HealthEquity Inc.

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
4.7

Jon Kessler

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Member Services Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Member Services Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in a typical call center a few years ago and got a bad taste from that experience. After I was hired here I was slightly skeptical about the call center aspect but the incredible reviews from employees made me realize how good it would be. The "Purple" culture, the environment, employees, benefits, etc., make this the best company I've ever worked for. I've only been there 3 weeks and I hope to be there for many years.

They go out of their way to make employees happy which leads to happy customers. This is the way that every company should be structured and operated.

They hire and promote from within like very few companies do. 90% of employees started in member services and worked their way up. Most employees have been there for more than 1 year. Many employees have been there for 3 years or more.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike about it.

Keep making the culture amazing and offering customers an amazing product. The company is moving in the right direction.

Great company that hears and responds to employees concerns.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company listens to the employees and makes changes accordingly. There are always opportunities to learn and grow within the company if you look for them.

Cons

There is a very busy season, and when that busy season is over sometimes it is hard to find enough work to do.

Positive energizing company that has breathed new life into my career

Current Employee - Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I personally think the best thing about Health Equity is their dedication to their employees. They are constantly "doing" for their employees, and they are committed to making Health Equity a great experience for all.

Cons

The one bad thing I feel Health Equity could work at is the organization of departments, people, and responsibilities. There seems to be allot of over lap when it comes to responsibilities.

I personally feel there are many perks to working here, and of course more time off would be great. However, realistically I think that more transparency across departments would go a long way to people feeling they make a difference in more than just their world. In short, sometimes it feels like managers are focused on the negative, and never take the time to congratulate their department for the great work they do.

Jul 3, 2014HR

Thank you for the comments. The team does do a great job in ensuring a great experience for all. We are looking into a better avenue and easier way for team members to 'take the time to ... More

They say the grass is greener but I like it purple

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Here's some of the best - the people, the leadership, the opportunity, the collaborative/trusting environment, the service, the products, the benefits, etc. Honestly, it's a great place to be. Yes, they like all employers have their challenges but they hire the right people to ensure a great, growing environment.

Cons

There are unique challenges with a growing company so that's no surprise. I'd say that the funding/budget does seem to be favored to some departments over others.

Make appropriate investment in the needs of all areas because there are some that seriously need it. There are some areas that may be hurting more than anticipated.

I love working for HealthEquity!

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many great things about HealthEquity. Everyone is happy to come to work every day. There is room to grow and you are always encouraged to find the position that is the best for you.

Cons

With the rapid growth of our company, there are times when we are asked to work harder than what is expected. (but they make sure to compensate us and allow everyone to enjoy their extra hours!)

Jul 3, 2014HR

Thanks for your comments. We do work hard to find the best position and look to challenge individuals with new opportunities to grow. We appreciate all the work that goes into the busy season and ... More

HealthEquity sets me up for success and growth!

Current Employee - Assistant Team Leader for Member Education in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Team Leader for Member Education in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HealthEquity isn't just a job but a place where you can find a growing career. It is perfect if you are just starting out or if you want to advance from where you already are. HealthEquity has a family type atmosphere where you feel like you are important no matter what you do.

Cons

HealthEquity is growing quickly and with that the 24/7 call center sees increased calls and sometimes it is hard to keep up with the growth. There are sometimes the call volume can be stressful but at least OT is offered.

Keep showing the respect and appreciation for your team like you do so well and they will keep wanting to come to work!

Jul 3, 2014HR

Thanks for your response. We appreciate hearing about 'growing a career'. We look for dedicated, driven individuals (such as yourself) to join the team to be challenged and grow into new roles. We're ... More

Great Company with awesome perks and benefits

Current Employee - Engineering in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is very caring for its employees and recognizes the that you have a personal life outside of work. Time is given to take care of little emergencies. We also have some really cool parties and 25 cent vending machines.

Cons

There isn't a lot of opportunity for an increase in Salary within current role. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement to other teams and departments, but not within existing roles.

Find a way to provide reward people with a significant salary boost within their current role/department rather than having them have to move to a different team for the promotion.

I'm proud to work for HealthEquity.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HealthEquity has a strong sense of purpose and works to change the face of health care. It knows the needs of it's members and efforts to build health savings.

Cons

HealthEquity is making the transition to an enterprise very quickly. It falls short on some market comparisons in the areas of salary, PTO days, and cost of living raises.

To stay competitive and keep good talented employees, HealthEquity has to adjust compensation policies to keep up. We should also add some type of career development track where team members can see the potential progress that can be achieved to help keep people motivated.

HealthEquity is Utah's best place to work!

Current Employee - Product in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Product in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

HealthEquity has a wonderful culture where everyone works together to create the very best service possible for our members and clients. HealthEquity also provides lots of fun activities for employees and families.

Cons

HealthEquity is growing very quickly and that presents some challenges (but also a lot of opportunities).

Continue to communicate the vision so that employees can have clear direction on how to help the company win.

Great environment and atmosphere!!

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Each team, while successfully working on their own specialty, also has great investment and incorporates time and training to ensure the full-picture functionality of HealthEquity. There's great opportunity for growth within each different department and personal growth and development is not only embraced, it's encouraged!!

Cons

It's located at the far South end of the Salt Lake valley, so the commute can be stressful at high traffic times.