Health4Brands Reviews

CEO

1. Great people and culture, stale leadership and scattered direction

Former Employee - Creative in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Creative in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Genuinely fun people to work with, team mentality is very strong and bonds between team members are easily made, hire very good cultural fits, benefits are very good, salary is somewhat competitive, liberal work-from-home policy, hands-off approach to workers lets them get things done, well-thought-out work stream process, willing to update policies and procedures to make things work better, exposure to industry leaders from the HAVAS network, opportunity to collaborate with world-wide sister agencies within the network, great attempts to build culture and encourage a feeling of community, creative process often involves people from many teams not just a few high-ranked employees, ambitious company that wants to be a big dog in the pharma world, great workspace and facilities

Cons

Promotions and raises are few and far between, often hire from outside rather than promote from within, bring in "experienced" talent rather than hire up-and-coming or innovative/finger on the pulse employees, rigid bonus policy rewards leadership and very few others, what is told to employees and what is really going on is not always aligned, little to no investment in developing talent (you've got to do it yourself), think matching job offers is a way to give raises rather than offer proactive rewards for good work, lack of on-boarding leads to inconsistencies from brand team to brand team, same leadership team for the past several years touting the same strategy as they were when the agency was started, does not understand the importance of digital integration into healthcare marketing, very numbers-driven business model results in hard pushes to meet goals at the end of months, sell the same tactics over and over to different clients (a shop for vis aids and digital vis aids)

Ambition is good, but don't forget who you are and who got you there, or lose sight of what constitutes a realistic goal. Mix in innovative and young talent to go with your experienced leadership team. Reward employees who do a good job, even if they aren't the ones winning new business. Remember that a smaller proactive reward will beat a larger reactionary offer for most employees. Cost of living adjustments would be nice—costs go up every year, but salaries do not.

2. Asleep at the wheel

Former Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I worked at Health4Brands full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice building and view. Back Bay is a great place to shop and forget what a terrible company you're working for!

Cons

The place started out great, but got bad quickly. The company has only been open for 2 years and has acheived an 80% turnover of staff. This has nothing to due with the issues associated with a start up, but simply, inept leadership and a bullying atomosphere. I have never worked for a more unprofessionally run company in my life. It's a real shame what has happend there. It could have been a wonderful place to work.

Reqires a change of leadership ASAP.

3. Great professional, creative atmosphere stimulated with location in meat packing district of NYC

I have been working at Health4Brands

Pros

Very energetic, creative atmosphere, cool surroundings, excellent leadership

Cons

Can't think of any. Too close to good food? May put on weight?

keep doing what you're doing

5. Best of AgencyLife

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Health4Brands full-time (less than a year)

Pros

H4Brands, Back Bay, Boston is an outstanding place to work. A wonderful working environement, even tempered people, and interesting, challenging projects to work on. Also located in a fantastic part of Boston

Cons

None that I can really see!

Keep things going as they are.

6. Good place

I have been working at Health4Brands

Pros

Fun office, entrepreneurial spirit, good co-workers

Cons

Slow to promote, slow to offer raises

7. Very cool place to work

Former Employee - Traffic in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Traffic in New York, NY

I worked at Health4Brands

Pros

Very nice people
    Casual environment
    Great location

I made the rating neutral for the most part because I was only a freelancer at the company, so I dont know about their health insurance and other ins and outs of the company. I think the people are really great people to work with. Everyone is very nice and very helpful. The environment is surprisingly laid back and fun for a Pharma agency...complete with foosball table.

Cons

Need to upgrade their equipment. Computers are outdated.

Traffic team needs to work on MACs instead of PCs in my opinion.