Healthcare Scouts

Healthcare Scouts Reviews

Updated February 15, 2015
Updated February 15, 2015

CJ Rodriguez

Good things happening with this company

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is my first experience working with a recruiting firm even though I have many friends in the business. I've compared a lot of notes over long conversations with my colleagues and healthcare scouts is ahead of the game on a lot of levels. My buddy's compensation is lower than ours and they have a cap or draw in most cases. The environment is reAlly good. It's competitive with some edge to make certain your on top of your game all the time which is great because I'm a pretty competitive person and like to rank in the top. We get highlighted all the time but we are also held accountable. The training is good too. Very thorough and leadership all the way to the President is approachable and takes time to stop and connect with you to see how things are going.

Cons

None really. We just went through benefits enrollment and there isn't a 401k match but overall the benefits that we can select from are good.

It's been mentioned that we are bringing in some additional heavy hitters to help continue to grow the company. My goal is to continue to grow and prove myself so that I can be considered for those advancement opportunities. Keep your eye out for internal performers. I've seen some good movement in their promoting from within and feel they have a good balance here.

RUN, RUN, RUN! IF...you just want $35K, want to hide behind everyone else's success and want a free ride!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

These poor reviews are a joke and probably come from people who couldn't handle being part of a winning team that actually holds you accountable. The company is set up for producers and team players NOT slackers. Get over yourself and move on to your next average job where I'm sure you will continue to be average at best. Everything is explained up front several times about expectations, training, culture and more. If you don't work you won't last period. There's no secret in this and there's nothing wrong with this. Some people might find it harsh but I appreciate that the CEO Don Langmo and COO CJ Rodriguez weed out these people. They put in a new Director of Recruiting, Christy Byrd who is great too! They gave me and many others who didn't have experience a chance to learn recruiting and make a good career. Yes, I have seen turnover but why would a smart company want to hold on to unproductive people and why would YOU want to stay somewhere that you don't like. I don't appreciate people who come in and are okay making $35K and want to complain that their feelings are hurt because they can't handle a REAL conversation. To the reviewer who "cant wait to find another job"... you are EXACTLY why I appreciate the CEO & COO. Stop trying to slam a good company, quit and let us who are here for a real career and to help people actually do it. I believe the good reviews are REAL!!! I'm a current employee and I DO approve of the COO, CJ Rodriguez. I've met some really great people here that have become my friends. There are a LOT of perks:

- Advancement (not based on favoritism but on actual PRODUCTION!)
    - Good base slary + excellent commission
    - M-F 8am - 5pm (I've only had to work OT once but they DO pay for OT) and it's never on weekends AND they are flexible if you have kids, school, etc.
    - Good benefits
    - PTO
    - Company trips
    - Car incentive program
    - Award & recognition
    - Team outings
    - Potluck luncheons
    - Training (Lots of it!)
    - AND MORE!

Cons

NONE, none, none. Just do your job.

Keep up EVERYTHING you are doing! I have goals and don't want someone coming in working on my team orders and not doing a good job. This takes money away from me and others here to make a great living and career.

If you are money-motivated, this is the where you want to work.

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Two weeks of hands-on training and plenty of manager/leadership support. Great Benefits, strong base salary to get you started, awesome atmosphere. Great incentives beyond commission (car incentive, annual trips, beach condo, etc).

Cons

If you don't like sales goals or working productively for a full 8 hours a day, then I guess you could say that's a con. It is made plain and simple during the hiring process that it is a results-driven employment. Work hard, stick with it and the rest is simple.

My new career!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the staffing industry and like the company a lot! They really care about their employees and provide us an opportunity to make a lot of commission. We do fun things and get involved in community events by going to expos and supporting charities. Team building is a big focus too!

Cons

None. Just do your job and you're in great shape.

Management is really good. Genuine and care about our goals and helping us get there. Would be nice to have a company 401k match of some kind.

Really good career move for me!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I've been in the hospitality industry working for a very low wage and tips. HealthCare Scouts gave me the chance to learn about staffing and work in a professional setting and still make commission. I've made over $85,000 a year the past couple of years. Wouldn't have made that in waiting tables where I was. Plus I have MUCH better schedule!

Cons

A better 401k plan or implement a profit sharing plan for employees.

None

Healthcare Scouts Response

Sep 13, 2014COO

I'm excited to hear you've progressed financially with HealthCare Scouts. We appreciate the feedback on our 401K program. At this time we don't currently match contribution but it is a project that ... More

Extraordinary developments.

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

HCS has accomplished a notable job by striding to perfection. I will not say how long I have work with HCS, though I can not be happier with the changes in the company. We have leaders who don't just work for themselves. I feel good about myself and look forward to a promising 2015.

Cons

We still covet people with bitter old ways. The people I speak of come to work bitter regardless of the positive changes. The position is a clear mode position and there are metrics to be accomplished. Meet the metrics or don't meet the metrics. The path is clear.

Do not be sidetracked by the bitter sloths. Make the metrics clear. The rest plays out.

Ruthless and cutthroat. Do not even consider applying unless you only want to be employed for 6-8 months.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They provide a good training program

Cons

Where do I begin. The CEO and COO Don Langmo and CJ Rodriguez are ruthless they have a successful model set up where they make lots of money and every employee is dispensable. They do not invest in their employees nor care if they retain them or not. Bottom line you don't make them money you're gone. No questions asked. 2-3 employees get fired on average every month. I promise you every positive review you have read on the company is false and written by the company.

Take time to invest and retain your employees.

Hard Work is Appreciated and Noticed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere
    People willing to help and train
    Great bonus and incentive programs
    Company Culture
    Recognition/Promotions for working hard
    It breaks my heart to read the review below. It says a lot when people cannot see the bigger picture of where they work. Everyone has choices, choose to work hard and succeed and there is no negative outcome. If you choose not to contribute and take things seriously then there are consequences. This is true at ANY company. HCS is a professional atmosphere and promotes a team environment. As a note, the Not to Compete that the other reviewers mentioned DOES NOT keep you from recruiting in healthcare, get the facts straight.

Cons

No definitive con, maybe a richer health plan and 401k match

Company & people are solid

Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and people to work with at all levels. Fun and competitive. People share information to help you get better.

Cons

No cons. You have a really fair ramp time. Be sure to get as much training and ask questions. There's nothing negative to say for me

Tyler (Pres) is a good manager. CJ (COO)came in and took us in a great direction. Training improvements have helped new people. she's very positive. It was a big difference to have her. I liked her approach and she was approachable no matter situation. Tyler is there to help. He's also the main sales guy so sometimes I didn't feel like I could go to him because of that.

Great company care about the quality the bring to their clients. Big on customer satisfaction

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

Great opportunity to meet a lot of great people and help quality people find rewarding new careers. There is something new everyday. You truely are in control of what you make of your time there.

Cons

Needs work on Health Insurance for employees

None