HealthEast Care System

HealthEast Care System Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Kathryn Correia

flexible

ProsGreat place to work and very flexible. The leader and people are very nice and helpful. It has great potential for a place to work.

ConsDepends on your working style, it is very stable and not having the varieties. Everyday would be the same thing but you can be really good at what you do

Advice to Senior ManagementFair and reasonable

Unfortunately unfriendly and not supportive.

CMA (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsOver all a top health company to work for.
    If working in the hospital setting it is a great place to work.

ConsOutPatient clinics are run with a lot of disorganization and not professional. Most of the out patient clinics are managed with managers that don'[t have a medical back ground, therefore are run by what looks good on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be required to either have a medical back ground or should have to follow in each area OF THE CLINIC FOLLOWING AN EMPLOYEE SO THEY HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENS. Also to keep a standard of professionalism and not share employee information with other employees.

Used to be good

Lpn (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits
    Doctors and co-workers were great!
    Good hours though you were not supposed to work any overtime even though it's unavoidable

ConsThe centralization of the company is a HUGE letdown to employees and patients. Took a "family" atmosphere and made it 100% impersonal. Valued long term employees were let go due to not fitting in with the new model. VERY disappointing

Advice to Senior ManagementVoice your opinion to change-keep good staff on hand

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not so great anymore ...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProvides great health care, as an organization. The rank and file workers care about the end product and work hard to make the experience a good one.

ConsI worked there for more than eight years and received a "One of Our Best" awards. When the decision was announced to go with the new EMR system and perhaps before, there was a change. Resources and support seemed to dry up. More was expected to be done with less. The organization appeared to become fractured. Sandbagging and Gas lighting appeared to become the normal between different areas. This may be the normal for a massive reorganization but can become intolerable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think they would accept any. I understand achieving goals and objectives. Do they understand the cost or is it just collateral damage and perhaps a bonis?

Was great once

ProsUnfortunately, I cannot think of anything positive to say about HealthEast at this point.

ConsThe company no longer cares about it's employees. The entire culture has shifted to where all the CEO and her team care about is LEAN.
    Benefits have been cut, including for healthcare.
    The company has been on a hiring freeze for many months.
    The company has been in a constant state of reorg for about two years. This has brought down morale and has caused great stress to all employees, which has further affected everyone's ability to provide good patient care.

Advice to Senior ManagementI will never understand how the current CEO was hired. When I came to work for HealthEast a few years back it was a family oriented company where management and the executive team cared about it's employees. We had a great, positive culture in our workplace. However, the current CEO is driving the company into the ground, both culture wise and financially. At this point the only way that the company will be able to turn things around will be to bring in a new CEO who understands that there is a balance between caring about our people and LEAN.

Great place to work for!

Production Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsGood benefits, willing work around your life, good locations, great people.

ConsDriving in St. Paul.

Used to be a 5 star company, now not so much

Management (Current Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsUsed to be the best place in the world to work, if you are in direct patient care maybe it still is. I would not know as I am in middle management and it is just dreadful. See below

ConsOut of 500 managers/directors company wide, I would guess probably 450 of them are very unhappy with how HealthEast is being led at this time. The implementation of LEAN has turned into a grind that no one wants to do (pushed in areas where it did not even make sense), the new computer system is going to be implemented soon and nothing gets dropped off your plate and the CEO "appears" to dislike people of any kind.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople who leave the company are now physically and emotionally healthier than ones who stay. CEO needs people skills badly and both she and the senior leadership team are enclosed in a stainless steel bubble on what is happening in the organization. My advice is for the board, WAKE UP!

Good place to work

ProsFamily valued, community feel, friendly

ConsPay scale is average, moving within the company can be difficult.

Great place to work

ProsGood people who care about you

ConsI don't see any cons at this point

Good while I was there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsDirect manager trusted the team to get the work done without standing over our shoulders. No micro-managers there that I encountered.

ConsAfter the change to a new CPOE system, the working conditions (i.e. office space) became more crowded and factory-like. Too many people crowded into one room with small work spaces for each.

Worked for HealthEast Care System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HealthEast Care System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HealthEast Care System CEO Kathryn Correia. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by HealthEast Care System employees.