Health Fitness

Health Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Health Fitness President & CEO Paul Lotharius

Paul Lotharius

Pros
  • Great people, travel opportunities, comprehensive benefits packages, growth opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits; health insurance, dental, etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the qualifications they require (in 6 reviews)

• They don't listen to the employees and wonder why there is a high turnover (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great learning experience

Wellness Program Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsOrganized company, very friendly and cooperative staff, decent training, flexible hours, values family and obligations outside of the organization, the work is almost never boring and there's always something to do

ConsLimited number of open positions, small budget, potential employees must have personal training/group fitness certification for most jobs even if they're not planning on using them often, undercompensated for the amount of work employees do for the company

Tepid place, low discipline, domineering product management

Development (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsRemote work ethic, flexibility to a point

ConsUnstated expectations, command and control mentality, uses buzz words without background or commitment. Company trying desperately to become competitive by rebuilding/reworking old software (long outdated) and trying to capture a new market.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak with folks, don't spend so much recruiting only to release when you're unstated expectations aren't met. Learn the basics of good management, regardless of the bind you're in with trying to hit unrealistic deadlines

Kept me very busy

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsNice people to work with

ConsNeed more training in order to understand processes

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ups and Downs

Onsite Delivery Management (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsEver changing work environment, able to meet vast array of people, and many opportunities to improve your managment style. You are either home or on the road. Get to see and experience what different cities around the country offer that you wouldn't otherwise. There is usually down time around the holidays.

Cons100% travel, no day of the week is off limits. We have a great management team unfortunately you rarely get to see them. Have very little control over your schedule, flight delays and weather conditions. Compensation/salary for this traveling job is not stellar.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary

Excellent

Health Fitness Nurse (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsAlways willing to work with me and my schedule.

ConsSo far no cons for me in this RN position

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Happily Employed

Pros-The company "practices" what it "preaches" - Not only implementing wellness programs for client sites, but also for employees of HealthFitness
    -Yearly survey to employees, and having serious meetings on how to improve areas that employees have noted need improvement.
    -Some work flexibility
    -Employee only Social Media page to share ideas companywide.

ConsSome of the field employees at client site locations feel like they are not part of HealthFitness as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the yearly surveys coming, and figuring out ways to improve in the areas employees feel strongly about.

Great company

Health Coach (Current Employee)

ProsWell paying and reputable company.

ConsWest coast branch had some issues with leads having negative and condescending attitudes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook onto the west coast branch.

Experience varies by site, unfortunately my site manager wasn't that great.

HFS (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat people to work with and develop together as professionals. Pretty simple tasks to do and it's easy to get work done.

ConsHorrible management in place. Program managers need to be heavily train to learn how to really develop and serve their employees, not constantly surf youtube for new zumba routines to teach.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop surfing the internet and do what you are paid to do.

Over 20 great years and going strong...

Recruiting (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHealthFitness has always offered opportunities for career growth, but over the past years the opportunities have expanded into a variety of areas of the business and allowed employees to venture into areas they may have never thought possible. I always feel challenged and supported by management and my co-workers (they are like an extended family) and always there to support you.

ConsHonestly I can't think of any. I have always enjoyed the company and people I work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and expand as a company, so opportunities for associates grow too. Expand on benefit options, great add with Vision Care & tuition reimbursement, maybe some Orthodontics coverage.

Great company with great values

Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsExperiences vary from site to site but I've experienced flexible hours, good benefits, and the opportunity to focus my work in areas I'm interested in.

ConsI cannot speak for upper management but the lower level positions are definitely underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease base pay.

Worked for Health Fitness? Contribute to the Community!