HealthMarkets

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kenneth J. (Ken) Fasola

Fantastic Place to Work!!

Dialer Administrator (Former Employee) North Richland Hills, TX

ProsThe opportunity to work at HealthMarkets, and work with such a talented group of people was a great experience. My experience helped me grow both professionally and personally, and I attribute a large part of my success to everyone I worked with!

The culture of this company along with the support, guidance, and encouragement I have experienced while working here, is one of the best, if not THE best, I have ever been a part of. Deciding to leave was not an easy choice for me to make, but I left with some wonderful memories, and I am blessed to have had the opportunity to work here. It is not often that you can say you work for a company who truly cares for their employees; HealthMarkets does!

ConsI cannot think of any cons. As I stated in my pros, this was a wonderful place to work, and it was a very difficult for me to make the decision to leave, but I was presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity, that I just couldn't pass up. I hope that my career choices and opportunities enables me to make it back to HealthMarkets.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not change our management style, as you continue to grow. Each one of you are a valuable asset not only to the company, but to each of the employees as well. My experience with you was quite possibly the best I have ever been a part of. What I learned from each of you will forever be instilled in me and my management style, as I continue to progress in my career. I hope that we are able to cross paths again.

Great company and culture

Analyst (Former Employee) North Richland Hills, TX

ProsNice company to work for with close commute to Dallas/Fort Worth. Great work culture that wouldn't differentiate between contractors and employees.

ConsNone. One thing I can say is they are still on mainframe technology

They Care More About Stock Price Than Clients

Pros*Solid contracts with major insurance carriers
    *Overall flexibility
    *The potential "is there" with the right sales leader

Cons*Territorial VP who treats field agents like employees
    *Lack of support from Sales Leaders
    *Disingenuous ways that company puts you into debt.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it about less about the stock price and more about the client. My Agency cares more about my numbers, they say they'll help me, but they only speak to me if I've "produced."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

turned the company around, and then relaunched Inspere to compete in the new health care world.

Manager (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

Prossmall, nimble, longstanding culture, people who want to do the right thing under the right leadership, looking out for the small consumer in the US

Consold vs. new mentality, field vs home office conflicts, many projects get started but very few get completed. flavor of the day mentality.

Advice to Senior Managementplan the work, but then work the plan. Listen better to the consumer dont be persuaded by the field.

good at first glance, after sometime not so great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosself employment was nice for a time

Consin the beginning it looked and sounded great - got my insurance license - then the lack of support clearly became evident

Interesting Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned a great deal about the individual health insurance market. There were many dedicated and smart people from which to learn from during my tenure.

ConsIt was a very chaotic place during my tenure and required many long days and weekends. Layoffs and re-organizations were abundant.

Uncertain Times

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) North Richland Hills, TX

ProsThe job is in a great location and the immediate managment staff is supportive.

ConsNot knowing if your future with the Company is certain.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know what needs to happen. It making it happen that is the issue. They are trying really hard but it is uncertain if the Company will make it through these trying economic times. Keep trying!

Good working environment, good manager, company direction changing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Richland Hills, TX

ProsThe company is making changes to its business model to permit it to be a viable business entity in the insurance market place.

ConsBecause of the change in business model, HealthMarkets is in flux and goals may change as these changes are implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to continue to make whatever changes are necessary to make HealthMarkets a viable business in the insurance market place.

It's all about who you ride your bike with

Developer (Current Employee) North Richland Hills, TX

ProsAbove average salary
    short commute

ConsManagement is very short sided
    Little communication

HealthCare Company in Despair!

IT Server Administration (Former Employee) North Richland Hills, TX

ProsThe facility is nice and the infrastructure is relatively current. Located in the suburb of Ft Worth Texas and decent restaurants around for the lunchtime break

ConsThis company is in a downward spiral. Too many levels of mid management and not enough workers. The tendency to rely on contract help and inability to convert from contractor to employee are big warning signs. Granted their business model is in MAJOR flux and their product/service has a multi-level marketing aspect.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many layers and lack of focus. Mid-Level managers are worried about protecting their areas rather than inter-department sharing and teamwork.

Worked for HealthMarkets? Contribute to the Community!