HealthFusion Reviews

Seth Flam

1. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've currently worked for HealthFusion for over 3 years and have had the opportunity to engage with mostly everyone within the company. In my first 3 years, I worked in Customer Support as a Lead. HealthFusion has always given me the chance to grow and create my own path within the company. During my time in Customer Support, I was given the opportunity to work my way up from a Lead to a Customer Service Supervisor. I take pride in being able to be apart of the great customer service culture and work with a diverse group of employee's. Even though it's a large, growing company I value the ability to be able to work directly with upper management. Management has always allowed and encouraged employee's to voice their ideas and opinions; this is important to me because it makes me feel like I have an impact and can contribute towards the company's growth. Recently, I was given the liberty to create the company's first Client Retention Department. HealthFusion has shown me that if you are dedicated and work hard then they will invest in you and allow you to achieve your goals.

Cons

Not all employee's put in equal effort and dedication.

Advice to Management

Just continue to reward and incentivize employee's to do their best.

2. Best place to work

Former Employee - National Sales Executive in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - National Sales Executive in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company with a great company culture. Anyone should be honored to be employed here

Cons

Very "American" in how much you work. Not many days off. Not European at all. You accumulate time off.

Advice to Management

Jon Fl. please see email sent August, 2013

3. Great Company, Great Opportunity

I have been working at HealthFusion (More than 5 years)

Pros

The product is excellent and will only continue the growth of its presence in the industry. The teams are open to ideas and changes to accommodate an expanding company. Management is fair and the visions are shared across the board.

Cons

Other than expensive health benefits, no complaints what-so-ever

Advice to Management

Keep the vision and cater changes of the product to accommodate industry and customer demands

Great company for people who actually love to code.

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthfusion was my first employer. Here are the things I liked about working there:
    - You get responsibilities as soon as you join which is a big plus for your career development. And it doesn't get too overwhelming as there are good mentors to guide you.
    - You set your own deadlines, so the pressure is not much in terms of meeting the deadlines etc.
    - Since they are a small company they try new technologies and work flow quite often, which really helps in getting first hand experience in knowing about pros and cons of those technologies which in my experience has proved to be much better than just reading about them.
    - You see your changes live almost as soon as you are done with them which gives you immense satisfaction of ownership.

Cons

You get only 15 days of vacation in a year.

Stressful, low pay & poor communication

Former Employee - Customer Service in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, this company has a great team of people keeping it up and running.
    The money they pay the support staff is ridiculous for the difficulty/stress of the job. It's not a job where people call to ask how much their balance is, the calls are in depth and can be challenging finding bugs, testing, training on the software etc. The software looks nice, but there are a ton of issues with it which is frustrating.
    The health insurance and 401K matching were great.

Cons

Upper management constantly monitors the employees. Nobody can have their cell phones out at their desks. You have to either use your phone in the break room or outside - only do this during your scheduled break or you will get reprimanded. If you use the bathroom too much or outside of your scheduled break, they will let you know!
    Very stressful environment. Very busy call center but the customer service staff receives difficult calls, many which need time to research/test or after call follow up....they do not allow for this which ends up affecting the clients.
    Poor communication from the engineering team on what is implemented into the software which does not set the support team up for success.

Advice to Management

Pay the staff more, give the support agents time to work through issues. Make them feel valued!

7. Great Earning Potential

Current Employee - Senior Business Development in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Commission plans! If you work hard in the sales department you will earn! I have earned more money every year with the company. The laid back work atmosphere is a plus. Management cares about their employees

Cons

Fast growing company so a lot of procedures and processes change over time. Just need to stay on top of everything.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job at HealthFusion.

HealthFusion values good UX/UI Web Developers

Current Employee - Senior User Experience/UI Web Developer in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience/UI Web Developer in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My move to HealthFusion has been the best choice I have made, both for my career and my growth as a front-end devloper. I am a passionate UX/UI Web Developer who always wants to build the best, most usable, and highest performing applications. Everyone here, from the CEO to the Junior developers, shares that passion. I certainly made the right decision.

We have a culture that values hard work and doing things "the right way". The development environment is collaborative, where everyone has a voice and decisions are made by the team. This type of setting fosters creativity and innovation, resulting in the opportunity to help build next-generation EHR, Practice Management, and Patient Portal applications.

Working two blocks from the beach isn't awful, either.

Cons

Our company is growing quickly, and our project backlog is growing with it. It has been hard to employ enough application developers to meet the level of growth.

9. Business Development

Former Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at HealthFusion

Pros

Great company to work for. Fat growing and good sized, but always remained true to their principles. Competitive compensation packages but especially good at recognizing strong performance and rewarding their sales reps accordingly. Overall very positive vibes and fun working environment, not to mention in a cool neighborhood with lots of options for dining and happy hours after work.

Cons

Normal little struggles with fast growth, but never felt overwhelmed. Over the years they significantly improved their hiring structure and filled in the missing pieces before things go too difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on. Thanks for all the good times and the life lessons.

10. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Fast paced and always busy with great work hours. The industry and company is growing, so it's a place where you will learn a lot about Healthcare. Company culture is fun and the coworkers are all friendly. The product is one of the best in the industry. Good benefits as well

Cons

No major cons. Company is growing so sometimes have to switch desks

11. Great company and work ethics - work/life balance

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

First and foremost about management:
    Founders and CEO: Cannot get any better without current CEO and founders of the company and perfect formula for success in Healthcare industry.
    It will be feel good and you will be motivated as CEO speaks to you of his ideas and also care about employees a lot when they are in the office, travelling for business needs, whatever needed in the best interest of company will be made available for the employee. You will see each one of the founders and CEO working 24/7 and not hitting the golf clubs as an industry norm for executive management even though we have finest world-class golf clubs in 10 minutes reach. I would describe them as a dedicated, motivated, transform the industry for better future.

About Company:
    As everybody should know it is a mutual beneficial when you work for a company. Being with HealthFusion from initial stages upto now I have been seeing tremendous changes as the company grows with lot of growth spurts and organic growth with steady earnings and revenue.
    During our greatest recession HealthFusion was still hiring people, which would give anybody a sense of security when you come to work where the whole-world is falling apart.
    I would say that company's roadmap is clear and founders had it in the initial draft and keep thinking about improving Healthcare IT.

Work:
    First few years - Clearinghouse/Practice management
    Middle age - EHR integrated with nation's largest eRx and lab companies
    Future - We have more tasks to accomplish than we can count and describe with tons of improvements and new projects.

Employee:
    As employee and any founder one should look forward for company's future and survival in a competitive world than looking at his own interests as what company can do for him. As a good karma if you do good to company by working hard and devote yourself, you will be rewarded back with the benefits.

Company's outside aesthetics, having tremendous red-tapes, office-politics, mis-management of resources are not in the books of HealthFusion.

There might be pros and cons in each individual's perspective about the company, but what should matter to the employees is growth of the company and in-turn will reflect for you. I can keep writing blogs how the company evolved from almost nothing in-house to everything that industry needs.

What we do is what matters, to the industry and individuals who work for the same cause, "BETTER FUTURE and CARE for PATIENTS".

Cons

You can get spoilt by the location, too many restaurants to chose from. Expensive real-estate because of train and beach access.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work, as things evolve you guys will make changes

RSS Feed </> Embed