Health Fitness

Health Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Health Fitness President & CEO Paul Lotharius

Paul Lotharius

Pros
  • Great people, travel opportunities, comprehensive benefits packages, growth opportunities(in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits; health insurance, dental, etc(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the qualifications they require(in 6 reviews)

• They don't listen to the employees and wonder why there is a high turnover(in 3 reviews)

Great company, good pay, and professional coworkers.

On Call Screener (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay is good which includes up to $24 per hour, depending on your education/experience; and mileage reimbursement. You get to choose your own schedule with plenty events to keep you busy. Also, the coworkers are professional, friendly, and helpful.

ConsAs a full time manager, it is hard to balance your personal life and work with all the traveling you must do.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a great job.

Great Company

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Merrillville, IN

ProsVery professional, recommend highly to whoever needs employment!!

ConsAdvancement opportunities, always room for advancement!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great company that values their employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsWork life balance, good benefits, career growth opportunities and development, company culture is fun, access to work out facility in building is free including group exercise classes, and engaging health and wellness programming with a new platform to track your progress and participate in fun activities.

ConsThe company is in a state of growth, and with that can come some growing pains. I am excited about the direction the company is going, so the growth and changes are exciting to experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! We are an industry leader, and with leading edge technology including our new BioVia suite of health management programs and iPads at screening events, we have a very positive outlook for the future of this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent

Health Fitness Nurse (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsAlways willing to work with me and my schedule.

ConsSo far no cons for me in this RN position

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Over 20 great years and going strong...

Recruiting (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHealthFitness has always offered opportunities for career growth, but over the past years the opportunities have expanded into a variety of areas of the business and allowed employees to venture into areas they may have never thought possible. I always feel challenged and supported by management and my co-workers (they are like an extended family) and always there to support you.

ConsHonestly I can't think of any. I have always enjoyed the company and people I work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and expand as a company, so opportunities for associates grow too. Expand on benefit options, great add with Vision Care & tuition reimbursement, maybe some Orthodontics coverage.

Good Company to work for, wish there was more opportunity for growth.

Prospositive laid back work environment.

ConsNo limited opportunity for growth

Excellent for starting a career in corporate wellness

Worksite Screening Event Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat people, travel opportunities, comprehensive benefits packages, growth opportunities.

ConsLimited growth depending on department, work life balance can be challenging, salary is not competitive compared to similar companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider time away from home for field operatives and consider making salaries more level based on your competition.

I have had a good experience at Health Fitness. My supervisor is very low key and easy to work for.

Telehealth Nurse (Current Employee) Lake Forest, IL

ProsThe organization is pro healthy life stye. They have work at home arrangements.

ConsPart timers do not get benefits.

Struggling with balanced growth

Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company is working to make themselves a better place to work and since this is a growing company it is a good place for upward mobility.

ConsThe company is doing all it can to try to make change smooth but they are not forecasting all the possible down falls well or are not very prepared for them.

Nice company, nice mission, nice people

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany is growing
    Good mission and values
    Support professional development
    Winning new business; lots of opportunities on the horizon
    They seem to promote from within when possible
    Everyone is very nice
    Great tools to keep you connected to the rest of the company even if you work remotely

ConsBenefits are a little costly if you have a dependent or spouse on your plan

Advice to Senior ManagementMake benefits more affordable and consider supplemental benefits for employees and families.

Worked for Health Fitness? Contribute to the Community!