HealthEquity Inc. Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
65 reviews filtered by
4.5
Jon Kessler

Pros
  • There are lots of fun activities always going on (in 3 reviews)

• HealthEquity takes pride in its team members to ensure they are taken care of (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing sometimes leads to growing pains in organizational structure (in 5 reviews)

• People do wear too many hats, but this is the nature of a growing company (in 5 reviews)

Awesome!

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, the benefits are wonderful. I look forward to going to work. I love the weekends, but I don't mind Mondays so much anymore.

Cons

The location. Its freakin windy up here, man!

This is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best company I've ever worked for. Though I can't speak for the other departments, the department I work in is close and we get along pretty well. My manager works VERY hard, which motivates me to work hard as well. There is definitely a team atmosphere at HealthEquity. The company as a whole has a lot of activities outside of work that we can participate in, which helps develop that "purple culture" we talk so much about.

Cons

The company is growing so much. I don't usually interact with any other department, so there are a lot of unfamiliar faces.

Amazing Company!

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionst in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionst in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc.

Pros

I have been working at HealthEquity for only 4 short months, but can honestly say it is the best company I have ever worked for. HealthEquity truly cares about their employees- and they show it every single day! From monthly free lunches, weekly food trucks, and festive company parties to almost always promoting internally- HealthEquity takes good care of their employees and they want them to succeed! With my job role, I have the privilege of interacting with many different departments within the company. I am so impressed with the CEO and all of the managers/directors/supervisors at HealthEquity- this company really is in the hands of some extraordinary people! I become more and more impressed with HealthEquity everyday, and am so excited to see what the future holds for me here.

Cons

Location. HealthEquity is a bit out of the way for most, but the commute is worth it!

I can't think of a better place to have a career!

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HealthEquity is a fantastic company, with a great mission, that really values it's team members. The team at HealthEquity is amazing, from the executive level to entry level - they hire the best people around and that makes for an awesome environment and company culture. The People Team (HR) really listens to what the team wants/needs and are always looking for ways to make HealthEquity an even more awesome place to work.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the rapid growth - it keeps us busy, but then again that is what I love. If you like to work hard and have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the future success of a growing company - this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

One of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth, benefits, culture, management, bonuses

Cons

working holidays, hard time getting coverage for PTO.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Awesome company!!!

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc.

Pros

I don't feel micromanaged here they allow you to, help members and not just think about stats like other cc

Cons

can get busy sometimes and long calls

Advice to Management

keep it up!!!!

8. Fantastic Experience!!

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc.

Pros

The purple culture created and cultivated by HealthEquity is absolutely amazing. HealthEquity is all about its people. They treat you well. provide fun activities, give great surprise gifts. Those things are appreciated but what I really love about this place is they give you opportunities to grow and help you get to where you want to be. I love it.

Cons

The company is growing. Lot's of change at a fast pace. Growing pains can be painful. It is hard to get to know people in different departments. Parking some days is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

I love this place. You have us going in the right direction.

9. Be judicious of positive reviews

I worked at HealthEquity Inc.

Pros

To be honest with you, there are a lot of positive aspects about the company "HealthyEquity". The founder is an all around good dude and treats employees like real people. HealthEquity keeps employees happy with free food, fun activities and a clean, nice place to work in. From the outside looking in, its a great place to work.

Cons

Consider the fact that most of the reviews written on HealthEquity are written by "Member Services Agents" which are call center agents who spend all their time on the phone. These individuals don't interact with different departments on a regular basis or even with their cube neighbors on a regular basis, therefore their reviews are biased. When you get into the nitty gritty of HealthEquity there is a lot under appreciation and expectations that aren't attainable because of a lack of interest from mid level managers. I never felt like I was set up to succeed and learn because when I may not have fully understood an assignment, instead of letting me work and learn through trial and error my superiors would take the assignment away from me and do it themselves. Other complaints I have heard are from Partner Relationship Managers feeling over worked and under appreciated. And speaking of unappreciated, you would think that the HR people aka "The People Team" at HealthEquity would be more "people" friendly and know you by name, not the case. I don't think the "People Team" ever knew who I was, I remember countless rides in the elevator where the VP said nothing to me or passing the Generalist in the hall and he arrogantly ignored me. So much for being the "People Team", might as well just be normal and call themselves "HR" like every other business.

Advice to Management

Improve your People Team, make EVERYBODY feel welcome and part of the team, unfortunately I never felt that.

Great culture but certain departments are not great to work for

Former Employee - Account Manager in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Draper, UT

I worked at HealthEquity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

culture and great people. We get fed lunch

Cons

the partner services team is extremely stressful and you're expected to work around the clock including when your on pto. Also lack of leadership support

Advice to Management

Set equal expectations across all account managers and fully understand everything an account manager really does. Stoping adding misc. tasks to role. We already do too much.

HealthEquity Inc. Response

Mar 17, 2015HR Generalist

Thank you for your comments on Glassdoor regarding HealthEquity. We appreciate hearing team members comments such as these as this allows us to work together to propose and implement solutions. We ... More

HealthEquity continues to have a great atmosphere as evidenced by retention rate and community support.

I have been working at HealthEquity Inc.

Pros

Managers show an interest in employee development. The company promotes from within more often than not. Benefits are a plus. High-deductible health plan provided by company, but they give a generous contribution to HSA. The office culture is positive as demonstrated by its unique purple culture. Much of this comes from genuine caring about members and clients in ensuring they save their healthcare dollars. Compensation for entry jobs here seems to outpace similar jobs. The last pro is its rocketing growth in the last few years, and the future looks bright too.

Cons

The only con about HealthEquity that I can think of is that hiring managers exhibit a high amount of office favoritism when choosing who will receive a promotion. This is a practice not specific to HealthEquity, but these decisions should focus more on contributions to HealthEquity rather than whom the manager already knows.

HealthEquity Inc. Response

Mar 17, 2015HR Generalist

Thank you for your comments on Glassdoor regarding HealthEquity. We appreciate hearing from team members and this is a great detailed list of your experiences with HealthEquity thus far. Thank you ... More