Healthcare Scouts Reviews

Updated August 10, 2014

Tyler Schuster

Nerve Wrecking

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

Starting Salary is good, They can be encouraging at times and the coffee is plentiful

Cons

High Turnover is an understatement, Nearly 2 people are fired every week, Constantly making phone calls, management breathing down your neck , They have been around since 2008 and have 1 person there since 2009, maybe 7 since 2012. Very boring and tedious work.

Relax, Lower the Demands and focus on quality rather than quantity

My new career!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the staffing industry and like the company a lot! They really care about their employees and provide us an opportunity to make a lot of commission. We do fun things and get involved in community events by going to expos and supporting charities. Team building is a big focus too!

Cons

None. Just do your job and you're in great shape.

Management is really good. Genuine and care about our goals and helping us get there. Would be nice to have a company 401k match of some kind.

Most money I've ever made

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get the latitude to do what I want to build my own desk and hit my goals. I've been with scouts for over 3 years and will hit well over $100k this year. As long as you are producing, there is a lot of autonomy. The leadership has made decisions that I didn't always agree with but can now look back and understand its been for the best interest of everyone. I will definitely win the Vegas trip this year!

Cons

Company doesn't match the 401k contributions but they make up for this in other areas. I'm interested in learning more about financial investments and they actually paid for a financial education program (Dave Ramsey) for all the employees.

I'd like to learn more about the company strategy long term

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The positive reviews are a joke! RUN far, far away !

Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager  in  Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, other than a job ( if they keep you more than a few months )

Cons

Favoritism, horrible managers, back stabbing culture, no money ( unless you are a pet)

Treat employees better. Get rid of the revolving door mentality. Too much to I fix to list. Just need to be re evaluated from top to bottom.

Recruiting isn't want I expected

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really thought I knew what a recruiter job was until I came to work for scouts. Heather & CJ do a great job at breaking down the training piece by piece. I've never worked for a company where the COO took personal interest in training us. I've been doing recruiting for colleges but this feels like I own my own business. The tools I have received with the training on the actual business of recruiting is definitely going to help me hit my goals.

Cons

There are a lot of orders for us to work on. I like the team I'm on but my sales rep is the highest producer and is busy all the time so my questions feel like I'm bothering him. There are other great people on my team so I've asked them for help and they have helped.

Company & people are solid

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and people to work with at all levels. Fun and competitive. People share information to help you get better.

Cons

No cons. You have a really fair ramp time. Be sure to get as much training and ask questions. There's nothing negative to say for me

Tyler (Pres) is a good manager. CJ (COO)came in and took us in a great direction. Training improvements have helped new people. she's very positive. It was a big difference to have her. I liked her approach and she was approachable no matter situation. Tyler is there to help. He's also the main sales guy so sometimes I didn't feel like I could go to him because of that.

Really good career move for me!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I've been in the hospitality industry working for a very low wage and tips. HealthCare Scouts gave me the chance to learn about staffing and work in a professional setting and still make commission. I've made over $85,000 a year the past couple of years. Wouldn't have made that in waiting tables where I was. Plus I have MUCH better schedule!

Cons

A better 401k plan or implement a profit sharing plan for employees.

None

Open culture that offers no ceiling in earning potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid compensation that includes competitive base + commissions. Several award & recognition incentives that are performance based including car incentive plan, access to beach condos and annual company trip!

Cons

Be ready to put some skin in the game which isn't bad in a production environment. You will work along side a few people that want to ride without contributing which won't work for long.

Share more kudos in open forum and announce when the condo gets awarded. This is an excellent incentive especially here in sunny Florida! The CEO recently put a new COO in place that is really doing great things. Lots of fresh ideas and nice movement in employee morale and motivation. Nice move!

Healthcare Scouts: Not a Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent entry level pay for their recruiting positions (which only require a HS Diploma).

Start at $30k/year, but the schedule is 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM (50 hrs/week). Equates to $11.53/hr (no overtime, as the position is salaried).

Tyler (President) and Danielle (Senior Manager) are well-qualified and enjoyable to work with, despite some of the counter-intuitive policies which are in place.

Cons

They will not hesitate to fire you without any type of performance warning. After your month-long probationary period, you will be immediately terminated if you are not placing candidates and producing revenue, despite how many good candidates you have found. If they are not hired by the client's HR dept, you will not be paid commission and you will be inching closer to termination.

Managers play favorites, which result in certain individuals having more submittals/placements (earning more money), and leaves other hard working employees working harder for less money and in constant worry about their job stability.

There is no teamwork in the company - a culture of competition is promoted. The employees are encouraged to contact any candidate they find, regardless of if that candidate is working with another Healthcare Scouts recruiter. This results in inter-office tension, which is exacerbated by the fact that you will be terminated for not placing candidates, even if another co-worker took the individual you were working with. This also makes the company appear disorganized to potential candidates, since they have multiple recruiters with the same company attempting to call them and offer them the same job.

You must wait AT LEAST 90-120 days (some cases over 6 months) before receiving commission for a placement. If you have a bad week or two with no placements during that time frame, you will be immediately terminated and not receive the commission you were owed.

Refine and streamline your submittal process. Stop playing favorites and evaluate everyone's candidates equally. It is only a matter of time before you face a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Eliminate the nepotism and encourage teamwork to promote a fun culture. Do away with the current tense culture, where back-stabbing is promoted (and almost required) to keep your job and place candidates.

Do NOT work at Healthcare Scouts! Biggest career mistake.

Current Employee - National Account Manager  in  Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Monday-Friday Job is beneficial
    Nice office space and coffee/tea provided

Cons

Mandatory overtime that is not paid at what would be considered time and a half
    Competition from managers also recruiting for same positions
    Unorganized Processes
    Do not get paid if clients do not pay on time (after waiting already 30-120 days)
    Three person submittal process before making to client is not efficient
    Not truly interested in training people to be successful
    Orders for jobs are not detailed enough to source effectively and not waste time/money
    NO leads/candidates provided, must find own candidates with no help/ pay for postings with most sources
    Pressure to make a certain amount of calls which takes away from being more efficient with time due to constantly being concerned about hitting call counts daily
    At time of interviewing, very little of this was disclosed
    Favoritism given to certain employees
    Manager are NOT managers, they are only successful recruiters and therefore were promoted but do not effectively manage people
    Job is truly more about luck the way the company is structures and less about effort and time put in
    Unstable work environment, revolving door, people quit/fired daily
    Place is in so much trouble that a 'consultant' has been hired to come in and evaluate the way things are being done
    Very time consuming interview process ( Entire work day unpaid, 2 in person interviews, and 1 phone interview and an online assessment prior to being offered)
    People hired are former bartenders/unrelated professions and do not really have professional experience
    Must wait 30-120 days before being paid on a placement
    No 401k contributions
    Benefits mediocre
    Randomly chosen to be on a certain "team. No choice and this can be a challenge as some teams have much more niche jobs to work on and naturally less opportunity
    Only younger, inexperienced people seem to be hired
    Too picky on who is allowed to be submitted leads to thoughts of favoritism to certain employees
    Not very flexible with personal appointments (Dr. Apts, etc)
    No company phone, laptop, other resources to be able to work after hours effectively for other time zones

AS soon as I find another position, I will be leaving Healthcare Scouts and will not ever recommend them as a good place to work.

Fix all of the CONS and reevalute and restructure how you are running your business

Worked for Healthcare Scouts? Contribute to the Community!