Headworks

Updated October 21, 2014
3.5

Michele LaNoue
1 Rating

I am happy to go to work every day.

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Houston, TX

I have been working at Headworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone here cares about what we are accomplishing in the wastewater industry. The company is quickly growing which does not come without its complications, but don't let that count as a deterrent. I am happy to wake up and come into work everyday. Upper management takes care of everyone. It is nice. If you are a driven person who wants to work in a fun and challenging enviroment.. This is the place for you!

Cons

It is a growing company with offices in Canada, Dubai, and India. It is critical that we work with our overseas offices to ensure success and occasionally the cultural differences can be a problem. Sometimes it is confusing to be held to two different sets of expectations from our USA and overseas offices. A little overwhelming sometimes but ultimately everyone in all of our offices are working towards the same goal and that easily makes up for the occasional difficulty.

I think that management does a good job of listening to what employees have to say and they make changes accordingly. Headworks was just voted one of the best places to work in Houston and there is a good reason why... We have great management and great employees.

Good culture and opportunities to move up

I worked at Headworks full-time

Pros

Good culture and coworkers are easy to get along with and helpful. Laid back office with casual dress code. Opportunities to work in different departments and grow your career.

Cons

No in house IT, generally things go at a slower pace, most of the customers are municipalities so they are in no hurry.

Offer training and team building exercises

Good

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Headworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A place you will see miracles happening. Great Team, eager to meet most difficult deadlines. Being a small and growing company, there are plenty of opportunities to learn different parts of the business and enhance your skills.

Cons

Being in Houston, we face tough competition from the Oil & Gas industry, hence sometimes it take longer to fill new positions.

Intern at Headworks

Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Headworks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Headworks is an excellent place to complete an internship. I mainly worked in the Sales department and my role was very educational. I learned a lot that will directly apply to my future career goals. Everyone that I interacted with at Headworks was very friendly and helpful. Even if they had a lot of work to do, they always found the time to answer my questions. I’m very grateful to have worked at a place like Headworks this summer.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Great potential but difficult culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Headworks

Pros

Young eager workforce; great industry; small company means possibility to do different tasks; things are available for improvement; willing to pay to attract talent

Cons

Decisions are dictated from the top; lack of trust from management; difficult to bring positive change; culture is of hesitancy to make decisions; lack of clear prioritization

Let staff give you honest feedback that you can listen and respond to; trust and delegate to dedicated, hard working employees; find constructive ways to allow change; understand that difficult decisions can be made throughout the organization, not just at the top; respect ideas from others; give the process time to work

Management does listen to employees on "the front lines"

I worked at Headworks full-time

Pros

Benefits, employees, casual workplace, location

Cons

Expected to work odd hours because CEO comes into office when she wants to
    Emails all hours any day of the week

Listen to employees who deal directly with customers. Hire competent employee