Health Advances

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paula Ness Speers

Smart people and great culture; great place to learn and grow.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Health Advances full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are the best asset: very smart with a good balance of perspectives (science and medical vs. business). Firm fosters a good culture in which its easy to thrive if you apply yourself. Travel is not a killer like at other consulting firms. Hours are reasonably flexible, allowing time to get personal things done.

ConsConsistent with many consulting firms hours can be long - nothing unusual in this regard, but be prepared for a long night here and there if you've never done consulting before. Management is cautious, so decisions can take too long and sometimes decisions aren't always transparent. This is sometimes perceived as patronizing "we [management] know best". Pay is not as competitive as elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace innovative ideas from your employees more readily. Take more risks on your employees' enthusiasm by offering more training and externship opportunities.

Was expecting so much more....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Health Advances full-time

ProsConstant work - will not have downtime wondering when the next project will come in

ConsPay is not competitive for hours expected, unclear training and integration plan for higher level positions, high turnover, people and projects treated as cookie-cutter

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to customize with real value-added insight beyond the standard deliverable

Great first job

Analyst (Former Employee)
Weston, MA

I worked at Health Advances full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people, generous pay, interesting work. The firm is a good place to get your feet wet in consulting or consider paths into MBA, med school, or industry work.

ConsPuts too much menial work on entry-level hires and promotes them based on success there, rather than ability to handle more complex and project-essential tasks.

Top Tier Strategy Consulting Experience in Boutique/Industry Specific Organization

Analyst (Current Employee)
Weston, MA

I have been working at Health Advances

ProsThe Senior management is very competent, and well respected by clients. They are also highly involved in the work and professional development of their employees. All strategy- no operations.

If you are interested in life sciences/healthcare consulting this Health Advances a great place to be a part of.

ConsLocation is in the Massachusetts suburbs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster the small company environment and focus on developing talent.

Worked for Health Advances? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Health Advances reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Health Advances CEO Paula Ness Speers. All reviews posted anonymously by Health Advances employees.