Health Facilities Rehab Services

www.hfrehab.com

Health Facilities Rehab Services Reviews

Health Facilities Rehab Services President Thomas Richey
Thomas Richey

HFRS has been a learning ground for me.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Thayer, MO
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Thayer, MO

I have been working at Health Facilities Rehab Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working hours and good co-workers.

Cons

Difficulty getting my ETO secondary to lack of coverage.

Not productivity hounds! But other cons...

Former Employee - Therapist
    Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Health Facilities Rehab Services full-time

Pros

Not hounded about productivity. If I needed to take more time to write a decent eval for a complex pt, or spend more time in treatment, I could. Flexibility to plan, screen & provide staff ed, etc. as needed. Was able to do some program development, not be forced into inadequate, canned policies. Laid back atmosphere--I could BREATHE! Standard benefit package. Travel time/milage covered if asked to go >30 miles &/or 30 min from home.

Cons

Pay is a bit low compared to other rehab companies. However, I'm OK with that since productivity demands aren't as high. I ran into ethical concerns at times, but not nearly as much as my current job requiring impossibly high productivity. Disorganized, wishy-washy management, hints at what they want, but won't put it out there in black and white. I was told I needed to "communicate more" when I was already following all policies, but not told specifically how to improve! WAY too much personal politics, gets in the way of doing your job sometimes, that's ultimately why I don't work there now. Will not help therapists stand up to unreasonable admins, DONs and advocate for appropriate pt care. Same parent co. owns homes & rehab division, communication & interdisciplinary policies should be better! And don't hold me accountable for rules that mgmt/admin/DON/etc just made up on the spot....

Be clearer about your expectations, then stick to them. Give more & more frequent specific feedback, both positive & constructive criticism. Help us help your facilities give better care and have active consequences for senior staff who consistently make trouble for therapy. And last, but not least, I know I'm not the first good therapist displaced by personal preferences &/or conflicts. Take a good hard look at that. HFRS could be a model rehab company where everyone wants to work. But you've GOT to clean up some of this first.