HealthTronics

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Russell Newman

Great opportunity for autonomy and improving skills.

Nurse Manager (Former Employee) Tidewater, VA

ProsThere is so much room to learn and grow at this company and they allow you to grow within the company.

ConsMost challenging is having a healthcare worker driving a 18wheeler. I don't believe that is where his/her skills are best deserved.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support medical staff and hire a truck driver to transport the equipment not the clinical workers.

Great place to work.

ProsAllowed to work without micro managing.

ConsThe company has been bought and sold a few times.

Great experience at Healthtronics

Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsAllowed reps to work their territory without micro managing. Management is there when needed as a resource. Compensation was great!

ConsA lot of changes in 2013 at the Enterprise level causing some nervousness. I think that's all cleared up now and the vision is pretty clear moving forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on research and developing new products.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok could be better.

ProsI have a good manager. They seem to respect work-life balance. They allow you to work at home if needed. They care about the employees.

ConsThere are quite a few people around who have had their jobs for a long time. They act very 'entitled'. Their major concern is any change to their employee benefits, not how to be more effective as a company. We have just been sold again. The times-they-are-a-changin.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead weight. Too many people act like they are owed their jobs.

JAMES WHITTENBURG IS NOT CEO OF HEALTHTRONICS and hasn't been since 2011- when Endo bought Healthtronics. It has been sold again. It's complicated!

Great place to work

RT (R), CRLT (Current Employee)

ProsTreated like an adult.

Caring manager that is available by text/email/phone when needed!

Base pay is salary and not per case/per hour. So some days I am out early and home late and other days I'm out late and home early:-)

The physicians depend on the tech to be professional. You cannot buy that, you have to be that. The company does a great jog of finding professionals to fill the positions in the field.

Working independently and with autonomy to do what is right for the patient, the physician, the company and myself (in about that order) is what I enjoy the most

Love this field position compared to sitting in a diagnostic suite waiting for the next ER STAT

ConsThe company has been bought and sold a few times. No real direct effect on worker bees in the field but we have lost some great folks back at HQ. Up for sale again in 2013.

Benefits get reduced when the company goes up for sale each time (is how it feels).

COLA's are not consistent.

Bonus structure recently changed. Previous system I had no control over how to get to a bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementSoftware used in the field needs to be evaluated for ease of use. Right now it is a PIA with data fields in the 'wrong' order. Not easy to jump between pages (even though the last update has this feature). Just b/c we are up for sale (again) quit skimping on the tool that makes you the $

Management does not contribute effectively

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Flexible work schedule (when requested.) Many activities to get employees involved outside of work. Pro-family.

ConsCompensation is low, compared to the market. Management and HR is not helpful in solving problems that are brought to their attention. They ignore the issues and hope they go away. Political games that is allowed to continue "because that is the way it has always been." Much dependency on processes and procedures, preventing creativity or innovation among employees. Training (outside of process reading) is not adequate. Culture and value is good as it's written, but poor as it is actually implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate the problems brought to your attention to your fullest capacity, especially listening to the input of ALL employees. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the entire bag.

Small issues here and there but overall good company to work for.

ProsCompetitive Salary. Good Benefits. Solid Future

ConsIssues that are brought up to management keep getting repeated.

Great for foot in the door, no long-term talent development.

ProsCasual Friday
    Benefits package (used to be better before Endo Pharmaceuticals bought HTRN)
    Finally getting more technologically advanced (encouraged by Endo)
    Intrinsic value in working for a company that is at the forefront in developing cancer fighting procedures

ConsAbsolutely no training or career development, even if you ask for it
    Usually do not hire from within
    Do not encourage continuing education
    Resources are not made available to HTRN employees that are available to Endo employees to continue to develop and grow within the company
    Middle managers get most if not all of the credit for any departmental accomplishments, not the "pions" of the department

Advice to Senior ManagementTry getting the "pions" input into decisions that would affect their job processes on a daily basis, you may be surprised on the feedback. Recognize the contributions that non-managers could make. Foster drive and talent from within that express desire to grow with the company.

Worked for HealthTronics? Contribute to the Community!