Health Integrated

Updated January 29, 2015
2.5

Health Integrated Chairman & CEO Shan Padda
Shan Padda

By far the best company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Care Coach in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Care Coach in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people were great and the whole tone of the company was of caring. There were always numerous chances to help the community.

Cons

Sometimes in different departments there was a slight communication problem.

Watch for the departments that need guided help with communication.

Unstable, top-heavy company that has lost its way

I worked at Health Integrated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of challenges, lots of "toys" to work with, generally laid back office environment, some people lower in the ranks really care about their mission.

Cons

Way too many levels of redundant and completely unnecessary upper management. Dishonest senior leadership with no sense of direction. Low company morale after numerous rounds of layoffs while leadership gives themselves heavy raises. Company conducts all staff meetings in which they essentially pat themselves on the back for all of the hard work that their underpaid, understaffed, and horribly unappreciated staff actually do, while pay for the lower ranks remains relatively frozen. Upper management's solution to problems is to hire... more management! Utterly ridiculous. Several departments are understaffed, some critically, and are set up for failure. Senior leadership is rarely present. You would think they're out conducting or looking for new business, but many times we find out they're "working from home." You know that routine. They're at the beach with their cell phones at the ready "if needed."

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. This company will never become anything other than a startup until the CEO and his right hand man are shown the door.

Avoid if looking to contribute

Former Employee - Middle Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Middle Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Integrated

Pros

Many good, smart people. Growing company

Cons

CEO, CMO and COO work part time at best. CEO and CMO create chaos and poor morale. Neither seems interested in running a business. Uninformed also. CMO at least is ver nice if very uninvolved. Way too many EVPs, SVPs and VPs. To do COO's job I guess. The place is stuck in a cycle of denial and operational failure. But no one is allowed to suggest there is a problem or supported to solve it. Operational performance is unbelievably bad. Really really bad. Never say so while you work there though

find officers who will come to work and focus on operational improvement and morale boosting
    Listen to others

By far the most toxic, dysfunctional company I have ever encountered, if you value your sanity, run like crazy

I have been working at Health Integrated full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice cafeteria. Bathrooms have been redone. No bugs. Air conditioning is not as cold. Occasionally there is free food.

Cons

Management ignores people in positions of power that continually and across the board micro manage their employees to the extent that people become physically ill. Raises have been non existent for 3 yrs while more and more upper management is hired. Extremely toxic environment that can't retain their employees.

Look around.

Not a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Integrated (more than 8 years)

Pros

The intent behind the organization is to approach healthcare in a holistic way by connecting medical, behavior, and social together as one. The professionals on the floor are outreaching to health plan members and positively making huge strides. Their work, and passion for these members goes above and beyond. There are so many employees at this organization who are hard-working and passionate, with a real desire to make this company outstanding.

Cons

Poor leadership, no guidance. This organization has completed the same cycle year after year – not a forward moving company. This organization acts as a start-up company although they have been in business for many years. They struggle to move with the changing times and can’t be truthful with their employees or clients about their continues setbacks. The benefits are expensive and less than desirable, no raises/bonus, low pay and overworked/burnt out employees. There is no chance for career development or growth potential. Company culture is low and they make no attempt to fix it, although they say they do. No support from upper management. Leadership hires and places the wrong people in the wrong positions (sets employees up for failure and creates a huge turnover rate). Sadly most of these individuals are great talent that they lose or fire. The organization is extremely top heavy with a CEO who no longer seems to be involved. Lack of communication throughout the organization starting with the leadership team. Favoritism and hear say. No appreciation for employees and the things they do – many are undervalued and hanging on for the next best thing.

Do you really care? You are crumbling.

typical company that is clueless

Current Employee - Case Management
    Current Employee - Case Management

I have been working at Health Integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible concerning time off, pay is average.
    Employees on the floor are good people and try their best to do the right thing by the members in need of service

Cons

Upper management is totally clueless, rude, no concern about the real backbone of the company, which are the workers who deal with the members on a daily basis. Way too heavy on the top with management. It is a little dictatorship. CEO is clueless and always gives these ridiculous speeches about caring (maybe he means about himself)

Wake up and start realizing that your money for your high paying management positions comes off the backs of your workers. Look at the employees who have experience and education to offer, and some common sense.

Unethical/deceptive business practices. Administration lacks industry knowledge. Top heavy. Critically short staffed.

I worked at Health Integrated full-time

Pros

They have kind and competent IT department staff.

Cons

Low salary and poorest benefits in career. Maximum match to 401-K: 1%
    Extremely high medical premiums with limited panel of in-network providers for your own care. Panel does not consist of providers you would want to access care through
    Utterly chaotic atmosphere. 100% turnover in my department. Professionals busied and buried in clerical work, but with pressure to complete your high level work as well.
    All staff forced to provide personal medical history to Human Resources upon hire.
    Consistently requesting overtime, then beating staff up for working overtime that was requested of them
    Management does not respond to staff needs (no return calls/e-mails) in relation to urgent member need/situation. Metrics are unattainable by a human being due to inadequate tools, and indigent patient population
    Does not reimburse employees in a timely manner for expenses incurred related to the job

You wouldn't listen anyway. .........

Awesome

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Health Integrated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

challenging work, great people, fast paced environment

Cons

start up environment that needs to develop and standardize business processes

take care of the people who really love the company and enjoy working there

Marketing Designer

I worked at Health Integrated

Pros

Jean Days and co worker environment

Cons

Utilization of actual design skill are not used

The heart of the company is in the right place; the head is not.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Health Integrated full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The intent behind the company is amazing. Here is a company looking to approach healthcare in a holistic way - connecting medical, behavior, and social help together. The people on the floor outreaching the sick, elderly, and poor members of our health plans are the true heroes. I can't say enough wonderful things about the work they do, the passion they have for helping, and the intent focus on their members. There are so many employees at this company who are hard-working and passionate, with a real desire to make this company something great.

Cons

It was a great concern to me when I was asked to be an "ambassador for culture change" and upon my asking about the company's strategic plan was told "I don't believe we have one." I couldn't believe this, but it is very apparent. The everyone is going in a different direction and the leadership team provides no guidance. We watch our coworkers, our teammates, our friends be let go, their positions "eliminated" only to have temps come in to do the same work a week later. Every department and line of business does their own thing because there is no one guiding the ship along it's path. We don't know where we're going, but we're expected to get there faster, better, more efficiently. The benefits are not great: the 401k "match" is laughable and negligent; there is no tuition reimbursement or professional organization membership reimbursement; salaries are below the regional average and there is little infrastructure to develop employees past their current position in the company. Supposedly, we have a SVP of Talent Development, but I'm really not sure what she even does. There doesn't seem to be much "talent development" going on - if there was, someone might have noticed that I'm WAY over-qualified for the job they have me doing and I am better suited for a different position, one which the company could reap the full benefits of my education and experience. There are several employees who are, for lack of a better term, completely burned out after a few years because there is no career development and no growth potential. The organization is top-heavy with Chief, SVP, VP, and Director for every area. Resources are limited and expectations are high.

Pay attention to what your employees are saying!! Nothing has come from the results of the Employee Engagement survey conducted last fall, except for and exhausting number of "meetings" and "focus groups" with consultants to go over what we have said time and again, and now mandatory "Service Training", which we don't need. Create a culture in which you support and empower your employees - make them feel IMPORTANT (because without them, you don't have your big inflated salaries, your personal coaches, your golf outings, and your perks) and they will give you the best work they can do.