Health Fitness Reviews

74 reviews filtered by
3.2
Health Fitness President & CEO Paul Lotharius
Paul Lotharius

Pros
  • The full time positions offer salary and good benefits as well as paid time off (in 5 reviews)

• Great people, travel opportunities, comprehensive benefits packages, growth opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No bonuses, very low pay, and not alot of room for growth (in 7 reviews)

• They don't listen to the employees and wonder why there is a high turnover (in 3 reviews)

Misery loves company. Joint this company if you are looking to be unhappy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice "front" for a first impression especially if you see the parent company Trustmark offices, they have fancy offices.

Cons

That money doesn't trickle down to the employees, low raises, lack of advancement potential. They will work you to death with no appreciation. Management behaves like gods. Management will undermine your contributions.

Go to some management training sessions to learn how to behave like managers.

Health Fitness is not what it appears to be.

Current Employee - Health and Fitness Professional
    Current Employee - Health and Fitness Professional

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Facilities look impressive however everything else is depressive. I can't wait to leave this company.

Cons

Bad management. Poor HR department. I was asked to do things that I don't believe are ethically correct to the customer by my manager. The manager is a name dropper and bully and threatens employees that they will use HR as a tool against them. HR will not support the employee, only the manager. We were even asked to go on this site to create a review to help increase their rating!

Low pay compared to the industry.

Lack of growth potential.

Lack of support or communication from the parent company.

Replace your HR department and then comb through your upper management by reviewing each persons history, turnover, personal relationships to others in management, credentials etc, you may be surprised at what is found.

Feb 4, 2015SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer

Your comments include several unsubstantiated allegations, and this is the first we are hearing of them. HealthFitness and Trustmark, HealthFitness’ parent company, take violations of our ethical ... More

At first I thought this company was good. Then it came to light all of thr fraudulent activity that takes place.

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will meet a bunch of fellow like minded health professionals that are in this field for the right reasons.

Cons

The corrupt managment team. Look up how many medical doctors are actually involved in this operation, setting up the programs, creating what is supposed to be the gold standard for health and you will come up with a big fat zero as your number. The entire concept is fraudulent. A way to have clients that have Trustmark insurance (parent company) sign up for yet another service to get Trustmark more revenue. Additionally, their state of the art IT softwade and programs have so many reported flaws that are simply brushed under the rug and not corrected and then advertised to the next customer as state of the art. Management is not available most of the time, they leave early, take long breaks, full vacation. When they return they expect things served to them on a silver platter. They will delete your name off documents and the put their name on top and present or send the work out as their own. If you say something about to them, they claim they had to make some changes because they found errors. They use the HR team to bury the hatchet on all of the fraud, sexual harrassement (reported), hiring of relatives and friends, misappropriation of assets and resources. HR has employees that have 2 year college educations and do not know how to handle situations appropriately.

Trustmark should replace the whole team of them especially HR.

Feb 4, 2015SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer

I was told to do this

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was told to do this but want to be honest. You get to meet a large variety of people,clients and their employees. Being able to help others to maintain their health. Having a decent human resources would really help the employees and the company.They cover up any issues mistakes or concerns. If they do not like your complaints they will do everything they can to get you to quit. They tried to get me to quit but they could not drive me out. The company has been fined thousands of dollars in penalties for not having the correct staff at some screening events. Get new managers, supervisors, Vice Presidents and clean up the dishonesty.

Cons

There is no room for advancement. Trying to work and deal with a supervisor who was not well trained. You can ask a a simple question and the response you get has nothing to do with what you asked. There is so much confusion that I am not sure how the company can prosper. The company has one of the worse human resource department you will ever deal with. You can express a concern or a complaint u will be completely ignored and told to talk to your supervisor who is the reason you went to HR. HR is unable to handle any problems, concerns or complaints. They will lie, ignore you or just tell you they do not know what to do. The higher ups in HR are not interested in what you have to say.They are the people who are responsible for covering up issues. You are suppose to get an increase in salary after working for a certain amount of time. They will not tell you. You have to tell your manager who will not give HR the message. Then you go to them on your own and they delay the increase as long as possible. They send u policies but then never follow them. You are told you can not drink anything but water but the people in charge drink coffee pop
    snacks they are often hypocrites.

New Management would really help especially in human resources. They cover up any issues mistakes or concerns. If they do not like your complaints they will
    do everything they can to get you to quit .They tried to get me to quit but they could not drive me out. Get new managers, supervisors, Vice Presidents and clean up the dishonesty

Approves of sexual harassment, low pay, stifles professional development.

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was close to home.

Cons

Even if you've worked in the field for years, you still get the pay of a new college graduate. Raises are meager.

There is no room for growth and they don't encourage professional development.

Sexual harassment is not taken seriously here. If you report it, don't expect to have your manager, their superiors, or HR to handle it appropriately. Health Fitness condone's it by burying their head in sand. If you don't let it go, they blame you for the sexual harassment.

If management doesn't like you they will find ways to make you quit, including making up lies about you and putting it in your record. There is no way to defend yourself.

Nov 25, 2014VP HR

While we typically don’t respond in this type of forum, your specific comments suggest we condone harassment in the workplace. HealthFitness prohibits harassment of any kind and take appropriate ... More

No opportunities, micromanagement, toxic work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits; health insurance, dental, etc. HR staff are helpful when they're not covering for workplace harassment to avoid a law suit. Otherwise, not a lot of pros to be had at HFC.

Cons

Everything else. Underpaying employees, treating them like dirt, having them jump through ridiculous bureacratic hoops. Toxic reviewing with unsubstantiated claims from third parties (not supervisors or peers, just mystery people named to attempt to lend credibility. Managers make a rule today, change it tomorrow, and stand over your shoulder everyday. No technological advancement. Penny wise, pound foolish operations.

Good entry level job but falls short of promises and presented opportunities. Terrible upper management.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Health Fitness full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good for entry level position and for minimal corporate wellness experience. Decent salary.

Cons

Terrible management, unclear direction, difficulty taking time off, no support, bad hours, new ideas are not supported, very high turn-over rate.

Support your Program Managers and contracts more. Ensure Contract managers are qualified for position. This could be a great company if the right management is in place. Look into exit interviews.

Tepid place, low discipline, domineering product management

Former Contractor - Development in Omaha, NE
    Former Contractor - Development in Omaha, NE

I worked at Health Fitness as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Remote work ethic, flexibility to a point

Cons

Unstated expectations, command and control mentality, uses buzz words without background or commitment. Company trying desperately to become competitive by rebuilding/reworking old software (long outdated) and trying to capture a new market.

Speak with folks, don't spend so much recruiting only to release when you're unstated expectations aren't met. Learn the basics of good management, regardless of the bind you're in with trying to hit unrealistic deadlines

poor, poor, poor should I say poor inexperienced senior management and leadership

I worked at Health Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers were great, I don't understand why they stay

Cons

Senior management is the weakest, incompetent and most selfish group of people I've ever seen at any company I've worked for. It almost seems unreal at first like you are experiencing some sort of nightmare each day you go to work. Instead of trying to figure out a better way of doing things, they play the blame game to get themselves off the hook for any issues. This involves stealing credit for work that they delegated as well as blaming for things that did not work out as they planned even though all along they ignored the decisions that had to be made to finish something.

I would shape up or ship out

Management needs to open their ears and hear us yelling

Current Employee - I Guess IT Looks Good On A Resume in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - I Guess IT Looks Good On A Resume in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Health Fitness

Pros

Fun coworkers. Flexible schedule. Fun office. Lots of office activity’s.

Cons

Very low pay. No one listens to you or cares what you have to say. Poor leadership. No growth opportunities.

Please please please liston to your employees. All the management does is hire Yes men and woman. There are a lot of very big flaws in the company that our team has been pointing out for the last year but no one will fix them until something falls apart. A very reactive company and not proactive. Pay is very low and they do not give raises. Staff is a revolving door because the good employees go to another company.