HealthMarkets Reviews

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Assistant/Recruiter  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant/Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working with this company for close to 4 years now and I absolutely love my job. I enjoy assisting and supporting all of our local agents, they are like a family to me. I have a great boss and the pay is outstanding. They provide me with great benefits and vacation time. All the perks.
    Working here I have learned so much about Insurance and how to better protect my family and make the right choices. This position has been a blessing for me.

Cons

There aren't really any cons I can think of. As I said this position has offered me everything I need.

HealthMarkets has changed my life!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coming from an Engineering career and working in the corporate world for over 10 years, it was an incredible change to finally be able to be paid for my efforts. At HealthMarkets it is simple... The harder you work, the more money that I made for my family. As a new sales representative you will find the support that you will receive to get you business going is fantastic. They had several already successful agents that I just carbon copied what they were doing and added my hard work and commitment to get me to the financial position that my family needed. If your looking for a career then I would recommend HealthMarkets, if your just looking for your next job then I would probably keep looking before your join this company.

Cons

With the ever changing laws in the health insurance industry there seems to be a lot of training that I am going through. But like I say to my son, "If your not learning, then your not growing".

My advice to Management would be to stay ahead of the changes for us so that we can continue to be ready for the next challenge that we seem to have in this changing industry.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you want to start a career in sales this is the company to be at. They have a template of structure for every person wheter you have never been in direct sales or experienced their system works. Best lead program in the industry and cutting edge technology which will make your job easier and be able to close more clients. You can make what your WORTH! I made 1 million dollars in commissions in my first 4 years.

Cons

What I noticed being in sales its tough for someone who has call reluctancy. I find that most people struggle when they have to structure their own schedule. When you new you have to treat it like a job and put a activity schedule together. Follow-thru is KEY!

Keep a feel for the sales force. Make sure to always seek out advice from the people that sell every day!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with training and support

Current Employee - Senior Agent  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Agent in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Training, leadership, there is no limits on how successful you can be. You decide. Helping customers is number one focus.

Cons

I can't think of any

Best move I ever made

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at HealthMarkets as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Unlimited income potential (I was in six figures by year two), great flexibility allows more time with family and hobbies, renewal income stream. Management open to change and advice. Great growth potential with a management path for agents. Good stock matching program.

Cons

Management sometimes slow to implement changes. Some agents probably get to stick around longer than they should. No benefits for agents as it is on a 1099 basis.

Keep listening to agents and implement that advice more where possible. Great company to work for though.

Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Sales Leader  in  Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Springfield, IL

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at here has be great! You have more support than you can handle. You wouldn't know we were self employed by looking at us. Everyone here is like my second family. The stock plan is definitely an added bonus!

Cons

More assistance at the home office.

A field agent at Health MArkets

Current Employee - Field Agent  in  Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Field Agent in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I came to Heath Markets after a year with a leading life insurance company. I am entering my third year with Health Markets.
    I have found the company to have a very proactive view of the ever changing insurance market. They excel at keeping us, as field agents, informed and trained to understand the changes and how the changes will affect our clients
    Health Markets provides all our marketing material, including a CRM program and email support system. We were required to pay for all the materials, including photo copies they required, at the other company.
    I have found the management to always be available when I have a question or problem. I have had a Sales Manager, who I do not report to, go on a sales call with me.
    The selections of products that I can present are varied and seem limitless. I can put an insurance plan together for almost any need.
    If you are considering a career in the Insurance field, save yourself time and contact Health Markets.

Cons

The Insurance Industry is not an easy sell. Most complaints I hear from other agents are because they have no real field experience and don’t know how to build a book of business. It takes time to build a client base and many individuals think they can make thousands of dollars very quickly. Yes, some do, but most have to make a commitment to hard work and putting in the time to succeed.

Stay focused on industry trends and continue to develop relationships that help us excel.

Greatest company ever top to bottom.

Current Employee - Broker  in  Ankeny, IA
    Current Employee - Broker in Ankeny, IA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love my job!! Trips!!! Stock!! A huge portfolio of products to offer my clients. Renewal income. Training. Constant contests. I am paid exactly what I'm worth. Great leadership. Cutting-edge technology. I am not stuck in a cubicle. Trips!!! The Agent is King.

Cons

I have to go to work every day except for the days I give myself for vacation.

Keep it up you are making me rich.

Thank you!!!!!!

Love my Job!

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time

Pros

I have been here for many years and have no desire to leave. Day in and day out my job is never boring. Home Office is very supportive and supplies me with information needed and assistance anytime I ask. Technology is the best!

Cons

I really have no cons. I have complete support of those I work with and pay is inline with what I do.

Keep listening to those in the field and heed their impute.

Healthmarkets gave me a second career.

Current Employee - Independent Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people make this company special, but the move to high level computer sales tools has made this company exceptional. I never lose because of product and the chance to work with supplemental and life products allow me to stay busy while not in open enrollment.

Cons

I enjoyed seeing more people at recognition events. I understand the cutbacks but the events were always a huge motivation for me and I wish more agents could experience what I did.

Continue to listen to your people. The agents, sales support staff both in the field and at home office continue to be the life blood of this company. Build on your successes but don't forget the past. It will only make this company stronger.

Worked for HealthMarkets? Contribute to the Community!