Health Services Advisory Group

2.6

Mary Ellen Dalton

Learning Experience

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group

Pros

The chance to improve on your own career.

Cons

Managers are bullies, talking is not allowed and proving your self-worth is impossible

Great company

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group

Pros

People are nice and professional

Cons

dependence on the contracts

CMS should be ashamed

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group

Pros

Fair salary and decent benefits.

Cons

Too many to list! Management is rude. Staffed skills are not being utilized appropriately. Antiquated software systems are still used. Reports are manipulated for the benefit of CMS.

Hire someone from a different background (other than a CMS contractor) to learn how to bring your business up to the "21st-century"!

If this actually was a healthcare facility - they would be shut down.

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you're in the final chapters of your career - this might be for you. (It is not for young people).
    If you're experienced enough that people can't push you around - you may do well here.
    If you need a job for a few years as a stepping stone toward retirement this might be it.

If that's all you need - go for it.

Cons

The other reviews are true - I imagine this is what hell is like.

I felt like if I died here, it would probably take weeks for somebody to look in on me.
    When they did, the first thing they would say is, "I don't have time for this."
    And if they came to my funeral, they'd probably bring their laptops and start asking the morticians for the WI FI code and worrying about all of the seven emails they got while they were offline.

Little things are taken way too seriously here. People enjoy complaining and finger-pointing.
    Management is egotistical and attempts to manipulate employees through verbal and psychological abuse.

Stop pretending so hard that you're such a fun company to work for; people obviously figure out pretty fast you're not. Work with your managers to actually strengthen bonds within the company - not perception.

Great work environment, even greater people.

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group

Pros

I am really sad to see all of these terrible things about HSAG in these reviews!! In my 8+ years here, I have not experienced anything even close to what these other reviewers have said. Is there a smear campaign going on here?? HSAG has been an amazing experience for me. I can honestly say that I have met some of the nicest, most genuine people at this job, and that goes for both coworkers and management. People are willing to bend over backwards to help you with work stuff AND personal stuff. That doesn’t happen everywhere. I think it’s because there is kind of a “family” atmosphere here, especially in certain departments. People aren’t just there to clock in, work, clock out. They’re there to really make a difference. Also, HSAG does a lot to get employees involved in “giving back” outside of work too, like donating to Boys Hope and Girls Hope during the holidays, or doing Angel Tree. I heard from a colleague in Florida that they almost cried when they saw all the gifts HSAG people had brought in for Angel Tree kids – bikes, doll houses, play kitchens, etc. Those are generous gifts! I’m not surprised because that’s the kind of people who work here.

Cons

And as far as the complaints I have seen on here about management and bullying and that sort of thing, I am really shocked. First, I have never experienced that myself or witnessed it! Actually, I haven’t even ever talked to anyone who feels that way. I’ve worked in a couple of departments and have had great managers who care and who work really hard – they don’t just pass work off. My current manager and the ones before her are some of my top professional mentors!

Great work environment, even greater people.

So far so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group

Pros

The work is very interesting and it is exciting to be part of an effort to join with government and state agencies and health care providers to improve the quality of care patients receive. It's nice to know that our work is helping people get better care! The building is lovely and in a very nice location with a great view of Camelback mountain. All of the people I have met so far are very nice and welcoming. Although there is a lot of work to do and the nature of the business is serious, HSAG does like to have fun and gets employees involved with holiday events and other employee-appreciation activities.

Cons

The benefits package is pretty standard, although the paid time off/sick time could be enhanced (or split) to allow employees more flexibility with their personal time.

Management ruined my career potential

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The office space location and free coffee that people leave for you to make when its almost empty

Cons

Where do l start? First, in my fair opinion, management destroyed my prospects of a career there. In essence, l am relieved that my probation ended because l saw how fake and phony management can be especially within team junior management.

Second, l prefer to spend my valuable time and career where l am supported and provided with meaningful projects that support career growth. I agree that after a few weeks of being there on the job, l felt unwelcomed. The company culture is weird and very cold.

Third, l am relieved that l am no longer an employee there and hope that management takes trainings on how to manage and support employees to succeed and not to fail.

Management needs help supporting employees with their career goals. Embrace and support employees strengths and passion and thus you will have happy employees.

Hell on Earth

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New Office Location is near the airport
    Pretty Office Grounds
    Monday-Friday Job

Cons

This is a group of people who are miserable and unhappy. The misery starts at the top and trickles down. Very few people smile or say hello to each other. The top management sit among the employees and can be heard discussing employees and company problems.Recently the CEO was overheard summarily dismissing some managers from a meeting while in the same breath saying that those staying would need to be prepared to discuss employees and what they are charging their time to and what they can prove they did while they charged their time. This was not the first time employees sitting near by were able to hear him speak of employees like they were disposable as his whim.

There is no one to voice HR concerns to, because the HR manager is unable to keep personal conversations confidential and is too busy trying to get on the good side of management. Project directors are too busy answering to the CEO and corporate office to deal with day to day employee concerns There are employees working who have no idea what their role in the company is or what their job title is. There is little management and no leadership.

Get rid of your CEO at remote locations and run the company from the corporate office. You will be better served.

Horrible Management, employees walked all over,.

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pros of working for this company is the nice building/location it is at.

Cons

If you want to be harassed look no further, this is your place! The leadership at this company is ridiculous, as in they do not know how to lead nor show respect for their employees. They encourage promoting from within however leaders cannot be made out of everyone and simply put the managers/supervisors at this place have absolutely no clue what they or doing or how to actually be a competent manager/supervisor. Ask your manager a question and the response you may get is....wait........"Google it" really??

Harassment though reported to HR, often went untouched. Harassers instead of being punished or even slapped on the wrist simply put got PROMOTED.

Lastly, I will say it is unnerving when a person quits and goes into their exit interview with several employees asking them to "be honest" and say what is really going on in the department.

Under no circumstance would I recommend this place to another person seeking employment, unless of course you want to sell your soul.

Advice to CEO........stop turning your head on issues and actually do something about the problems. Oh wait, you are one of the problems. Good luck.