Health Fitness Reviews

Reset
3.1
Health Fitness President & CEO Paul Lotharius
Paul Lotharius

Pros
  • The full time positions offer salary and good benefits as well as paid time off (in 5 reviews)

• decent benefits, ok pay, GREAT people, learned a lot (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No bonuses, very low pay, and not alot of room for growth (in 7 reviews)

• There is no room for growth and they don't encourage professional development (in 3 reviews)

1. Health Fitness-The Snake Pit

Current Employee - Biometric Screener in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Biometric Screener in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Health Fitness (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycheck, flexible scheduling, helping people enhance their health.

Cons

Favoritism, gossip, sleaziness, unprofessional leads. The more professional credentials you have, the more mind-numbing tasks you get. If you are not in the 'in group' you will be stuck taking height and weight all day or doing blood pressures. I just spent 11 hours on my feet, doing the above. Needless to say, I am not in the favored circle. I have BA, RN, BSN, MS. My friend, an RN, BSN, Ph.D, is in the same boat. The MA's and PCT's get the sit down jobs. Nobody in HR cares.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep the professionals, treat them that way.

2. Health Fitness Specialist

I worked at Health Fitness part-time

Pros

Human Resources seems to be the only thing good about this company

Cons

- Poor management
    - No auditing of contracting sites

Advice to Management

You need to be more accountable of site managers.

I guess being treated like dirt isn't the worst thing in the world.

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A pay check, time off of the phones, leaving work, talking with AMAZING friends at work, sick days because I don't have to go to work.

Cons

Health Adviser Leads and Supervisors. HR department that has no tact and only supports themselves, not the human resources, US. Pay not equal expectations. Computer issues are common.

Advice to Management

Clean house, new leaders, take leadership classes, pay better, stand desks, have leaders not be so fake and smiley and then tear you down at any opportunity, publicly or privately. Scary place to be.

Misery loves company. Joint this company if you are looking to be unhappy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice "front" for a first impression especially if you see the parent company Trustmark offices, they have fancy offices.

Cons

That money doesn't trickle down to the employees, low raises, lack of advancement potential. They will work you to death with no appreciation. Management behaves like gods. Management will undermine your contributions.

Advice to Management

Go to some management training sessions to learn how to behave like managers.

Health Fitness is not what it appears to be.

Current Employee - Health and Fitness Professional
    Current Employee - Health and Fitness Professional

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Facilities look impressive however everything else is depressive. I can't wait to leave this company.

Cons

Bad management. Poor HR department. I was asked to do things that I don't believe are ethically correct to the customer by my manager. The manager is a name dropper and bully and threatens employees that they will use HR as a tool against them. HR will not support the employee, only the manager. We were even asked to go on this site to create a review to help increase their rating!

Low pay compared to the industry.

Lack of growth potential.

Lack of support or communication from the parent company.

Advice to Management

Replace your HR department and then comb through your upper management by reviewing each persons history, turnover, personal relationships to others in management, credentials etc, you may be surprised at what is found.

Feb 4, 2015SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer

Your comments include several unsubstantiated allegations, and this is the first we are hearing of them. HealthFitness and Trustmark, HealthFitness’ parent company, take violations of our ethical ... More

At first I thought this company was good. Then it came to light all of thr fraudulent activity that takes place.

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will meet a bunch of fellow like minded health professionals that are in this field for the right reasons.

Cons

The corrupt managment team. Look up how many medical doctors are actually involved in this operation, setting up the programs, creating what is supposed to be the gold standard for health and you will come up with a big fat zero as your number. The entire concept is fraudulent. A way to have clients that have Trustmark insurance (parent company) sign up for yet another service to get Trustmark more revenue. Additionally, their state of the art IT softwade and programs have so many reported flaws that are simply brushed under the rug and not corrected and then advertised to the next customer as state of the art. Management is not available most of the time, they leave early, take long breaks, full vacation. When they return they expect things served to them on a silver platter. They will delete your name off documents and the put their name on top and present or send the work out as their own. If you say something about to them, they claim they had to make some changes because they found errors. They use the HR team to bury the hatchet on all of the fraud, sexual harrassement (reported), hiring of relatives and friends, misappropriation of assets and resources. HR has employees that have 2 year college educations and do not know how to handle situations appropriately.

Advice to Management

Trustmark should replace the whole team of them especially HR.

Feb 4, 2015SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer

I was told to do this

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was told to do this but want to be honest. You get to meet a large variety of people,clients and their employees. Being able to help others to maintain their health. Having a decent human resources would really help the employees and the company.They cover up any issues mistakes or concerns. If they do not like your complaints they will do everything they can to get you to quit. They tried to get me to quit but they could not drive me out. The company has been fined thousands of dollars in penalties for not having the correct staff at some screening events. Get new managers, supervisors, Vice Presidents and clean up the dishonesty.

Cons

There is no room for advancement. Trying to work and deal with a supervisor who was not well trained. You can ask a a simple question and the response you get has nothing to do with what you asked. There is so much confusion that I am not sure how the company can prosper. The company has one of the worse human resource department you will ever deal with. You can express a concern or a complaint u will be completely ignored and told to talk to your supervisor who is the reason you went to HR. HR is unable to handle any problems, concerns or complaints. They will lie, ignore you or just tell you they do not know what to do. The higher ups in HR are not interested in what you have to say.They are the people who are responsible for covering up issues. You are suppose to get an increase in salary after working for a certain amount of time. They will not tell you. You have to tell your manager who will not give HR the message. Then you go to them on your own and they delay the increase as long as possible. They send u policies but then never follow them. You are told you can not drink anything but water but the people in charge drink coffee pop
    snacks they are often hypocrites.

Advice to Management

New Management would really help especially in human resources. They cover up any issues mistakes or concerns. If they do not like your complaints they will
    do everything they can to get you to quit .They tried to get me to quit but they could not drive me out. Get new managers, supervisors, Vice Presidents and clean up the dishonesty

Approves of sexual harassment, low pay, stifles professional development.

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was close to home.

Cons

Even if you've worked in the field for years, you still get the pay of a new college graduate. Raises are meager.

There is no room for growth and they don't encourage professional development.

Sexual harassment is not taken seriously here. If you report it, don't expect to have your manager, their superiors, or HR to handle it appropriately. Health Fitness condone's it by burying their head in sand. If you don't let it go, they blame you for the sexual harassment.

If management doesn't like you they will find ways to make you quit, including making up lies about you and putting it in your record. There is no way to defend yourself.

Nov 25, 2014VP HR

While we typically don’t respond in this type of forum, your specific comments suggest we condone harassment in the workplace. HealthFitness prohibits harassment of any kind and take appropriate ... More

No opportunities, micromanagement, toxic work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits; health insurance, dental, etc. HR staff are helpful when they're not covering for workplace harassment to avoid a law suit. Otherwise, not a lot of pros to be had at HFC.

Cons

Everything else. Underpaying employees, treating them like dirt, having them jump through ridiculous bureacratic hoops. Toxic reviewing with unsubstantiated claims from third parties (not supervisors or peers, just mystery people named to attempt to lend credibility. Managers make a rule today, change it tomorrow, and stand over your shoulder everyday. No technological advancement. Penny wise, pound foolish operations.

Good entry level job but falls short of promises and presented opportunities. Terrible upper management.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for entry level position and for minimal corporate wellness experience. Decent salary.

Cons

Terrible management, unclear direction, difficulty taking time off, no support, bad hours, new ideas are not supported, very high turn-over rate.

Advice to Management

Support your Program Managers and contracts more. Ensure Contract managers are qualified for position. This could be a great company if the right management is in place. Look into exit interviews.

RSS Feed </> Embed