Health First

Ok employer

Current Employee - Medical Secretary  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time

Pros

Good Health Insurance Benefits, decent starting pay.

Cons

PL/sick policy, hard to advance,

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Excellent place to work

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked here for my entire nursing career. Benefits are good and the care is excellent and improving!

Cons

There has been a lot of leadership changes so things are still a bit unstable.

Continue to over communicate expectations of line level associates. Set a clear vision and people will exceed expectations.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockledge, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockledge, FL

I worked at Health First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HF is a fast growing company with great opportunities for advancement in the right department, great benefits and pay.

Cons

Many supervisors and managers need to be educated in Business Etiquette and learn to maintain a positive work environment for all and to all employees.

Educate Supervisors, send them to classes to educate them on development courses to help managers and team leaders maximize their effectiveness and better understand what it takes to build, develop, and grow exceptional team work. Some need to be educated in office professionalism, effective communication and organization.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Drastically Downhill is the last 2 years

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Dynamic environment, caring associates, even though senior leadership has an inhumane lack of compassion, the associates themselves are compassionate and believe in the mission.

Cons

Leadership is completely detached. Senior IT leadership is outright malicious.

Leave.

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Cocoa, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cocoa, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There's plenty of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Lots of lay offs. Disorganized leadership. Fellow nurses are nice, but under qualified leadership compensates with an iron fist.

Frustrating place to work, no advancement opportunities, they hire from outside, pay scale unfair.

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good working conditions, nice co workers

Cons

Pay scale unfair, no internal promotions

Get rid of some of the horrible directors you over pay, whom have no people skills what so ever. Listen to what your associates have to say, why are they unhappy. Reward those hardworking long term associates, promote from within. Save money by now hiring so many upper managers.

Needs tweaking but overall great...

Current Employee - Revenue Cycle Specialist  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Revenue Cycle Specialist in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for less than a year

Pros

The supervisors & managers are very helpful. The policies they have in place to ensure everything goes smoothly is awesome.

Cons

Currently the personal leave policy is horrible. The first day you are sick, it is taken out of your personal leave time instead of sick leave time. Also, I do not think I am getting a fair pay but it is still better than what I was making which is zero.

Overall, the company as a whole is great. Currently, there is a productivity set in place and I understand that management wants to measure their employee's productivity. The reality is sometimes there are TOO MANY variables to calculate a "fair" productivity. I just hope upper management realizes that.

Great company with lots of oppurtunity

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Attainable goals
    - Encourage development
    - Fair pay and great health insurance

Cons

- Mandatory Flu Shot for Patient Facing Associates

It's like a bomb, about to implode; not explode.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Health First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-It's great if you are working on the right floor; meaning the staff aren't burned out.
    -Otherwise, you might be lucky enough to find a great team of nurses that have your back.
    -Work nights if you want some sanity left.
    -You might get a free meal on some special occasions (if you're lucky)

Cons

-Staffed burned out = poor patient care
    -Dayshift = Hell
    -High management & RN turnover, incompetent, some amateur, new managers hired (I'm sure previously fired for incompetence)
    -poor patient safety due to lack of staff secondary to high staff turnover (could be people leaving/transferring or being unfairly judged)
    -they preach "customer satisfaction" while piling on the workload with lack of staff, but management offers next to no support while pointing fingers for poor unit results.
    -Mostly graduate nurses hired due to RNs quitting/transferring, so patient safety declines
    -Voicing your opinion (regardless of context) in their "I-CARE" environment paints a target on your back and your job
    -They want robots; robots don't talk or defend themselves from unfair/unfounded scrutiny
    -Forget about trying to get your timecard corrected and the money you worked for promptly, if at all.
    -Kiss your PL bye-bye unless you plan on being sick for an extended period of time to collect on their sick-leave pay.
    -Don't expect to see your SL when you leave; they'll take that from you too.

Some of your floor managers are a joke to patient care. There are a few that are rarely on their floor or available to the staff. Some just yell orders out like the staff are children while talking down to them. You have fired a few managers that needed to be gone, only to hire more horrible leadership. One manager visited my floor several times. I didn't see his name, but all he did was try to flirt with me and other nurses. Real professional.

Going down hill

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team of coworkers that treat you like family.

Cons

Punishment system, taking away employee benefits, only care about money/reimbursement, employee satisfaction at an all time low/turn-over is an all time high. Make you float to all 4 hospitals with no orientation even though you are hired onto one hospital unit. If you voice your disagreement with "policies," most of which are made up to suit the situation, you will be asked to leave. Unprofessional management are disrespectful to employees. Short staffing makes for dangerous RN to patient ratios.

Pay attention to the opinions of your employees. Happy employees make for happy patients.

Worked for Health First? Contribute to the Community!