HealthMarkets

Kenneth J. (Ken) Fasola

Great Place to hang your License

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at HealthMarkets as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome place so many different plans to offer your Clients!!! It's a sure bet to making money because any one you talk to you have something to offer.

Cons

Not much to complain about. As a Tier 1 agent commissions are low please consider increasing.

Pay a higher commission rates for all levels

Made my life as a single mom a whole lot easier

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I joined this company my son was only 1yr old, so as a single mom I was looking for some flexibility in my schedule & opportunity to make $$. I found both here. The first year was a little tough but I stuck it out & am so glad I did. There are so many products that you can offer your clients that if you work hard, you will absolutely see the rewards & benefits of your labor. It's not an easy job, but there is a lot of help & support. I truly enjoy meeting with & helping my clients & the people I work with are great.
    I really like that funds are provided for marketing & the company does a lot of marketing for agents as well.

Cons

For someone who is used to corporate America & getting paid to just show up this definitely is not the place for. You have to be self driven & wiling to go out there & work.There is a lot of material & information that needs to be learned in order to be an effective agent & with all the changes in the law, this is constant.

Oct 7, 2014HealthMarkets

This is great feedback for future agents. Thank you for posting this.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Assistant/Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant/Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with this company for close to 4 years now and I absolutely love my job. I enjoy assisting and supporting all of our local agents, they are like a family to me. I have a great boss and the pay is outstanding. They provide me with great benefits and vacation time. All the perks.
    Working here I have learned so much about Insurance and how to better protect my family and make the right choices. This position has been a blessing for me.

Cons

There aren't really any cons I can think of. As I said this position has offered me everything I need.

HealthMarkets has changed my life!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Coming from an Engineering career and working in the corporate world for over 10 years, it was an incredible change to finally be able to be paid for my efforts. At HealthMarkets it is simple... The harder you work, the more money that I made for my family. As a new sales representative you will find the support that you will receive to get you business going is fantastic. They had several already successful agents that I just carbon copied what they were doing and added my hard work and commitment to get me to the financial position that my family needed. If your looking for a career then I would recommend HealthMarkets, if your just looking for your next job then I would probably keep looking before your join this company.

Cons

With the ever changing laws in the health insurance industry there seems to be a lot of training that I am going through. But like I say to my son, "If your not learning, then your not growing".

My advice to Management would be to stay ahead of the changes for us so that we can continue to be ready for the next challenge that we seem to have in this changing industry.

Oct 7, 2014HealthMarkets

Thank you for your review. This is an exciting time to be in the insurance industry – with so much changing, consumers need the assistance they receive from a licensed insurance agent now more than ... More

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to start a career in sales this is the company to be at. They have a template of structure for every person wheter you have never been in direct sales or experienced their system works. Best lead program in the industry and cutting edge technology which will make your job easier and be able to close more clients. You can make what your WORTH! I made 1 million dollars in commissions in my first 4 years.

Cons

What I noticed being in sales its tough for someone who has call reluctancy. I find that most people struggle when they have to structure their own schedule. When you new you have to treat it like a job and put a activity schedule together. Follow-thru is KEY!

Keep a feel for the sales force. Make sure to always seek out advice from the people that sell every day!

Oct 7, 2014HealthMarkets

Thank you for posting your review. This is great advice for anyone considering becoming an agent with HealthMarkets Insurance Agency.

Great company with training and support

Current Employee - Senior Agent in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Agent in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training, leadership, there is no limits on how successful you can be. You decide. Helping customers is number one focus.

Cons

I can't think of any

Oct 7, 2014HealthMarkets

Thanks for the kind words!

Best move I ever made

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at HealthMarkets as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Unlimited income potential (I was in six figures by year two), great flexibility allows more time with family and hobbies, renewal income stream. Management open to change and advice. Great growth potential with a management path for agents. Good stock matching program.

Cons

Management sometimes slow to implement changes. Some agents probably get to stick around longer than they should. No benefits for agents as it is on a 1099 basis.

Keep listening to agents and implement that advice more where possible. Great company to work for though.

Oct 7, 2014HealthMarkets

Thank you for the feedback and the review.

Understand what you are getting into before coming on board

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good reporting and resource center. Many products to offer

Cons

Poor management style in NC, low pay out on health products, high cost to purchase your leads, zero payout when selling BCBS if you are less than a tier II or III representative.

Develop a program for the start up phase to help new reps ramp up successfully so they do not starve while trying to get into the business. Lower the cost of leads and pre set appointments, and refund for appointments that cancel.

Oct 7, 2014HealthMarkets

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways we can improve. From continuing to expand our product portfolio, to enhancements for our “HealthMarkets Compass ... More

Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Springfield, IL

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at here has be great! You have more support than you can handle. You wouldn't know we were self employed by looking at us. Everyone here is like my second family. The stock plan is definitely an added bonus!

Cons

More assistance at the home office.

A field agent at Health MArkets

Current Employee - Field Agent in Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Field Agent in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I came to Heath Markets after a year with a leading life insurance company. I am entering my third year with Health Markets.
    I have found the company to have a very proactive view of the ever changing insurance market. They excel at keeping us, as field agents, informed and trained to understand the changes and how the changes will affect our clients
    Health Markets provides all our marketing material, including a CRM program and email support system. We were required to pay for all the materials, including photo copies they required, at the other company.
    I have found the management to always be available when I have a question or problem. I have had a Sales Manager, who I do not report to, go on a sales call with me.
    The selections of products that I can present are varied and seem limitless. I can put an insurance plan together for almost any need.
    If you are considering a career in the Insurance field, save yourself time and contact Health Markets.

Cons

The Insurance Industry is not an easy sell. Most complaints I hear from other agents are because they have no real field experience and don’t know how to build a book of business. It takes time to build a client base and many individuals think they can make thousands of dollars very quickly. Yes, some do, but most have to make a commitment to hard work and putting in the time to succeed.

Stay focused on industry trends and continue to develop relationships that help us excel.