Health Net

Be The First To
Add Photos

Health Net President, CEO, and Director Jay M. Gellert

Jay M. Gellert

Pros
  • The people are great, work life balance is good(in 14 reviews)

• Excellent pay and benefits, and in my department, great flexibility around work hours and telecommuting(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant political senior management battles and plenty of inept individuals at(in 10 reviews)

• Many upper management executives are viewed as unapproachable and out of touch(in 6 reviews)

High School Mentality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsLots of places to eat or run to on your lunch. 2-weeks off in around Christmas and New Years in December.

ConsVery immature, HR inappropriate, sexually, verbal and mental harassment in Tucson, Provider Network Management department, management looks the other way and does nothing. Overworked and understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT slapping mentally ill, lying, stealing, cheating employees on the hand only when they are caught doing so and quit covering up for them.

Beautiful Place to work, wonderful surrondings

Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsBenefits and extremely culturally diversified.

ConsNot too many chances of improving or job growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice they are doing whst they can in light of the economy.

Excellent company to work for with plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to learn different aspects about the company and find areas of advancement and growth

ConsThe latter end of Health Net Northeast operations area had some weak areas in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect supervisory positions more carefully

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, but definitely has some pain points

ProsExcellent pay and benefits, and in my department, great flexibility around work hours and telecommuting. Great people to work with in almost every single area around the company - most employees really do care about the work they do and how it affects Health Net members and partners. Most leaders try to do the right thing by their employees to the extent they can within the power of their positions.

ConsWork loads in my department went from heavy, but somewhat reasonable to overwhelming and intolerable, with no end in sight - unfortunately, it is not unique to my department. Horrible technology and lack of accountability in fixing issues and in putting together a long-term technology strategy. WAY TOO MANY lay offs - no one ever feels completely secure in their position. Extremely top heavy company - the number of directors, managers and even VPs with no one reporting to them is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit expecting employees to handle more and more work and to continue 50-60 hour work weeks for months on end - perhaps if senior management would fix the top heavy nature of the organization and require that anyone in a manager, director or VP role have direct reports and are competent to lead people, Health Net could hire more FTEs to do the actual work. Stop band-aiding the technology issues and please stop providing "fluff" communications on how well the company is addressing IT issues - it is very apparent that Health Net is not any further ahead than they were 2 years ago - most would argue technology at Health Net is worse off now than 5 years ago. And last, do a better of job of long-term planning so that there is not the constant layoffs - its hard for current employees to feel secure and it wastes a lot of money.

Large company with a variety of positions.

Utilization Management Representative (Former Employee) Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsGreat benefits, variety of positions

ConsPositions are available, but very competitive. Not to much opportunity for continuous advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and support advancement of employees within the company.

worst company i have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

Prosdecent salary, nice building in huntington beach, good severance package, nice door man, not too many car break ins like there use to be in the employee parking lot.

ConsMicromanaged, low company morale, managers and supervisors have little education and are incompetent but are on a high horse, Verbally abused and interrogated constantly, no flexibililty. Not paid for overtime hours. Company likes to downsize by making life very difficult so that you leave on our own. Don't expect any appreciation here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at the lower level supervisors and managers and what they are doing to employees.

Organizational culture makes collaboration challenging

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIndividual workers are knowledgeable and committed; facilities are comfortable and well-maintained; staff is genuinely interested in providing quality service.

ConsOrganizational culture is very political; systems are unreliable; in-depth understanding of data and system functionality has been outsourced to contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide incentive for internal resources to develop understanding of data and systems, break down silos and incentive for cross-functional collaboration. Develop a meaningful social architecture (a set of values that make sense) - the current HN "brand" is next to meaningless.

It was a great place to work.

Medicare (Former Employee) Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsGreat pay and benefits. The people you work with are great.

ConsA lot of turnover in Management and they need to promote more internally. Once you leave the company they forget your name and achievements.

Advice to Senior ManagementPass out a compliment once in a while. Your paycheck is not a complement.

Outside Sales Rep

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsSold Medicare product to Senior

Conswas paid 45 day, after writing the sell

Advice to Senior Managementvery good company to work for

The employee comes last.

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsGood pay and benefits. There's really not much else to say that's good about this company. It was fun keeping track of who was in charge of this sinking ship from week to week.

ConsEverything and I mean everything comes before the employee. We were kept in the dark, decisions were made without input and then changed again and again.

Advice to Senior ManagementMerge with United Health Care and get it done

Worked for Health Net? Contribute to the Community!