Healthcare Scouts

Love It!!

Current Employee - National Recruiting Manager  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best company I've ever worked for when it comes to earning opportunities, rewards, training & leadership! All are excellent and every part of the team is set up to succeed. They are very transparent about expectations and you know exactly where your growth and performance should be for the first year! I can't say I've ever experienced that with my other employers. Fun place to work with lots of team building going on. Be ready to work and be motivated by competition. My peers are awesome and keep me at my best.

Cons

None. This isn't a company for the weak hearted. It's a professional environment where you are constantly challenged (in a good way) to give your best everyday. They really care about their candidates and clients as well as us as employee.

Keep it up! Thanks for making this a great company to work for!!!

Impressed with their interview process!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I found their corporate recruiter to be extremely professional in his approach with me. I was at my previous employer for a few years and wasn't looking for a change. His persistence had me engaged. When I spoke with him initially he had done his research on me and defined specifically why he felt my skills and background would be a good partnership. I initially had a phone screen then in-person with the Recruiting Director. I continued to do my research on HealthCare Scouts and discovered it was a solid company with a good reputation. My next interview step was another phone screen with the COO who have me more details about the growth and long-term goals of the company. I came in for a work day which lasted 1/2 day where I was introduced to the team, toured the office and had some one-on-on time with a sales rep, recruiter and met the COO in person. Their process was thorough but I appreciated the time they took before making a hiring decision.

Cons

Interview process may seem a bit lengthy but they move swiftly. I was done with the entire process and offered a position (which I accepted) in less than 2 weeks. I was unsure about the work day and calling candidates with limited knowledge about the positions or company but they set it up in a very easy format that keeps the calls conversational. I enjoyed speaking to the candidates and being able to see the office energy in a live setting. It was the best interview experiences I've had.

If you are money-motivated, this is the where you want to work.

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Two weeks of hands-on training and plenty of manager/leadership support. Great Benefits, strong base salary to get you started, awesome atmosphere. Great incentives beyond commission (car incentive, annual trips, beach condo, etc).

Cons

If you don't like sales goals or working productively for a full 8 hours a day, then I guess you could say that's a con. It is made plain and simple during the hiring process that it is a results-driven employment. Work hard, stick with it and the rest is simple.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nerve Wrecking

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

Starting Salary is good, They can be encouraging at times and the coffee is plentiful

Cons

High Turnover is an understatement, Nearly 2 people are fired every week, Constantly making phone calls, management breathing down your neck , They have been around since 2008 and have 1 person there since 2009, maybe 7 since 2012. Very boring and tedious work.

Relax, Lower the Demands and focus on quality rather than quantity

Sep 13, 2014COO

Our goal is to ensure that all of our employees are well taken care of and have a positive experience with HealthCare Scouts. Turnover is inevitable in a production based environment where the cost ... More

My new career!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the staffing industry and like the company a lot! They really care about their employees and provide us an opportunity to make a lot of commission. We do fun things and get involved in community events by going to expos and supporting charities. Team building is a big focus too!

Cons

None. Just do your job and you're in great shape.

Management is really good. Genuine and care about our goals and helping us get there. Would be nice to have a company 401k match of some kind.

Most money I've ever made

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get the latitude to do what I want to build my own desk and hit my goals. I've been with scouts for over 3 years and will hit well over $100k this year. As long as you are producing, there is a lot of autonomy. The leadership has made decisions that I didn't always agree with but can now look back and understand its been for the best interest of everyone. I will definitely win the Vegas trip this year!

Cons

Company doesn't match the 401k contributions but they make up for this in other areas. I'm interested in learning more about financial investments and they actually paid for a financial education program (Dave Ramsey) for all the employees.

I'd like to learn more about the company strategy long term

Sep 13, 2014COO

I appreciate your advice to management. Having an insight on what our current employees want and former employees would have wanted helps us improve on all levels. We have begun to incorporate more ... More

Recruiting isn't want I expected

Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really thought I knew what a recruiter job was until I came to work for scouts. Heather & CJ do a great job at breaking down the training piece by piece. I've never worked for a company where the COO took personal interest in training us. I've been doing recruiting for colleges but this feels like I own my own business. The tools I have received with the training on the actual business of recruiting is definitely going to help me hit my goals.

Cons

There are a lot of orders for us to work on. I like the team I'm on but my sales rep is the highest producer and is busy all the time so my questions feel like I'm bothering him. There are other great people on my team so I've asked them for help and they have helped.

The positive reviews are a joke! RUN far, far away !

Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager  in  Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, other than a job ( if they keep you more than a few months )

Cons

Favoritism, horrible managers, back stabbing culture, no money ( unless you are a pet)

Treat employees better. Get rid of the revolving door mentality. Too much to I fix to list. Just need to be re evaluated from top to bottom.

Company & people are solid

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and people to work with at all levels. Fun and competitive. People share information to help you get better.

Cons

No cons. You have a really fair ramp time. Be sure to get as much training and ask questions. There's nothing negative to say for me

Tyler (Pres) is a good manager. CJ (COO)came in and took us in a great direction. Training improvements have helped new people. she's very positive. It was a big difference to have her. I liked her approach and she was approachable no matter situation. Tyler is there to help. He's also the main sales guy so sometimes I didn't feel like I could go to him because of that.

Really good career move for me!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I've been in the hospitality industry working for a very low wage and tips. HealthCare Scouts gave me the chance to learn about staffing and work in a professional setting and still make commission. I've made over $85,000 a year the past couple of years. Wouldn't have made that in waiting tables where I was. Plus I have MUCH better schedule!

Cons

A better 401k plan or implement a profit sharing plan for employees.

None

Sep 13, 2014COO

I'm excited to hear you've progressed financially with HealthCare Scouts. We appreciate the feedback on our 401K program. At this time we don't currently match contribution but it is a project that ... More

Worked for Healthcare Scouts? Contribute to the Community!