Health Net

Be The First To
Add Photos

Health Net President, CEO, and Director Jay M. Gellert

Jay M. Gellert

Pros:
  • "Can set own hours, good work/life balance"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Excellent pay and benefits, and in my department, great flexibility around work hours and telecommuting"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Constant political senior management battles and plenty of inept individuals at"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Many upper management executives are viewed as unapproachable and out of touch"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

They only care about stock value not patients, doctors or their employees

Management (Current Employee)
    Woodland Hills, CA

ProsWfh and pto are nice benefits if approved

ConsCutting networks and access to doctors and hospitals and laying off community outreach and wellness department. They don't give a crap about anything but the bottom line. They made a huge profit last year and then no salary increase until August instead of March after everyone busted their butt. What health insurance company cuts their wellness program!

Advice to Senior ManagementKnowledge of company is lost due to turnover. When someone leaves they close position and "redistribute " their work to their team. They even set up their own employee hsa plan incorrectly and never announced it to date. They cut corners everywhere they can. No wifi. No cell service. No bonus for employees below management.

Horrible Culture; Horrible Leadership!

Director, Organizational Effectiveness (Former Employee)
    Woodland Hills, CA

ProsLoved working with my team in Corporate HR even though we were part of a horrible HR department

ConsAssociates are not valued; Senior Management is only concerned with their own financial well being; This Company should be taken over by a bigger health care company that knows how to run a business properly and provide excellent products and services to consumers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've created a horrible culture! Shame on you. Mr. Gellar - You are not Mark Zuckerberg! Don't wear a "hoodie" to a Senior Management meeting!!

Success is not celebrated, they want employees to be sheep

Senior Multimedia Designer (Former Employee)
    Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsHealth Net does offer a VERY competitive salary. For the position of multimedia specialist I was paid very well.

ConsThe company paid their upper level managers, CEO etc. very well, with enormous bonuses for no reason. I saw a lot of frivolous spending & departments that failed but management always punished the best employees.

Don't expect common sense from this place, don't have your own ideas or innovative solutions. They want Sheep - employees to shut up and listen!

Doesn't matter if you are the smartest, most efficient, hardworking or talented employee in your department. If you are better than your manager, you will get canned.

If you are sexually harassed and have documentation, don't expect HR to do anything about it. In fact, don't tell anyone or you will get canned.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some common sense. Give bonuses to the people who deserve it and not just to managers. Listen to your staff. Have staff reviews of managers themselves. Reward people fairly.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High School Mentality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsLots of places to eat or run to on your lunch. 2-weeks off in around Christmas and New Years in December.

ConsVery immature, HR inappropriate, sexually, verbal and mental harassment in Tucson, Provider Network Management department, management looks the other way and does nothing. Overworked and understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT slapping mentally ill, lying, stealing, cheating employees on the hand only when they are caught doing so and quit covering up for them.

worst company i have ever worked for

Huntington Beach, CA

Prosdecent salary, nice building in huntington beach, good severance package, nice door man, not too many car break ins like there use to be in the employee parking lot.

ConsMicromanaged, low company morale, managers and supervisors have little education and are incompetent but are on a high horse, Verbally abused and interrogated constantly, no flexibililty. Not paid for overtime hours. Company likes to downsize by making life very difficult so that you leave on our own. Don't expect any appreciation here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at the lower level supervisors and managers and what they are doing to employees.

Organizational culture makes collaboration challenging

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsIndividual workers are knowledgeable and committed; facilities are comfortable and well-maintained; staff is genuinely interested in providing quality service.

ConsOrganizational culture is very political; systems are unreliable; in-depth understanding of data and system functionality has been outsourced to contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide incentive for internal resources to develop understanding of data and systems, break down silos and incentive for cross-functional collaboration. Develop a meaningful social architecture (a set of values that make sense) - the current HN "brand" is next to meaningless.

Reactive, stressful environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- fair salaries
    - low overtime
    - one day each year, an In and Out truck comes in and a band is hired to entertain associates.

Cons- Too many irons in the fire, inadequate resources applied to ensure success.
    - Extremely slow to respond to pain points across the enterprise.
    - Focus is on deadlines rather than planning and executing effective strategies.
    - ***** Complete lack of accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on stability and low-risk initiatives, then PLAN for them. Understand that deliverable deadlines based solely on need rarely produce quality, coherency or brand awareness.

Backward, Technology 10 Years Behind, Resistant To Innovation, Poor Executive Decisions

ProsSome good honest folk work there, victims of fallout from major IT outsourcing (executive decision).

ConsNearly all the cons of working at Health Net (IT) are related to one thing: the company they choose to outsource with and the partners of that company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch to another outsource company or switch back to insourcing.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
    Woodland Hills, CA

ProsGood compensation package, great people

ConsConstant political senior management battles and plenty of inept individuals at senior management level leading to very low moral at rank and file..

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and stop nepotism..it will catch up with sooner or later..

I would look some place else

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Woodland Hills, CA

ProsSome good HR technology tools for both HR and the employees.

ConsWeak HR practices, constant rounds of lay-offs, disconnected HR team. Lack of solidarity and teamwork. Poor direction and cohesive leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the culture and the profits will follow - happy employees who are in fear of losing their job on a daily basis will create a production work culture. Raise the bar on performance stop hiring the bottom rung.

Worked for Health Net? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Health Net reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Health Net CEO Jay M. Gellert. All 119 reviews posted anonymously by Health Net employees.