HealthAlliance Hospital Inc

2.9
Patrick Muldoon
1 Rating

1. Provincial and Small-Minded

Pros

Relatively competent staff and employees.

Cons

Huge rift between management and labor.

2. Seemed ok at first

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

I worked at HealthAlliance Hospital Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't many pros except for having a job that pays a decent amount and having some benefits. They are great at hiding behind a friendly facade, so that's a plus.

Cons

Management is under-handed and manipulative. Many issues don't get resolved. Communication is lacking. Gossip is rampant. Benefits are dwindling.

Advice to Management

They should know that they wouldn't be surviving without their employees. They should stop promoting themselves as top-notch benefit providers and parient-centered care if they're really not. Or at least be home up front about their plans

3. pretty rough

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

I worked at HealthAlliance Hospital Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co workers are great! some units are flexible with scheduling, easy to maintain an outside life

Cons

management is difficult and continually cutting nursing staff

5. A great learning experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

I worked at HealthAlliance Hospital Inc (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great learning experience while in college -Very helpful employees who were interested in getting you involved and valued your help

Cons

-Very low hourly wage given the type of work and time commitment -Not a very youthful environment

6. Great Hospital to work for!

I have been working at HealthAlliance Hospital Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel appreciated by this hospital. I have been here longer than I originally anticipated because I enjoy working there, like my manager, like the team, etc.

Cons

Inter-departmental relationships can be improved

Advice to Management

Support the employees and provide recognition

7. Dedicated front line staff. Senior leadership is not visible or show care about their employees.

Pros

Dedicated front line staff who truly care about patient safety and satisfaction.

Cons

Nursing leadership is non existent and not visible. Many front line staff don't even know who the CNO is or what she looks like. She is not present at key events or in times of crisis and is seen as a negative, uncaring person when staff is let go due to a reduction in force. She has been known to lock herself in her office and allow others to break bad news to employees.

Advice to Management

Overhaul the nursing leadership starting at the top. HealthAlliance needs nursing leadership that is present, visible and caring to the front line staff.

8. Think twice, look hard at reviews and comments from other employees.They have Unions for good reasons.

Pros

Great group of comitted employees who really care about the quality of services they deliver to the Community. Very progressive medical practices. Dr's are very competent and current best practices are common. Overall friendly staff who treat each other with respect. Most Managers do not even treat each other with respect.

Cons

My opinion is based on my many years of experience working there.I believe my views are shared. Lack of Management Leadership- Sr. Management is inconsistent and lacks integrity in Policy Management-Trust is not there. Cutting Benefits last few years-Culture is not a healthy environment for many. Compensation is ok but not competitive in many areas. HR lacks consistency and credibility with many Managers.Very ineffective HR Leadership seems to be a common complaint. Attrition is probably highest amongst Nursing Services and Allied Health. They are lucky to have Union Representation for the Employees. Most Managers do not even treat each other with respect.

Advice to Management

Turn over many of your Senior Managers starting with long term ineffective Sr, Managers .My opinion is a widely shared opinion.The old boy network is strong and really needs some fresh, insightful and contemporary replacements for them. Put consistency in Policy Management and try to quit squeezing every last dime from employees. Morale is terrible in many departments and when the market improves you will lose some great talent in Patient Services and Allied Health.

RSS Feed </> Embed