HealthCare Partners Medical Group

www.healthcarepartners.com

HealthCare Partners Medical Group Reviews in Torrance, CA

Robert Margolis

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Joined a dynamic, cutting edge healthcare organization that is changing the delivery of healthcare nationwide.

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Torrance, CA

I have been working at HealthCare Partners Medical Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting environment where patient satisfaction is our primary goal.

Cons

We are growing at a very fast pa which has some very unique challenges.

Continue our policy of recognizing the contributions and dedication of our incredible caregivers.

Not recommended, for numerous reasons...

I have been working at HealthCare Partners Medical Group full-time

Pros

Easy to get hired. Hires those with no experience. Go through the internal company Temp Agency and start right away even those fresh out of MA school.

Cons

Very low pay, Really bad benefit package considering they are an HMO, Horribly run company, management is very unprofessional and employees are often treated as such. Explains the very very high turnover.

Message to the new owners of HCP, (recently taken over by Davita): Come in and clean house. Do an audit of HCP sites and be ready for the shock of a lifetime. HIPPA violations abound. Be prepared to see the resentment many employees demonstrate and openly express regarding managers and supervisors.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at HealthCare Partners Medical Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people working together for the same cause!

Cons

Have to work weekends :(

Poor Managment

Former Employee - ESRD Coordinator in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - ESRD Coordinator in Torrance, CA

I worked at HealthCare Partners Medical Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, benefits, work hours, resume potential

Cons

Managment very passive-agressive and only cater to remedial employees who have been with the company 15 years or longer. A lot of jealousy amongst coworker's especially the older obese ones. Would not recommend if you are looking for something long-term this is just a stepping stone type pf place.
    Alot of cattiness and cliques oh and pretending to be your friend when they are not.

Not a true" Health Care" organization by definition, but a mega-profit corporation.

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at HealthCare Partners Medical Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Will teach you the unfortunate reality of corporate greed and tactics which now exist in the business of health care, so that you can come to examine and decide if those things are in alignment with your values as a health care provider.

Cons

Compensation is below average. No ethics committee or peer review practice. Patients are perceived as mere liabilities. Employees are not valued. Abusive, intimidating management. Absence of quality in patient care and absence of integrity in business ethics. Diminished well-being, quality and balace of employees lives is the end result.

Leadership means being in a place of serviceand inspiration to others. Being a steward of compassion and quality of care is what we got into this profession for, and is more meaningful than the HCP paycheck and bonus. Be an instrument of positive change if you can, or move on to a place which sincerely serves humanity.

A good company that is stable and continues to grow

I have been working at HealthCare Partners Medical Group

Pros

The company is striving to be the best in its field. Looiking forward tot he health issues that are coming up and being on top of the changes.

Cons

Having a manager that doesn't quite know or understand exactly what our department is doing.

Liers

I have been working at HealthCare Partners Medical Group

Pros

If you're working in the Corp office, you have more flexibility with your schedule and at my manager is sensitive to work-life balance and doesn't over work you. Benefits are ok - nothing to brag about nor would I say it's great considering they are in healthcare and you would think you would get better perks.

Cons

They are known for their acquisitions of other smaller health groups. I was part of an acquired group. The communication and transition to the new company has been poor. They are very cheap, offered no raises, no bonuses even though everyone else was. They say they welcome us and want to integrate our ways of doing things to theirs, but it's all false. My particular department was horrible between the management and suppression of the staff. No one likes working there. The individuals that really make out in this company are the Dr's, IT staff and senior management. They claim there's no money, yet the people that get raises and huge bonuses are those just mentioned. This company Does Not Care about it's employees. They don't practice what they preach and being in a role where I have to preach the message, I know I'm lying and I have to to keep my job.

There are other people that bring in revenue aside from your Doctor's. You need to pay your staff better and not lie about the financial state of the company. Your messages contradict each other and the smart people can see right through it.

HealthCare Partners Medical Group Photos