Health Dialog

Be The First To
Add Photos

Health Dialog CEO Robert Mandel

Robert Mandel

Pros
  • Good benefits, Nice life/work balance, Good Co-workers (in 7 reviews)

• Used to be a nice work environment filled with great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance did not exist and it was expected that you would work weekends / evenings (in 3 reviews)

• Employees are under constant pressure & the there is generally low morale (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

This is a great company that is reinventing itself constantly according to market demand.

Prosfantastic benefits, congenial work atmosphere

ConsThe company is still in transition

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and develop

Smart people with no business sense

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSmart people staff is well intentioned.

ConsExtremely political. Arrogant management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your clients. You are not smarter than they are.

Great place! It provided opportunity to learn and grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, pay, connection with fellow employees, flexible to work from home

ConsToo political, former management who thought they had the answers but did not have their feet on the ground. work life balance did not exist and it was expected that you would work weekends / evenings.

Advice to Senior Managementask for real feedback and listen. don't make decisions from too narrow view. There are ton's of talented people that have solutions, ask and listen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work was enjoyable interacting with patients and assisting them with chronic conditions. There was a fast pace.

RN Health Coach (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat nurses and really cared about their patients.

ConsCompany has been through many site closures and layoffs and has hurt moral. Even though there are people that enjoyed working here not sure they will continue to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees

Great people , No vision

Manager (Former Employee) Bedford, NH

ProsGood benefits, Nice life/work balance, Good Co-workers

ConsTerrible vision and long range planning, not much personal advancement available, Ship began to sink in 2009. Rite Aid bought a hollow shell. BUPA couldn't get it work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new upper level management, need product vision

Interesting experiment.

Client Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWith some notable exceptions, the culture of the company was generally positive. Employees were friendly, and genuinely interested in learning what each other did, and in helping the efforts of others (management not always so helpful). Workspaces were hygenically (in many senses of the word) pleasing, which made day to day experiences there pleasant.

ConsManagement was highly decentralized, with four or five major segments of the company all operating with different initiatives in mind. Only one of these groups was actually focused on external customer service. The others appeared to operate with the assumption that servicing revenue was not a priority, and could not tie their daily production efforts to revenue whatsoever, and frequently in fact their daily work opposed revenue. For many similar reasons, and due to general economic conditions, the company's ability to maintain revenue failed in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirmly centralize the organization's mission, and ensure that sales, operations, and research can all say, at the end of each day, I did ___ to support revenue retention and growth among existing and future clients.

You'll regret working here.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Portland, ME

ProsPros are hard to come by.

ConsUnethical requests. Heartless management. Unreasonable hours and demands. Company needs a complete culture change.

Acquired

Senior Director (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsHigher pay. Nice people. In some ways this review is not relevant because they were acquired. Assume that things will now change quite a bit.

ConsOld HD is no longer in existence, was acquired by Rite Aid in early April 2014. Likely that Rite Aid will not leave them as an independently operating subsidiary for very long.

A very positive experience

Customer Service (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsI enjoyed the chance to engage with clients and address any of their questions or concerns on how their health benefits worked for them. My co-workers were fantastic to work with, and I gained a great deal of knowledge on how to take better care of my health needs. Everyone looked out for one another and kept in touch when they left the company.

ConsThe company let go of too many good people when in restructured its growth plan. Now they have to go out and spend more resources on hiring for some of those positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to the practice of quarterly meetings with people at different sites. Face to face contact between employees and management benefits both parties and gives a chance to address concerns and answer questions more directly

Once had a direction and beneficial vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat people, good compensation, mission orientated, telecommuting options, fairly treated employees when reductions were necessary

ConsPoor work-life balance, release of the best people, too few employees to accomplish the work, secrecy veiled as transparency, low morale, frequent RIFs

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the recent publication of the acquisition, it's hard to provide any direction. The culture will be absorbed by the new owners and defined by them. Most importantly, perhaps listen to those left as to what worked and what didn't in the past.

Worked for Health Dialog? Contribute to the Community!