Healthcare Scouts Reviews

Reset
3.3
CJ Rodriguez

Proud to be a Scout

Pros

I have been working with HealthCare Scouts for some time now. I have seen it all- leadership changes, restructuring, business model adjustments. I have worked with new leadership (CJ Rodriguez) and previous leadership (Tyler Schuster), both unique and extraordinary leaders that I have been lucky to learn from. The company is growing, and will continue to grow- change is inevitable to continue to develop best practices. Regardless, through it all, there remains one constant: the people. Passionate, collaborative and "roll up their sleeves" Scouts. From the President of our company to brand new team members, the collaborative relationships built with one shared vision is the continued motivation among our team. It is what makes us Scoutst!

Cons

Change can create the illusion of instability. Know your value, contribute every day and do your best. That illusion will fade.

Advice to Management

Continue the recognition of Scouts that fall under both producing and non producing lines. Both are essential to the continued growth of our company.

You get what you put in

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership Amazing coworkers Car program Uncapped earning potential Prizes and recognition awarded regularly

Cons

Longer hours Building is in a sketchy area at times

Advice to Management

Stop putting new policies in place and changing them before you've had a chance to see real results. It can be hard to keep up with what the newest expectation is

Love Scouts

Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scouts is my first job where I feel valuable. I feel wanted. The best job I have ever had. Upside on pay is 10 of 10.

Cons

The daily hours are demanding. The job has ups and downs. The managers push you a lot to be a 10 of 10. The push can be inordinate but I know it is for the betterment of my success.

False Praise and Lots of BS

Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coffee- As if that is really a pro. Some of the people

Cons

Executive Management. The current President conned her way into the position. At first she talks a good game and then all of sudden you realize she just talks in circles and really never says anything of substance. Her background is shady to say the least. I recently met someone who worked with her at another agency and they too had difficulties with her. This churn and burn ideology is not the way to success.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your President

Recruiter perspective

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time

Pros

you can make decent money 50k-100k if you work really hard... fun group of people... Overall this is a standard company...

Cons

Earning are supposedly uncapped, but that's artificial...wish we were about results and less about politics in the office...company is dominated by woman in here. Just saying. Only 1 key account.

Advice to Management

Good job overall...room for improvement though, like all of us.

Endless opportunities here!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great people to work with. Leadership is accessible and open anytime. Recruiting is everything I hopped it would be. Get to help good people and make a solid living if you work hard and make no excuses. I like that leadership holds people at the same standard. Nice to see that I can grow and move up based on my own efforts and not be trumped by someone who doesn't work as hard or have the same level of production just because they've been here longer. Very fair and positive environment. I've never seen this much business and can't wait to continue to help people.

Cons

Candidates can impact your reputation no matter how hard you work. That can make the job feel like you have added pressure when your trying to meet company metrics. I'm learning I have control over a lot of things. You just need to stay positive.

Advice to Management

I like the direction of where the company Is going. It's good to see more leadership is being hired to help everyone in the company.

Oh these reviews...

Pros

For an entry level recruiting job, Scouts offers a fairly competitive starting salary. Additionally, there are probably 500 coffee/creamer/sweetener combinations! Drinking each combination is probably as interesting of a challenge as staying employed is! The biggest pro of HealthCare Scouts, which makes the cons all the sadder, is the wealth of talent in the building. While every organization simply has some who are better than others, the internal talent across the board is incredible. Scouts does read these reviews and takes them incredibly personally. Not enough to actually reflect on the negative things people say, but just enough to get angry by them and take that anger out on a room of people who didn't write them.

Cons

The organization is riddled with a constant stream of change, stress, and anxiety. So why the constant stream of change/stress/anxiety? Scouts suffers from an identity crisis, believing itself to be on the cusp of being a $100M company while not being within even $75M of that figure. The CEO believes recruiters are entirely mix-and-match, that anyone can turn any order into a financial windfall that lands largely in his pocket. The result is, shockingly, an entire workforce that feels like they don't matter. Beyond that, the CEO runs this organization by simply listening to the next newest person in the room. The previous President, who had built the company from start-up to successful start-up was ousted when a new COO was appointed who had a new set of ideas. Recently, a new COO has been appointed with a brand new set of ideas. There is no doubt that this cycle will continue and I think it is becoming more and more apparent. And maybe that isn't really anyone's fault, as the CEO routinely makes an appearance to....express his lack of satisfaction, no matter how good things are going. While the current President and COO are full of ideas, some of them not even that terrible, their lack of industry knowledge gives those ideas almost zero credibility. Recently the COO asked a question about a basic tenant of the organization's core focus that would have gotten a recruiter fired. Any real question from a recruiter is met with answers ranging from a runaround of old war stories from the days when "recruiters ran full desks" to words that don't make sense in the order they are arranged in. Recruiters are encouraged to voice their concerns, however, recently a meeting was held where all of those concerns had been written down and regurgitated back to us as weapons, not protected conversation like we were led to believe. The organization is constantly changing, which is fine, as change is a good thing. The only problem is the change is reactionary, haphazard, and poorly implemented. You cannot change something just to change it again 6 weeks later; you can't install someone in a position of leadership to sack them 6 weeks later, and you can't change something in January of 2014, change it 15 more times, and then return right back to where you started in January of 2015. The sad part about the culture is there is distrust literally everywhere. You have people at every level of the organization who listen out for information so they can rat out their co-workers to improve their positions in the eyes of leadership. It's sad because these "rats" might be 5% of the organization, so it's not everyone, but it's certainly enough. Beyond that, there isn't any job security to speak of, which is kind of scary if you are a mid-20s guy or gal and you are looking to establish a steady career in the industry, as recruiting is a pretty sweet way to make a buck if you can stand the tedium.

Advice to Management

You need to level with your employees. Even if you told the current team that they are nameless, faceless drones designed to make the company money, I guarantee more people would respect that and maybe even work harder than being told they are valued and then discarded.

If you want to work in the healthcare recruiting/staffing industry, look elsewhere.

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Maitland, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer competitive commission rates, health/dental benefits, and 401k. Additional perks for meeting performance incentives. Will hire new college graduates will little to no experience.

Cons

Disclaimer: I'm not a disgruntled former employee who was fired or laid off. I left the company voluntarily due to a lack of professional respect for the way the company is run. Very cutthroat atmosphere. No job security, even if job perfomance is outstanding. Management philosophy is to pat you on the back and celebrate employee success and then fire you to motivate others to compete for your accounts/clients and demonstrate that no one's job is safe. Management also likes to spread rumors that certain employees are on the chopping block to further spread fear, which seems to be their main motivational tool. Employees who leave the company are often not paid outstanding commissions.

Advice to Management

Consider investing a little more in your employees. The reduced turnover and improved morale will probably save you money and enable you to build a better brand.

Good things happening with this company

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first experience working with a recruiting firm even though I have many friends in the business. I've compared a lot of notes over long conversations with my colleagues and healthcare scouts is ahead of the game on a lot of levels. My buddy's compensation is lower than ours and they have a cap or draw in most cases. The environment is reAlly good. It's competitive with some edge to make certain your on top of your game all the time which is great because I'm a pretty competitive person and like to rank in the top. We get highlighted all the time but we are also held accountable. The training is good too. Very thorough and leadership all the way to the President is approachable and takes time to stop and connect with you to see how things are going.

Cons

None really. We just went through benefits enrollment and there isn't a 401k match but overall the benefits that we can select from are good.

Advice to Management

It's been mentioned that we are bringing in some additional heavy hitters to help continue to grow the company. My goal is to continue to grow and prove myself so that I can be considered for those advancement opportunities. Keep your eye out for internal performers. I've seen some good movement in their promoting from within and feel they have a good balance here.

RUN, RUN, RUN! IF...you just want $35K, want to hide behind everyone else's success and want a free ride!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

These poor reviews are a joke and probably come from people who couldn't handle being part of a winning team that actually holds you accountable. The company is set up for producers and team players NOT slackers. Get over yourself and move on to your next average job where I'm sure you will continue to be average at best. Everything is explained up front several times about expectations, training, culture and more. If you don't work you won't last period. There's no secret in this and there's nothing wrong with this. Some people might find it harsh but I appreciate that the CEO Don Langmo and COO CJ Rodriguez weed out these people. They put in a new Director of Recruiting, Christy Byrd who is great too! They gave me and many others who didn't have experience a chance to learn recruiting and make a good career. Yes, I have seen turnover but why would a smart company want to hold on to unproductive people and why would YOU want to stay somewhere that you don't like. I don't appreciate people who come in and are okay making $35K and want to complain that their feelings are hurt because they can't handle a REAL conversation. To the reviewer who "cant wait to find another job"... you are EXACTLY why I appreciate the CEO & COO. Stop trying to slam a good company, quit and let us who are here for a real career and to help people actually do it. I believe the good reviews are REAL!!! I'm a current employee and I DO approve of the COO, CJ Rodriguez. I've met some really great people here that have become my friends. There are a LOT of perks: - Advancement (not based on favoritism but on actual PRODUCTION!) - Good base slary + excellent commission - M-F 8am - 5pm (I've only had to work OT once but they DO pay for OT) and it's never on weekends AND they are flexible if you have kids, school, etc. - Good benefits - PTO - Company trips - Car incentive program - Award & recognition - Team outings - Potluck luncheons - Training (Lots of it!) - AND MORE!

Cons

NONE, none, none. Just do your job.

Advice to Management

Keep up EVERYTHING you are doing! I have goals and don't want someone coming in working on my team orders and not doing a good job. This takes money away from me and others here to make a great living and career.

RSS Feed </> Embed