Health Choice One Reviews

3.9
Scott Slutzker

1. Call Fronter

I worked at Health Choice One full-time

Pros

It was a wonderful work environment with several benefits. The people were kind, the office was clean, and I really enjoyed coming to work everyday.

Cons

There was no flexibility within scheduling. They will not allow for partite work. I am re- entering school this semester and they would not work with my schedule.

Advice to Management

nothing. you all were wonderful and I completely understand that you cannot afford to have an empty desk during any peak hours.

2. Best working experience of my life!!!

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Choice One has been one of the best working experiences of my life! I have worked here for 2 years, there was a time when I considered quitting, I AM SO GLAD I DIDN’T!!!! HCO is a great place to work. I have had many “jobs”, and HCO is the first employer that has given me a chance at a career without the catch 22’s associated with most other companies. Everybody employed with the company; from support staff all the way to the owners(who are in the office on a regular basis) care not only about their jobs but each other. I have personally had a very challenging year, and I have had the support and the strength of everyone here, which made all the difference for me. Income level is based on the individual. I believe the average agent makes between $500-$800/wk. Exceptional agents are taking home between $1400-$2000/wk. Most relaxed attendance policy on the planet! The owners want you to be a part of your families lives. They encourage you to attend sporting events and school functions. The office is always filled with laughter and comradery.

Cons

A base pay is offered, but income is mainly based on commission. The insurance industry is in a constant state of change due to the recent changes in Federal law. Must be able to think quickly and retain information well.

Advice to Management

A group of fonts walk into a bar. ‘Get out of my pub!’ shouts the barman. ‘We don’t serve your type in here.’ ;-)

3. Health Choice One is unlike any other company!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Akron, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Choice One is unlike any other company. From day one the training you receive is tailored to you as an individual, focusing on finding the strength within yourself and giving you the tools to overcome your obstacles. The management takes the time to help and they listen to your concerns. They work on providing a positive environment and keeping high morale. Not once have I felt like what I do here is a “job”. When I sell, it's a personal achievement. This company has helped me grow as an individual and provided me a career.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company. I've been with HCO for a while now and I'm treated with nothing but respect and kindness. I love it here!

Advice to Management

Drink less coffee!!! Our senior manager was running around like an Animaniac the other day. lol

5. Best Choice for Me :D

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee with HCO for a little over two years. I can honestly say this has been the best choice for me. Every company has ups and downs, so let me give you a breakdown. I can, and have made $1,400 in a day. During the regular year we work 8 – 5 Mon – Fri, and during OEP we get to work lots of OT. There were weeks right before Christmas where I made $2,000 in OT alone. We take trips. Most recently we went to the Bahamas for four days. We have a fun work environment with lively music and good people.

Cons

Sometimes I make as little as $300 in a day. Sometimes it rains on a free vacation. Not everyone likes a fun environment with music. Seriously, in any business there are rules, there is a fun side and a serious side, however not every job gives you the opportunity to make the amount of income you can make here and have a great time doing it!

Advice to Management

Sorry not much to say here. I like most of the managers and the way they work.

6. Love The Environment!!!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Akron, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Health Choice One for almost a year now. One of the biggest reasons why I chose this job at first is because of the environment! It's very family oriented and everyone here is positive. The managers are always very motivating. Your coworkers are also very motivating and will help you push to reach your goals. You have the opportunity to make as much money as you want. I almost never make less than $1,000 a week, and sometimes $2,000. You get the chance to really help people and learn new things each day. Also the company takes us on business trips our most recent one was the Bahamas. Over all this company is a great place to work with endless opportunities.

Cons

I got an error that said I have to enter 5 words for the cons so here's my five words lol.

Advice to Management

Maybe let me play games? :D

7. I really like this place.

Current Employee - Licensed Health & Life Agent in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Health & Life Agent in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It pays the bills. I usually make $1000 a week! Making 2-3K a week isn't out of the question during the Obamacare Open Enrollment Period. The senior call center manager is so funny. The other manager in Akron is very knowledgeable. The sales trips are amazing. Food is brought in for everyone all the time. I don't know what the other offices are like but I really like it here.

Cons

The job is not for everyone and you need to be able sell. There's a couple of rude and condescending people in the Akron office but I guess that's true most places. There is a point system but you have to miss a lot of days and it resets every quarter.

Advice to Management

Hi Management! Love you guys!

8. Not a bad place

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time

Pros

Great money and great work place environment

Cons

Bonus can be hard to calculate.

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros- *amazing training program *great environment *awesome management *the ceo and coo are involved in every aspect of the business *great business structure *Base pay *no traveling like many other insurance companies *no expenses *no charge back/financial risk

Cons

Cons- *being an insurance agent is a career not just another job....so this definitely isnt for everyone. if it isnt for you, it doesnt mean the company is bad

10. Constant Changes, Financially Unstable Job

Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Health Choice One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere and managers are fun, great training program, managers take time to train you and help you grow

Cons

The compensation plan was changed every month so there's no stability in income whatsover except for minimum wage, they make you feel guilty for taking ANY time off whatsoever, even around holidays, and will penalize you by giving you old leads, they are dishonest to sales reps about various things, they have control over whether or not you get fresh leads, there's no way for you to know what you're getting paid on or whether or not someone cancels, you have to take their word for it

11. Okay experience

Pros

Getting paid to train is nice.

Cons

No training at all for new agents

Advice to Management

Give better advice please!

RSS Feed </> Embed