway Corporate Resources

2.6
J.P. Sakey

1. great agency

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and scheduling. Company seems to care about who it places. Recruiters are genuine and place you quickly.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Field Research Interviewer

Current Employee - Field Interviewer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Interviewer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom if planing and management time

Cons

Lots of driving, weekend and late hours

Advice to Management

Good planing and positive attitude

Technical Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive management, flexible environment. Allows for a multitude of work styles, success is insured by clear metrics, training and high compensation levels

Cons

Increase support staff although my particular support staff was sufficient. I believe the company is very sensitive to any issue that affects production and happiness of its staff

Advice to Management

When I worked for Headway (under Headway Technology Resources), management was outstanding. I would highly recommend working for this company. Work/Life balance is great at Headway, don't hesitate to consider a position with them

Stay away

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

Barely legally company that avoids being pursued by any of legal action against themselves, due to the firing of all the staff who is forced to participate in their unlawful practices.

Cons

Borderline illegal operation, that undermines the integrity of the workplace and also the confidentiality of its workers. Headway will do anything to get their hiring numbers, even if that means hiring a registered pedophile without informing the company they sub him for. There are no other job titles in Headway, everyone is under recruitment and will be forced to accept 12$ an hr with is incredibly low.

Advice to Management

Close shop

6. laid back, fun company

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

great people to work with on a daily basis

Cons

none that I can think of at the moment

Get what you can, then get out!!

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

Great location, good entry-level position, some flexibility.

Cons

Lack of cohesion, lack of support, no vision, no career path, shady management. This company had no desire to invest in, and train it's entry level staff. The more marketable skills you pour into your team, the more valuable they become. It's easier for them to use up the recruitment team until the team has nothing left to give and then do what Headway does best and lay them off. It makes sense that the sales teams biggest selling point is that they can do what other companies do for less! That's how they "sell" . (They are losing business anyways.) This is because their Recruitment team, the ones that do the work, are being paid beans. Between this and the worst "management" teams ever, I'm surprised this company's doors are still open! I'd only recommend this company if you are a recent graduate or entry level and just want to get some initial experience.

Advice to Management

Good luck when Headway goes under and you are forced to work in the real world. This place is a joke and real companies know better than to operate like Headway.

The corporate "gig"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to gain experience if you are young and have no previous formal corporate experience. Laid back work environment and perfect location in downtown raleigh.

Cons

Terribly underpaid. Hard working employees are paid scrap hourly wages, while execs and mid managers make 3x as much. Terrible "bonus program" as well. Company WILL fire any employee on a whim, no matter the quality or tenure of your work. Biased exec team who only promotes and hires attractive females, I seriously question the intentions of the leaders of this company.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself . Don't expect a committed work force without showing a commitment to your employees

I worked as a Recruiter

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's downtown, so it's close to all the good restaurants. We got free food a lot! It was nice but it wasn't worth the low pay.

Cons

They start everyone off as a temp and make you feel like you're inferior. They mass hire people for projects and fire people if they don't suck up to management. During my time there we had 3 Vice Presidents quit, probably because they saw they immoral things going on in the office. If you suck up to management, you will go far. They do not care about education, in fact most people in "leadership" do not even have college degrees and lack experience. During my time there, my manager would constantly shop online, play foosball, or write emails with incorrect grammar. I don't think I ever saw my manager ever actually do work, unless she was pretending to make herself look better by taking credit of our team. They treated their employees like they were disposable. We used to say Headway was like a revolving door, because people are constantly leaving. Since I have left, I believe 75% of the people are no longer working there. If you want to work for a company where they literally do not care about you, and you're constantly in jeopardy of getting fired, please come work here. You will be severely underpaid and never receive proper training.

Advice to Management

Management should try to care less about their high paying salaries and care about their employees. I think in the year I was there I saw JP Sakey maybe 4 times.

Career Destruction For Most

Former Employee - Senior Vice President
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

Company located in beautiful down town Raleigh, NC. I met some great people during my extremely short time I was employed.

Cons

They got rid of one of the worst "Executives" I have ever worked with which probably should be in the "Pros" section of this review. The CEO is on another planet and I do not mean that in a good way. I was asked to "Make Up" numbers on my first day of employment as were the others sales people instructed to do so. "The Board wants to hear great things" from the team. It turned out to be and still is a inflated forecast.

Advice to Management

If the board of directors have any sense they will stop funneling money into this circus. Oh, I guess I would say to the remaining "Executives", step down and retire. Business is no longer done this way.

A recipe for disaster

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

There are a lot of activities for employees to distract them from their actual jobs. They do a good job with allowing for employees to distract themselves.

Cons

Literally the most dishonest group of managers I have ever been associated with. The entire management team is afraid of the CEO who uses intimidation and fear to get his way. The CEO can never be wrong and sets extremely high unrealistic expectations for goals. When these goals are not met he then rants and raves at anyone who he can find. He is unwilling to admit he was wrong. The CFO and Vice Presidents will not stand behind their employees which is why they still have jobs. If you choose to work at Headway be ready for distractions that have nothing to do with your job but are presented as immediate needs to solve a problem that has been contrived by upper management. This company will never be great and if you are looking to work at a place where you are intimidated, belittled and treated poorly then go work for Headway.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and look into why your company keeps losing good people. I would suggest that you look at yourself to understand why your company is doing poorly. Stop citing the great leaders of business you often misquote them and the books they wrote plus you do not use any of their advice properly. Having a meeting with your team is a joke everyone blames each other and no one takes responsibility. If you have expectations of people set them and tell them the what they are. If you are going to dismiss someone do not give them a raise and tell them they are under review rather than blindsiding people at your whim to cover your mistakes. Let people do their job and follow the plan they laid out to completion. If you have someone give you a new idea - loop in the proper team members. Finally, you do not know everything so listen to the people you hired to make your company better. There is no value in working for you because the CEO has such a bad temper that it demotivates people and creates a culture of blame.

RSS Feed </> Embed