HealthPort

Updated February 26, 2015
2.1

HealthPort President and CEO Mike Labedz
Mike Labedz

Pros
  • I worked with a lot of good people at the headquarters office, almost of all them were hard workers (in 5 reviews)

• Good work life balance and decent culture (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Health Insurance to High for th type of Insurance you get (in 8 reviews)

• NO training and Executive managers are in the dark about day to day operations (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

3-year employee. Part-time for 1.5 years and full time 1.5 years so far.

Current Employee - Release of Information Specialist, Clinical Route VT in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at HealthPort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working clinical route because there is not the drama of a one-office environment. If it is tense at one site, I move on and can make my own environment and clear my mind on the way to the next office site. HP pays car allowance and travel time. They pay time and a half overtime. This is available now and then in special circumstances and I like that my income gets a boost.

Cons

Some management issues the first year. The company had a growth spurt and there were challenges. Now I have a 15+ year veteran district manager who is awesome. I am excited to be working with her. She looks out for me, stands up for me, and takes me out to dinner. There are very caring managers within HealthPort. They value me as an employee, send anniversary and Christmas cards and really care. My manager is on e-mail with me every day and will answer any question I have about requests and personal situations.

Thank you for an amazing experience. This job takes a mature, hard-working individual to cover clinical route. The site managers are not as easy to work with as our own HP managers but my district manager is great with the site staff and keeps us all working as a team. Amazing company with many challenges. HealthPort is growing and strong!

Un organized

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

Nice people. Self starting position

Cons

No supervision. No company direction

ROI

I worked at HealthPort

Pros

Learn a lot. Easy hire on. Management pretty much leaves you alone unless you need off.

Cons

Poor management structure. Management doesnt know you or your work ethics because they never work with you. They are pretty much ghost. Never coverage if you need off.

Paid decently and the work was easy.

Former Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Independence, MO
    Former Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Independence, MO

I worked at HealthPort

Pros

Could work as much overtime as we wanted.

Cons

Busy workload most days of the week.

N/a

Price Review Specialist

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

Covered some bills. Gained experience.

Cons

Little room for growth. Very stagnant

Find ways to give employees more opportunity to grow

It sucks, you are just a employee

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at HealthPort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good team mates.
    Good team mates.

Cons

Where do I start....
    No promotion from within. They always hire from outside Technical Lead, Architects.
    We have people who are with Healthport for so many years but they get stuck at same position.
    No recognition from management.
    Any new project they start they always hire from outside rather than asking existing team members.
    Its a revolving door so many people leave or quit.
    If you join you won't be making any career advances. You might work on team for so many years but they will hire Lead from outside.

Learn to promote from within. Otherwise people will leave.

CTO please look at who are you surrounded with. Talk to your BA's, Support, Developers for Review on how things are. Interact with the team members rather than just your Direct reports, things might be different. Look at this way if your whole Dev, BA team leaves can your Direct reports roll up there slieve and become BA, Developers or QA. I DONT THINK SO.

Who's steering the ship!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

Good people to work with. Very laid back work environment, for the most part.

Cons

Some of the HR people are nimrods and treat all employees like they are customer service reps with no skill set. Benefits are the worst I've ever seen! No 401K match. Only 10 days paid vacation per year. No bonuses. They will tow your car if you do not follow the HR parking guidelines. Pay is extremely low.

Beef up your benefit package. Do ANY 401K matching! Add a bonus program. Cover salaried employees medical deductible (at least for the employee). Treat your skilled salaried employees with a little respect.

Great introductory EMR job to gain experience

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

Open 24 hours so 3 shifts are available

Cons

No patient or public contact if your a customer service or patient service individual and frequent software and hardware issues that delay productivity

ROI specialist

Former Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at HealthPort

Pros

Opportunity to learn many areas in this field.

Cons

Poor training/facilitators ; level of expectation of workers

Better training; Consideration of the stress level for employees.

Better name Hellport

Current Employee - ROI Specialist II in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - ROI Specialist II in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at HealthPort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You learn the ins and outs of Release of information, HIPPA is drilled into your head every day.

Cons

Management is a joke. I've been with the company for 3+ years and have gone through 3 district mangers each completely re-doing how things are run and messing up the sites more. Area mangers couldn't care less about you, you are not a person you are merely a tool. Each week you are expected to do overtime when mangers never come in early/stay late nor will they give up a weekend day like we are expected to. If you mess up you are to blame not mangers who change the rules every day!

Do you like not be able to take a day off for a doctor's appointment? Then work here. Even if you have time to use for a day off for months there will be a suspension of approved days off. Have an emergency and can't make it into work? Better make up by Friday!

People who have been here longer get paid less then people coming in with no experience. There is no real training you are set with people for a day or so and told to fly on your own as soon as your computer sign ons come in.

Mangers will talk to you like you are dumb, they will raise their voice to you, and they will treat you as if you aren't there. They will blatantly lie and say they never told you something when you have witnesses to the fact.

Come in for overtime if you mandate it. Stop speaking to us like we are children.