HealthSouth

HealthSouth Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

HealthSouth President, CEO, and Director Jay Grinney

Jay Grinney

Pros
  • Hospital offers great benefits package along with promising a less than honest nurse patient ratio (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits, enjoy seeing patients improve after terrible circumstances (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is great, but management is more concerned with numbers (in 5 reviews)

• 12 hour shifts are hard if you're not used to them (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A great small company feel with a great corporate behind you for the best benefits around!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Co workers, small facility, lots of autonomy, promote education and advancing skills, supportive staff, lots of resources and therapy tools

ConsSmall facility, local competition for certain diagnoses

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket for more neuro patients

Great Company

Medical Biller (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe paid was decent and the benefits were great. The co-workers including doctors and nurses were very nice.

ConsFacility closed due to lack of proper marketing for surgery services.

Overworked and undervalued

Physical Therapist (Former Employee)

ProsHigh level patient caseload, encourages personal growth and rewards you for it

ConsHuman resources micromanaged, low pay, no breaks in day's schedule allowed. Stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommend morale boosting activities and less micromanaging.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Dept

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey are a very good company

ConsCan be a little hard to advance

Excessive expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, friendly co-workers, challenging and rewarding work, decent benefits.
    Excellent work environment for nurses and therapists.

ConsManagement only cares about filling beds. No support for short staffed departments, even after asking for help several times. Was initially offered a very low salary, but was able to negotiate. Unable to trust senior leadership. Very few career advancement opportunities unless you are a nurse or therapist. Management will take advantage of employees in order to save money.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Awesome place to work

ProsFast growing company, with room to grow!!

ConsBeen there 20 years can't think of any.

Good company to work for

ProsLots of opportunities for employment

ConsNot always fair in their advancement opportunities

Poor management, many patient safety/care issues, staff with little to no experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Littleton, CO

ProsThere are many other facilities to go to-research before admitting family or friends to HealthSouth

ConsNegativity, toxic environment for staff and patients, no management, poor and unsafe patient care, company values are to make money with no regard to staffing, acuity, patient care, safety, or experience of staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet management with experience and not just a warm body to fill the positions

I was there to bill for every patient orders were written for , regardless of whether they were appropriate or not.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good but you will earn every penny.

ConsEthics don't exist. Corruption abounds at senior team levels. You are asked to sign off on other peoples therapy notes after they've left the company. Patients are never a priority unless they have insurance or extra Medicare days where they can be "extended". This is a for profit company and that is the only thing that matters. And Press-Gainey.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people at the senior team level accountable professionally and personally.

Positives and negatives

ProsCoworkers are good people , room for advancement exists, changes in "ways to do things" not accepted well

ConsCorporate tends to not be open-minded and have tunnel vision with some aspects. Do things "the way they have always been done"

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit priorities

Worked for HealthSouth? Contribute to the Community!