Health First Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Steven P. Johnson

Pros
  • Life changing when able to assist medically challenged achieve a better quality of life (in 2 reviews)

• The pros are job location, fair pay and great benefits (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The first day you are sick, it is taken out of your personal leave time instead of sick leave time (in 2 reviews)

• Fellow nurses are nice, but under qualified leadership compensates with an iron fist (in 3 reviews)

Love it here!

I have been working at Health First

Pros

Great philosophy, involved in the community, positive work environment.
    I pinch myself each day so I know it's real, working at a nice job in a nice building with such nice people.

Cons

I've quit waiting for a downside. There doesn't seem to be one.

On Site Nurse Case Manager

I worked at Health First full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

#The opportunity to meet and talk with members face to face.
    #Great pay with yearly bonus.
    #401 (k) contributions

Cons

Upper Management sucked, no concern for employees, fired ppl with a smile and knife in back.

Advice to Management

Respect your employee's, ideas and suggestions. Do unto others as you would want to be done to you.

Reception

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Health First

Pros

Staff is nice and friendly

Cons

Pay is barely over minimum wage

Former RN

Former Employee - BSN in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - BSN in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Health First full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have a monopoly in Brevard County so they have the best benefits

Cons

It used to be a great place to work. Over the last 3 years much has changed. The write ups are ridiculous. If they want to get rid of you they will. Everyone is just trying to keep their job regardless of who they hurt in the process. Bedside nurses are expected to do more with less. Do not speak up about unsafe conditions or you'll be a target. Expect 3 patients in the ICU setting.

Advice to Management

You are losing all of your experienced staff. Experience is extremely valuable especially in patient care services. The frivolous write ups take an already stressful job and put patients at risk for errors because of added stress on nursing.

6. housekeeping

I have been working at Health First

Pros

pay and vacation and sick time

Cons

benefits, high cost, no room for growth

Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Rockledge, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Rockledge, FL

I worked at Health First full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people to work with; great flexible working environment; extremely wonderful benefits; educational opportunities including tuition reimbursement and classes offered; growth and development opportunities;

Cons

There were some issues with the rumor mill; company is small so not well fine tuned yet but overall very smart people to work with and a great place to be.

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job and I don't have any advice to offer. It has been a great place to work and I continue to learn from the leadership there.

ED

I have been working at Health First full-time

Pros

Benefits of Health Insurance & some of the good staff family relationship. Having to deal with happy and friendly customers push for a success and feel of a job well done, making one feel appreciated. Strengthens ability to work in stressful environment and communication skill set along with patience and understanding different situations and solutions.

Cons

Mostly unhappy demanding customers and having to fit in the scores of government demands with customer reviews. Would like to be acknowledge and shown for good work not thought about as a machine or tool.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the employee(s) on matters and ask sensible question(s) and make sensible decision(s) with the involvement of the employee(s). Understand better work flow of each individual due to the environment as we all understand the current strain of health care(working together counts as team(s) with departments.

9. Really glad I got a job here. They are the best.

Current Employee - Administrative in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Health First

Pros

Love working in my department. Everyone mature and great to work with. Down to earth people who really want to make a difference.

Cons

A per diem employee and would like to be full time.

Advice to Management

Listen to new employees.

I worked for HF for 10 years. The first 8 years were great, the last 2 were horrible.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Viera, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Viera, FL

I worked at Health First (More than 8 years)

Pros

My coworkers were like family. I developed lifelong friendships with a lot of them. Patient safety is always priority.

Cons

Administration is out of touch with what it's like to work on the floor as a RN. Short staffed all the time. Patient to nurse ratio unsafe.

Advice to Management

Please listen and respect your employees. They are miserable there. It is unrealistic to take care of 6 or 7 patients to 1 RN and sometimes no CNA help and not expect mistakes to occur. You are burning out the nurses, especially those who have years of experience.

Better Teamwork

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Health First full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits seem fair, but could be more cost effective. HF owns the ins company. The hospital associates should not have worse policies than they see coming across the desks

Cons

inability to get time off approved. Constantly working short handed. Always having the same people do the OT, and not require everyone to share rather than burn out the willing associates.

Advice to Management

Offer your help to your associates. Do not just let them work however they can when you can not find anyone to fill in a spot that was vacated by a sick person or just not having enough people trained. You will gain much more respect with your team if you just roll up your sleeves and show your team that you care. Most management is salary, and should be made by there supervisors to work when department is short rather than overwhelm the people working or risk mistakes.

RSS Feed </> Embed