Health Advocate Reviews

Michael Cardillo

VP Sales

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Health Advocate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to manage your own business plan. Good product quality. Work life balance was good if you managed it appropriately and say no to unnecessary travel.

Cons

Management was dogmatic and draconian. Minimal support, but in retrospect it forces you to become a much better business person than you ever thought you would become. Much like a university of sales management with baptism by fire . Think of "Survivor" & "The Apprentice" wrapped up in a job and that sums up your career experience at Health Advocate.

2. Look elsewhere

Pros

Fellow coworkers are great. No weekend work

Cons

Micromanagement at its highest Supervisors are glorified babysitters with no real authority to effect change

Advice to Management

Let your manager do what you hire them to do mange the department. Listen to your employees who actually do the job and not a director who leads by bullying.. Procedures that worked when you opened the doors are outdated, cumbersome and ineffective. You need innovators not regulators.

Okay, but don't stay long.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Health Advocate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My salary was competitive and I liked the other members of my team. I got to work on some interesting projects. There were many perks to working here in the beginning, but these decreased over time.

Cons

Micromanagement. Bullying and aggression from upper management. Favoritism. Inconsistent application of rules across team members. Inability to plan ahead, even for annual recurring projects resulting in unnecessary stress and last minute scrambling. Management often unavailable making it difficult for you to do your job. Lack of communication.

Advice to Management

If you respect your employees they will respect you. Consider autonomy and treating individuals like adults.

customer care associate, benefits specialist

I worked at Health Advocate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, with the exception of upper management, people are happy to start there but then within a week, they realize they made the wrong decision

Cons

upper management have no idea what they are doing. Upper managers to have no idea or even care how low morale is in the company. There are two people who are so clueless and micromanage everything and they don't understand their outcomes. Face it, people are fleeing from the company because of two Napoleanic people. West Corp needs to wake up and fire these two upper managers, it's become a joke on how many people leave very week Everyone is unhappy and no one cares.

Advice to Management

Fire the two micromanagers and listen to the people in the trenches. West, if your intent is to run this company into the ground and move things to Nebraska, do it and put us all out our misery! No wonder everyone is running to the other company up the road

6. Great

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

Great staff, lunches, couches, lounging area and more

Cons

It was a tall buildign with not enough elevatiors

Advice to Management

Hire more people

7. Good experience ... If you've never worked before

I have been working at Health Advocate full-time

Pros

I have Nice co-workers and there is good cafe onsite... Trying to think of more.

Cons

The company is cheap. No one makes a real salary. The raises are mediocre as well so if you're thinking about starting low and working into a real salary quickly -guess again. Lots of micromanaging by upper management. This seems to be a common theme for call centers. New employees coming in the first year have very little PTO bc they've been bought out by West.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries. Be competitive especially if you won't provide decent PTO.

8. Appeals specialist

I have been working at Health Advocate full-time

Pros

Helping people navigate through our health system in many various ways. People helping people. Health advocate employees kind and truly caring about the clients we are assisting. Doctors, many nurses, benefit-claims-appeal Specilists all knowledgable and willing to help with medical info, wellness, EAP, insurance questions.

Cons

Work load is heavy at all times. Miss a day and you are a day behind for a long time. Coordination of processes within each department needs to be addressed , as there is little collaboration between colleagues- no time . No departmental meetings.

Advice to Management

Analytics need to accessable to employees so we know where we stand with metrics.

9. Micromanagement

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate-Benefit Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

I didn't see too many pros with this company. Good pay

Cons

They micromanage, they do not give any accolades to their employees. If you don't have a life at all the evening shift would be your best bet. I have gotten written up for the most adolescent things I would recommended this position to anyone wanting to be a robot for a company. This is not for someone wanting a regular 9-5

Advice to Management

Clean the lower management house

Engage2Health- Don't Waste Your Time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Health Advocate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No weekends, decent hours, free coffee and tea, some free lunches

Cons

Poor management, low employee moral, uneasy work environment, very little to no training, seems to not care for his employees, poor pay...I think that about covers it.

Advice to Management

Provide training, truly care about your employees, if someone makes a mistake don't hold it against them, allow the opinions of others.

11. engage2Health-- Great company to work for

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Health Advocate full-time

Pros

- Exposure to intelligent individuals who are respected in the field - Able to gain hands-on project management experience - Great work environment where new ideas are not only welcomed, but encouraged! - Modern office - Kind co-workers - All around awesome work environment

Cons

- If you are a driven, hardworking individual there are no real cons. - If you are looking for an easy job where you can slack-off—don’t apply

Advice to Management

engage2Health (a Health Advocate Company) is truly a remarkable place to work. At engage2Health you will be exposed to intelligent individuals who have meaningful industry experience. Here you will be able to grow professionally relatively quickly as you will be able to gain hands-on project management experience, as well as gain an in-depth knowledge of systems like SAS and SQL. At engage2Health the possibilities are truly limitless as management is very open to new ideas, whether it be publishing a research paper, new project idea, or a method of improving an existing process—your creativity is the only limit. My advice to management would be to keep on doing what you are doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed