Healthcare Scouts

www.healthcarescouts.com
Profile Unclaimed

High-Stress, Low Return of Investment

Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is not a lot to say "pro" about this company, unfortunately. Other than copious amounts of coffee that you can consume.

Cons

Where to start, top-down, or bottom-up? Top. The CEO and COO have one thing on their mind: making money, and they don't care who they are running over to do it, If you aren't making money or kissing up to them or others, you aren't of value, your opinions don't matter, and you are completely replaceable. They sell you on how great this company is in your first couple weeks of training, and the hammer comes down the SECOND you are not on your "A" game. You will have mandatory overtime (how they can make it mandatory is beyond me), and you only get half-time pay; not the time and a half. If you leave the company, whether involuntary or voluntary, you forego ANY commissions that you earned (which I'm not sure how that works as well). You will be required to sign a non-compete that indicates if you leave for any reason you will not be able to work in healthcare for 2 years (which will NEVER hold up in court by the way, because you cannot legally limit someone on their opportunity to gain an income- so, Scouts good luck with that lawsuit when it comes down the pipeline, it's only a matter of time). Promotions are not based off of work ethic or production, they are based on how much you kiss up to the COO. Favoritism is the name of the game if you want to be "successful" at HCS. If you want to work for a quality company, this is not going to be it. The turnover rate is about 2-4 employees a month due to people quitting or being fired. And you can kiss any type of employment claim goodbye, because that isn't going to happen. The company culture is bred off of fear, anxiety, and resentment. The CEO likes to tell you that "this generation" is all about accepting handouts, "what's in it for me" mentality - which is the same philosophy you will find of the COO and CEO, and entitlement. I'm glad I got out when I did, because if I wanted to work for terrorists and communists, I would go live in the Middle East.

Stop with the favoritism, condescending attitudes, "holier than thou" mentality, and insincerity. Truly invest in your workers and you may have a better outcome rather than the over 70% turnover you are seeing. QUALITY will always win out over QUANTITY.

Nothing short of a nightmare company..Don't believe the false positive reviews.

Current Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There really is not many, other than being employed and not working at McDonalds.

Cons

Too much to list but to summarize: A revolving door, back-stabbing culture, favoritism, poor leadership, and just the most tedious, boring work anyone could possibly ask for. Do not believe the false positive reviews that make this company seem so great. I do not approve of the COO CJ, and the way the business is run, and cannot wait to find a new job to get out of this place.

Bring in completely new leadership, quit the revolving door mentality, actually INVEST in your employees and their satisfaction, increase ramp period, and DON'T PLAY FAVORITES!!

Oct 7, 2014COO

Thank you for the continued feedback. We strive to create and protect a positive and performance driven culture as our clients and candidates rely on our professional team members to deliver high ... More

Nerve Wrecking

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

Starting Salary is good, They can be encouraging at times and the coffee is plentiful

Cons

High Turnover is an understatement, Nearly 2 people are fired every week, Constantly making phone calls, management breathing down your neck , They have been around since 2008 and have 1 person there since 2009, maybe 7 since 2012. Very boring and tedious work.

Relax, Lower the Demands and focus on quality rather than quantity

Sep 13, 2014COO

Our goal is to ensure that all of our employees are well taken care of and have a positive experience with HealthCare Scouts. Turnover is inevitable in a production based environment where the cost ... More

My new career!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the staffing industry and like the company a lot! They really care about their employees and provide us an opportunity to make a lot of commission. We do fun things and get involved in community events by going to expos and supporting charities. Team building is a big focus too!

Cons

None. Just do your job and you're in great shape.

Management is really good. Genuine and care about our goals and helping us get there. Would be nice to have a company 401k match of some kind.

The positive reviews are a joke! RUN far, far away !

Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None, other than a job ( if they keep you more than a few months )

Cons

Favoritism, horrible managers, back stabbing culture, no money ( unless you are a pet)

Treat employees better. Get rid of the revolving door mentality. Too much to I fix to list. Just need to be re evaluated from top to bottom.

Company & people are solid

Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and people to work with at all levels. Fun and competitive. People share information to help you get better.

Cons

No cons. You have a really fair ramp time. Be sure to get as much training and ask questions. There's nothing negative to say for me

Tyler (Pres) is a good manager. CJ (COO)came in and took us in a great direction. Training improvements have helped new people. she's very positive. It was a big difference to have her. I liked her approach and she was approachable no matter situation. Tyler is there to help. He's also the main sales guy so sometimes I didn't feel like I could go to him because of that.

Really good career move for me!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I've been in the hospitality industry working for a very low wage and tips. HealthCare Scouts gave me the chance to learn about staffing and work in a professional setting and still make commission. I've made over $85,000 a year the past couple of years. Wouldn't have made that in waiting tables where I was. Plus I have MUCH better schedule!

Cons

A better 401k plan or implement a profit sharing plan for employees.

None

Sep 13, 2014COO

I'm excited to hear you've progressed financially with HealthCare Scouts. We appreciate the feedback on our 401K program. At this time we don't currently match contribution but it is a project that ... More

Healthcare Scouts: Not a Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent entry level pay for their recruiting positions (which only require a HS Diploma).

Start at $30k/year, but the schedule is 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM (50 hrs/week). Equates to $11.53/hr (no overtime, as the position is salaried).

Tyler (President) and Danielle (Senior Manager) are well-qualified and enjoyable to work with, despite some of the counter-intuitive policies which are in place.

Cons

They will not hesitate to fire you without any type of performance warning. After your month-long probationary period, you will be immediately terminated if you are not placing candidates and producing revenue, despite how many good candidates you have found. If they are not hired by the client's HR dept, you will not be paid commission and you will be inching closer to termination.

Managers play favorites, which result in certain individuals having more submittals/placements (earning more money), and leaves other hard working employees working harder for less money and in constant worry about their job stability.

There is no teamwork in the company - a culture of competition is promoted. The employees are encouraged to contact any candidate they find, regardless of if that candidate is working with another Healthcare Scouts recruiter. This results in inter-office tension, which is exacerbated by the fact that you will be terminated for not placing candidates, even if another co-worker took the individual you were working with. This also makes the company appear disorganized to potential candidates, since they have multiple recruiters with the same company attempting to call them and offer them the same job.

You must wait AT LEAST 90-120 days (some cases over 6 months) before receiving commission for a placement. If you have a bad week or two with no placements during that time frame, you will be immediately terminated and not receive the commission you were owed.

Refine and streamline your submittal process. Stop playing favorites and evaluate everyone's candidates equally. It is only a matter of time before you face a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Eliminate the nepotism and encourage teamwork to promote a fun culture. Do away with the current tense culture, where back-stabbing is promoted (and almost required) to keep your job and place candidates.

Sep 13, 2014COO

Thank you for taking time to provide an extended review. While we understand HealthCare Scouts, Inc. will never be a 100% perfect match for everyone, we continue to encourage feedback such as this ... More

Healthcare recruitment - long hours and monotonous work.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people, the management, the money

Cons

Cold calling, long hours and monotonous daily routine

Great company care about the quality the bring to their clients. Big on customer satisfaction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

Great opportunity to meet a lot of great people and help quality people find rewarding new careers. There is something new everyday. You truely are in control of what you make of your time there.

Cons

Needs work on Health Insurance for employees

None