Healogics

Healogics President & CEO Jeff Nelson
Jeff Nelson

Not Quite There

I have been working at Healogics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is growing and fulfilling its brand promise of being the #1 in healing wounds. Salary and benefits average in this geographic part of the country. Not sure about other areas.

Cons

New software, new ideas, new challenges that don't always get rolled out as they should. Lots of busy work for the Program Directors which get in the way of the more important priorities. Training makes the effort but often falls short as it can be redundant. First 6 months incredibly overwhelming as you struggle to learn both the hospital partner and Healogics. AVPs and RDCOs too busy putting out fires (or not particularly well versed) at training to provide more than cursory support. The web portal (which the company has been promising to update) is a black hole of lots of information that no one can find.

AVPs need to be trained how to manage and teach. RDCOs need fewer centers. Vacancies are too long being filled -- look into why the turn over is so high.

Unsuccessful center which struggles daily......

Current Employee - Care Provider Licensed Staff
    Current Employee - Care Provider Licensed Staff

I have been working at Healogics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reference resources are abundant BUT their primary source their "Portal" is a vast site not easily navigated. They are quick to provide "Evidenced Based" steps to the processes but rarely are they practical. Their processes therefore are mostly numbers driven. Has many levels of Leadership for contact (PD,RDCO ,AVP, etc) that quickly disappear when needed and change frequently unannounced.

Cons

Communication
    Being a numbers driven company is their focus-reports-reports-reports that often do not contain accurate information. Their electronic documentation program is slow and has download issues on a daily basis. It appears to be a common theme for continuous turnover in its centers.....leaderships presence and preparation for its role is scary at times.

Focus needs to be shifted back to the basics of patient care. Treat the patient first, not the protocol. Put the care back into what you preach for the patient and the employee. It appears that all levels of management are promoted quickly into positions that they are not at all prepared for. The wound care concept that they promote is good but the overall daily business needs of the center lacks competent and caring Healogic's leadership.

Rapidly Growing Company - Maybe too Fast

I have been working at Healogics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits, many employment opportunities throughout the nation. Wound Care experts, serves a need in the aging populations.

Cons

It is a national company with limited local support, company is vested in expansion and if you are not assisting in this effort, you may find your self unemployed. Senior Management very aggressive to meet their business development goals regardless of the local business environment.

Invest more time in training and strategic planning to better improve local center outcomes.

Processes and more processes, that gets in the way of doing your job!

I have been working at Healogics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to learn new processes, and new ways to implement these processes so you'll hopefully, maybe,make your goal and not be put on a action plan! Oh, Joy!

Cons

These processes tend to change weekly, monthly, quarterly due to the ridiculous, unreasonable, expectations and unattainable goals. And when you don't make your goal, instead of getting support from your area VP or from corporate, they put you on a "action plan" Never mind you exceeded your last year financials by 15%, or you sacrifice a lot in the process...Oh, not to mention it affects moral at the center's level... Or, your hospital is more than pleased with your center's outcome...no, never mind that!

Truth of the matters is, all of these processes truly get in the way of doing our job and doing it with pride. It gobbles up precious time away from the " required" 40% of community education we're suppose to be doing. Corporate claims it's " value added efforts" Here's a value added advice for you...Quit making our hospital partners mad all the time so we don't have to justify our existence. We get so boggled down with all of these additional processes that at the end, most of it doesn't even matter! Look at the constant changes in these" processes". There is a lack of support for the ones at the field level where all the magic happens. There is little consideration for the center's staff and the great work we all do across the country!

Program Director at Healogics

I have been working at Healogics full-time

Pros

this company is becoming an industry leader so there are a lot of resources available; pay is great and depending on your center you could really enjoy being a representative of both Healogics and hospital partner.

Cons

because it's a new company there are some growing pains. this position is half "sales" very similar to what would be expected of a pharma rep. However, no company car and no big lunch budget which is frustrating. The software they have is definitely not developed by sales people because it is tedious. It's a lot of job for one person. you're both sales and operations

If you want PDs to focus more on CE or sales, you need to place more emphasis on sales support. better software. better bonus structure etc.

Amazing Work Environment and Constant growth

I have been working at Healogics full-time

Pros

There are many benefits to working with this company including yearly training, employee investments, full benefits packages at low costs. Working environment includes constant growth and there is a steady and consistent business model. This organization truly has a market niche and it's growing. Great medical staff and an organization that truly strives for helping heal out chronic long term open wounds.

Corporate life has a good work life balance. Annual salary increases like clock work, education assistance, great collaborative working environment.

Cons

Many field staff report a disconnect between corporate and themselves. This organization has a higher than normal churn rate but that is largely in part due to differences at the center level. The Program Director role churns the most but it is a high stress "multiple hat" environment. Recruiting seems to hire a wide range of people from incompetent and questionable at best about their qualifications to staff that you cannot live without.

Field management staff tends to seem fairly needy to the point where you wonder how they are still employed.

Reduce the amount of report requirements on the field and give a stronger support base for center level staff.

Safety Director

I worked at Healogics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company much to learn, Great opportunity for growth

Cons

Lack of communication with HR, HR is basically absent from employees.

Healogics Response

Sep 9, 2014Director

Human Resources is located in Jacksonville, Fl. While we have close to 600 locations, we make every effort to connect with the field. Recommend escalation through management in future situations ... More

BULLYING MANAGEMENT!

I have been working at Healogics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Clinical Staff that is very caring, hard working and knowledgeable.

Cons

Management will bully the staff to tears. Human Resources condones this type of management. It does no good to tell corporate since this is what they train the management to do to keep the numbers up.

Take some management courses on how to manage without bullying employees to tears. Of course, they will never admit to this since it is always done behind closed doors.

Poor managment

Current Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Dunn, NC
    Current Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Dunn, NC

I have been working at Healogics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits are the best thing about the job

Cons

poor management, lack of tools needed to complete job, little training

Upper management needs to look at lower management more closely

Patient care and outcomes are superior, company management and HR are truly inferior

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Healogics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a strong structure set up to help an enormous amount of patients. Salaries are well compensated. There is a decent amount of training and/or classes available to employees.

Cons

Middle Management to Upper Management was constantly turning over or positions were left vacant. Attention was not granted to hospital clients and partners until there was sufficient friction or there was an issue Healogics needed addressed. There has been a dramatic shift from patient first, revenue second to revenue first, patient second in the core values of the company.

As a Program Director I was fired for an accused claim. I was not allowed the chance to have a discussion and refute the claim. Immediately thereafter I produced the evidence confirming the claim was false. HR would not let me talk to their superior with this information. At this point I still required several pieces of paperwork and information that by policy should have been provided to me, but HR would not answer or return any of my calls (1-3 a week) over the course of 8 weeks. They never did and I eventually gave up as I live several states from their headquarters and could not go in person.