HealthAlliance Hospital Inc

www.umassmemorial.org

HealthAlliance Hospital Inc Reviews

3.3

Patrick Muldoon

A great learning experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Leominster, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

Pros

-Great learning experience while in college
    -Very helpful employees who were interested in getting you involved and valued your help

Cons

-Very low hourly wage given the type of work and time commitment
    -Not a very youthful environment

Provincial and Small-Minded

Pros

Relatively competent staff and employees.

Cons

Huge rift between management and labor.

Great Hospital to work for!

Pros

I feel appreciated by this hospital. I have been here longer than I originally anticipated because I enjoy working there, like my manager, like the team, etc.

Cons

Inter-departmental relationships can be improved

Support the employees and provide recognition

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dedicated front line staff. Senior leadership is not visible or show care about their employees.

Pros

Dedicated front line staff who truly care about patient safety and satisfaction.

Cons

Nursing leadership is non existent and not visible. Many front line staff don't even know who the CNO is or what she looks like. She is not present at key events or in times of crisis and is seen as a negative, uncaring person when staff is let go due to a reduction in force. She has been known to lock herself in her office and allow others to break bad news to employees.

Overhaul the nursing leadership starting at the top. HealthAlliance needs nursing leadership that is present, visible and caring to the front line staff.

Think twice, look hard at reviews and comments from other employees.They have Unions for good reasons.

Pros

Great group of comitted employees who really care about the quality of services they deliver to the Community.
    Very progressive medical practices. Dr's are very competent and current best practices are common.
    Overall friendly staff who treat each other with respect. Most Managers do not even treat each other with respect.

Cons

My opinion is based on my many years of experience working there.I believe my views are shared.
    Lack of Management Leadership-
    Sr. Management is inconsistent and lacks integrity in Policy Management-Trust is not there.
    Cutting Benefits last few years-Culture is not a healthy environment for many.
    Compensation is ok but not competitive in many areas.
    HR lacks consistency and credibility with many Managers.Very ineffective HR Leadership seems to be a common complaint.
    Attrition is probably highest amongst Nursing Services and Allied Health. They are lucky to have Union Representation for the Employees.
    Most Managers do not even treat each other with respect.

Turn over many of your Senior Managers starting with long term ineffective Sr, Managers .My opinion is a widely shared opinion.The old boy network is strong and really needs some fresh, insightful and contemporary replacements for them.
    Put consistency in Policy Management and try to quit squeezing every last dime from employees.
    Morale is terrible in many departments and when the market improves you will lose some great talent in Patient Services and Allied Health.

Worked for HealthAlliance Hospital Inc? Contribute to the Community!