Healogics Reviews

Healogics President & CEO Jeff Nelson
Jeff Nelson

1. PD

I have been working at Healogics

Pros

You have a lot more control then a typical mid level management job, I think that's great.

Cons

Health care can be challenging sometimes

Clinical Manager

Current Employee - Clinical Manager
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager

I have been working at Healogics full-time

Pros

Good Pay. Clinical Practice Guidelines are a great tool.

Cons

You are punished for being clinical. There is no room for registered nurses to move up as program directors . Clinical managers are belittled by program managers and made to feel unworthy . I do not believe Healogics hires fairly . You do not see different races in upper management positions. Something is wrong when you are at a dash of 125+ people and there is only one person there of color.

Advice to Management

Healogics would benefit from all program directors having a clinical background. Healogics needs to explore there diversity within the company and making sure everyone has the same opportunities and chances for advancement.

3. Still on boarding

I have been working at Healogics

Pros

Clinical Practice Guidelines, so far I'm still on boarding and will be able to elaborate further in the future.

Cons

The current staff does not have respect for the Program Director. The staff would like to see Healogics go and the Hospital take over operations of the Out Patient clinic.

Advice to Management

Healogic employees should staff the clinics not hospital staff. Their adherence to Healogic policy & procedures is superseded by the facility.

5. Program Director

I have been working at Healogics full-time

Pros

Growing, very aggressive, Fun, they care about patients.

Cons

Not a good sense of team. AVP is the job to get

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Poorly Run Corporation with Poor Attitudes

Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Healogics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits with the company are OK and are affordable. You just don't want to get used to things because if they can "cheapen" it they will. If you are a competent PD and have a good AVP then life will be good; otherwise watch out. Clinical guidelines and support are good. Resources are available but attitudes of the corporate environment are not always great when it comes to helping out PD's in the field.

Cons

Corporate pushes down a new form or tracking program almost monthly. Most of the "new" forms are repetitious of prior ones and are a complete waste of time. Regional support of leadership is worthless. Many of the RBD's are not clinical, have "superior" attitudes, and do not add any value to the company. Some of the RBD's have very questionable hiring practices and only hire or promote female AVP's. In over 5 years in my Region I have NEVER seen a male who applied for an AVP position get one; only lesser qualified female candidates get hired! No males in 5 years...really! Corporate is either so blind or they don't care to look in to why this RBD ONLY hires females! Corporate does not value high performing PD's or any of their input. You could win yearly clinical awards and beat all financial goals and they still do not care how you were able to exceed goal; they only send additional forms and have the AVP's send messages that "we need to do better". There is no celebrating success with Healogics. They want $$$ pouring in to corporate and that's all they care about. Even if you are the #1 Wound Center in the Region, they do not care how you were successful if your strategies were not the ones they set up. They have a vision that they are the only ones with good ideas and the PD's in the field are morons and implementers! Great culture isn't it?

Advice to Management

The Board should bring in at least 6 of the most talented PD's in the company and let them run Healogics. Terminate all RBD's and have all AVP's re=post and interview for their positions. All attitudes should be sent packing. Turn the company into a strong clinical company again, celebrate success, reward high performers, value successful employees and seek their opinions, and most important....hire fairly.

Healogics company rating

I worked at Healogics

Pros

big business model, national company, relevant

Cons

no upward potential for entrapreneurial growth

Advice to Management

get to know your doctors

NON HEALOGICS RN

Former Employee - RN Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - RN Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Healogics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Largest wound care group with a lot of webinar programs.We all traveled to Texas for training and although it was planned too length the accommodations were great.

Cons

Program directors seem to have a superior attitude and look down on staff as just an employee without an opinion.I work for a large hospital organization now and see Healogics from the other side. I've see some excellent nurses leave because of upper management team micromanaging the staff.Feel bad for the Healogics staff.

Advice to Management

Director is not meant to rula a clinic and think she can tell drs what to do. This is why drs want Healogics out of their centers. Wake up before it's too late people.

9. Front Office Coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Healogics

Pros

I do not find my current position to be too demanding of my time. 40 hours worked, per week.

Cons

No resources, and no continued education related to our role. National Healing was the ideal employer in that sense. There is minimal opportunity to advance with this company. Two degrees later and I'm basically a secretary.

Advice to Management

I have nothing but positive things to say about my CURRENT manager. Unfortunately, my previous manager lacked in support, and only cared about the "numbers".

Disorganized Organization

Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Healogics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company; decent wages and benefits

Cons

Very disorganized. No response to emails or phone messages from various departments. No accountability. Big plans, but no effective route to get there. Antiquated IT programs with frequent access issues. Frustration abounds. A state of chaos.

Advice to Management

Set your goal and devise a clear path to reach it. Hold people accountable to do their jobs. It's not acceptable to ignore reasonable requests from colleagues.

Most people here are just collecting a paycheck

I have been working at Healogics full-time

Pros

Healogics is a growing company. If you can get a role at one of the WCC and work your way up from PD to AVP, then it's a good career move, but you have to be willing to travel a lot to move up. Caveat: major inconsistencies in culture from one WCC to the other.

Cons

Corporate is a mess. there is no direction, everything is siloed, teams don't trust other teams, and there is no leading from the top. Top management cannot get unified. Some are great, but others are encouraging silos and infighting because they just don't agree with the CEO and do whatever they want without regard for how it effects other parts of the company.

Advice to Management

Top management are great at M&A activity, but lack true people management skills. Need mentality change in corporate to get people focused on teamwork instead of worrying about protecting their own interests.

RSS Feed </> Embed