HealthPartners

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mary Brainerd

Great company to work for

Systems Specialist (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsGood health and retirement benefits. Supports a work life balance and most departments are willing to work with employees to maintain a work life balance. Great to working/nursing mothers with nursing mothers rooms and such. Compensation fair and competitive. I only left because I found a job that I enjoy practically in my backyard!

ConsLocation, mostly, for me! By the Mall of America and the airport, so sometimes it can be challenging to get to. However, if you learn some of the backroads, you can avoid some local congestion. Also, some managers are fine with adjusting schedules to get around key traffic hours.

Increased my knowledge.

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsBenefits
    Salary
    Coworkers are friendly
    Good amount of PTO
    Understanding of your needs.

ConsIt's very cliquey.
    Change seems to be a long process with resistance from others.
    A lot of manual processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the changes needed for the office staff as you do for the patients.

Application Operation Management

Web Support Specialist (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsNice working environment, Flexible timings

ConsNot challenging
    No Gym
    No Indoor Games

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve the work environment, add the facilities like Gym and Indoor Games

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's was good to bad.

Call Center (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsI worked at the call center and I really liked it when I was a temp. Great employees, great work environment, great pay and health benefits.

ConsUnion group, 6 hrs shift and only 1 20 minute break, that's ridiculous, I get super hungry during the day and at the end of my shift, I feel like I just want to go straight home and eat. They look for every little detail in your calls, if you miss one word out of a sentence, you don't get a point for that, meeting with the supervisor every month is too much, I think it should be once every 3 months. We are splitted into pods and some pods received lower calls than others and some pods received more calls than others, I just think that's stupid, it should be all equal. Asking too much things when we are doing too much to help the patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey say help the patients to better their needs, but when we do so we are not meeting the guidelines to our work, for example patient only wants to speak to the clinic but our job is to only send a message to the clinic but again patient will get mad and will use a louder voice that they only want to speak to the clinic, we would get in trouble transfering them to the clinic because it is our job to only send a message. It would be better besides making new rules or guidelines to just listen to the calls to see if we are doing things correctly not by adding more sentences to get points.

Fantastic place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsLaid back professionalism. Fun group. Very nice people, everyone seems to thoroughly enjoy what they do.

ConsNot much room for advancement. This is due to no one leaving.

Big company, but they still have a heart.

Intern (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThey're big and therefore have lots of resources. Also, excellent leadership. Company values are in the right place.

ConsThey are a large organization which acts as a drag when rapid change is needed. However, upper management seem to be aware and plan accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand thoughtfully, and keep doing what you're doing.

Excellent Place to work

ProsGood culture in the company overall. Patient/Customer focused

ConsScope for improvement in salaries

Great Place to Work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsCompetitive Pay
    Best Benefits you can find
    Lots of PTO
    Very friendly people
    Great retirement plan

ConsNot a lot of room for growth
    Processes could be a little better organized
    Management works from home while telling employees they are not allowed to

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what other industry leaders are doing to retain top talent and try and do the same. After you hire smart people, keep them there.

Positive experience with valuable lessons

Member Services Representative (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsIt's a running joke that only nice people are hired with HealthPartners but it's honestly true. Employees are friendly and willing to help. The company feels very horizontal and supervisors are encouraging and approachable. Overall just a great company culture.

ConsOpportunities for advancement seem sparse but this is probably because people enjoy working here and tend to stay longer.

Great company to work for, very connected with their employees.

ProsGreat culture and very supported of their employees.

ConsNot a ton of opportunities available for advancement because every one stays for a long time.

Worked for HealthPartners? Contribute to the Community!