HealthEquity Inc.

www.healthequity.com

HealthEquity Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Jon Kessler

Great company that hears and responds to employees concerns.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsThe company listens to the employees and makes changes accordingly. There are always opportunities to learn and grow within the company if you look for them.

ConsThere is a very busy season, and when that busy season is over sometimes it is hard to find enough work to do.

Positive energizing company that has breathed new life into my career

Manager (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsI personally think the best thing about Health Equity is their dedication to their employees. They are constantly "doing" for their employees, and they are committed to making Health Equity a great experience for all.

ConsThe one bad thing I feel Health Equity could work at is the organization of departments, people, and responsibilities. There seems to be allot of over lap when it comes to responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally feel there are many perks to working here, and of course more time off would be great. However, realistically I think that more transparency across departments would go a long way to people feeling they make a difference in more than just their world. In short, sometimes it feels like managers are focused on the negative, and never take the time to congratulate their department for the great work they do.

Jul 3, 2014

Thank you for the comments. The team does do a great job in ensuring a great experience for all. We are looking into a better avenue and easier way for team members to 'take the time to ... More

They say the grass is greener but I like it purple

ProsHere's some of the best - the people, the leadership, the opportunity, the collaborative/trusting environment, the service, the products, the benefits, etc. Honestly, it's a great place to be. Yes, they like all employers have their challenges but they hire the right people to ensure a great, growing environment.

ConsThere are unique challenges with a growing company so that's no surprise. I'd say that the funding/budget does seem to be favored to some departments over others.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake appropriate investment in the needs of all areas because there are some that seriously need it. There are some areas that may be hurting more than anticipated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love working for HealthEquity!

Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsThere are so many great things about HealthEquity. Everyone is happy to come to work every day. There is room to grow and you are always encouraged to find the position that is the best for you.

ConsWith the rapid growth of our company, there are times when we are asked to work harder than what is expected. (but they make sure to compensate us and allow everyone to enjoy their extra hours!)

Jul 3, 2014

Thanks for your comments. We do work hard to find the best position and look to challenge individuals with new opportunities to grow. We appreciate all the work that goes into the busy season and ... More

HealthEquity sets me up for success and growth!

Assistant Team Leader for Member Education (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsHealthEquity isn't just a job but a place where you can find a growing career. It is perfect if you are just starting out or if you want to advance from where you already are. HealthEquity has a family type atmosphere where you feel like you are important no matter what you do.

ConsHealthEquity is growing quickly and with that the 24/7 call center sees increased calls and sometimes it is hard to keep up with the growth. There are sometimes the call volume can be stressful but at least OT is offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep showing the respect and appreciation for your team like you do so well and they will keep wanting to come to work!

Jul 3, 2014

Thanks for your response. We appreciate hearing about 'growing a career'. We look for dedicated, driven individuals (such as yourself) to join the team to be challenged and grow into new roles. We're ... More

Great Company with awesome perks and benefits

Engineering (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsThe company is very caring for its employees and recognizes the that you have a personal life outside of work. Time is given to take care of little emergencies. We also have some really cool parties and 25 cent vending machines.

ConsThere isn't a lot of opportunity for an increase in Salary within current role. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement to other teams and departments, but not within existing roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to provide reward people with a significant salary boost within their current role/department rather than having them have to move to a different team for the promotion.

I'm proud to work for HealthEquity.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsHealthEquity has a strong sense of purpose and works to change the face of health care. It knows the needs of it's members and efforts to build health savings.

ConsHealthEquity is making the transition to an enterprise very quickly. It falls short on some market comparisons in the areas of salary, PTO days, and cost of living raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo stay competitive and keep good talented employees, HealthEquity has to adjust compensation policies to keep up. We should also add some type of career development track where team members can see the potential progress that can be achieved to help keep people motivated.

HealthEquity is Utah's best place to work!

Product (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsHealthEquity has a wonderful culture where everyone works together to create the very best service possible for our members and clients. HealthEquity also provides lots of fun activities for employees and families.

ConsHealthEquity is growing very quickly and that presents some challenges (but also a lot of opportunities).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate the vision so that employees can have clear direction on how to help the company win.

Great environment and atmosphere!!

ProsEach team, while successfully working on their own specialty, also has great investment and incorporates time and training to ensure the full-picture functionality of HealthEquity. There's great opportunity for growth within each different department and personal growth and development is not only embraced, it's encouraged!!

ConsIt's located at the far South end of the Salt Lake valley, so the commute can be stressful at high traffic times.

Great opportunity to work with fantastic people who really care (a lot!) about the customer.

Engineering (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsHealthEquity is growing and successful and it is easy to see why. They take care of the customer. Their attention to providing 5 star service to our members, employers and partners is the best I have ever seen. Rather than sit back and enjoy the success, senior management is driven to continually improve our processes and teams in an effort to drive down cost of operations while improving services. The technology is good and always improving. They focus on recruiting the right people which makes all the difference.

ConsThe demands of the business often require overtime work. I am not directed to work overtime but it is clear that the work needs to be done. Raises are meager but that is made up by the potential for bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is great that you are dedicating time and $ to the refactoring project, regression automation, DevOps and to implement scrum for project management. These investments will be very rewarding as quality will improve, complexity will decrease, performance will improve, all while the company continues to grow.

Worked for HealthEquity Inc.? Contribute to the Community!