Healthcare Scouts

3.4

CJ Rodriguez

My new career!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the staffing industry and like the company a lot! They really care about their employees and provide us an opportunity to make a lot of commission. We do fun things and get involved in community events by going to expos and supporting charities. Team building is a big focus too!

Cons

None. Just do your job and you're in great shape.

Management is really good. Genuine and care about our goals and helping us get there. Would be nice to have a company 401k match of some kind.

Most money I've ever made

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get the latitude to do what I want to build my own desk and hit my goals. I've been with scouts for over 3 years and will hit well over $100k this year. As long as you are producing, there is a lot of autonomy. The leadership has made decisions that I didn't always agree with but can now look back and understand its been for the best interest of everyone. I will definitely win the Vegas trip this year!

Cons

Company doesn't match the 401k contributions but they make up for this in other areas. I'm interested in learning more about financial investments and they actually paid for a financial education program (Dave Ramsey) for all the employees.

I'd like to learn more about the company strategy long term

Sep 13, 2014COO

I appreciate your advice to management. Having an insight on what our current employees want and former employees would have wanted helps us improve on all levels. We have begun to incorporate more ... More

Recruiting isn't want I expected

Current Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really thought I knew what a recruiter job was until I came to work for scouts. Heather & CJ do a great job at breaking down the training piece by piece. I've never worked for a company where the COO took personal interest in training us. I've been doing recruiting for colleges but this feels like I own my own business. The tools I have received with the training on the actual business of recruiting is definitely going to help me hit my goals.

Cons

There are a lot of orders for us to work on. I like the team I'm on but my sales rep is the highest producer and is busy all the time so my questions feel like I'm bothering him. There are other great people on my team so I've asked them for help and they have helped.

The positive reviews are a joke! RUN far, far away !

Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None, other than a job ( if they keep you more than a few months )

Cons

Favoritism, horrible managers, back stabbing culture, no money ( unless you are a pet)

Treat employees better. Get rid of the revolving door mentality. Too much to I fix to list. Just need to be re evaluated from top to bottom.

Company & people are solid

Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and people to work with at all levels. Fun and competitive. People share information to help you get better.

Cons

No cons. You have a really fair ramp time. Be sure to get as much training and ask questions. There's nothing negative to say for me

Tyler (Pres) is a good manager. CJ (COO)came in and took us in a great direction. Training improvements have helped new people. she's very positive. It was a big difference to have her. I liked her approach and she was approachable no matter situation. Tyler is there to help. He's also the main sales guy so sometimes I didn't feel like I could go to him because of that.

Really good career move for me!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I've been in the hospitality industry working for a very low wage and tips. HealthCare Scouts gave me the chance to learn about staffing and work in a professional setting and still make commission. I've made over $85,000 a year the past couple of years. Wouldn't have made that in waiting tables where I was. Plus I have MUCH better schedule!

Cons

A better 401k plan or implement a profit sharing plan for employees.

None

Sep 13, 2014COO

I'm excited to hear you've progressed financially with HealthCare Scouts. We appreciate the feedback on our 401K program. At this time we don't currently match contribution but it is a project that ... More

Healthcare Scouts: Not a Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent entry level pay for their recruiting positions (which only require a HS Diploma).

Start at $30k/year, but the schedule is 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM (50 hrs/week). Equates to $11.53/hr (no overtime, as the position is salaried).

Tyler (President) and Danielle (Senior Manager) are well-qualified and enjoyable to work with, despite some of the counter-intuitive policies which are in place.

Cons

They will not hesitate to fire you without any type of performance warning. After your month-long probationary period, you will be immediately terminated if you are not placing candidates and producing revenue, despite how many good candidates you have found. If they are not hired by the client's HR dept, you will not be paid commission and you will be inching closer to termination.

Managers play favorites, which result in certain individuals having more submittals/placements (earning more money), and leaves other hard working employees working harder for less money and in constant worry about their job stability.

There is no teamwork in the company - a culture of competition is promoted. The employees are encouraged to contact any candidate they find, regardless of if that candidate is working with another Healthcare Scouts recruiter. This results in inter-office tension, which is exacerbated by the fact that you will be terminated for not placing candidates, even if another co-worker took the individual you were working with. This also makes the company appear disorganized to potential candidates, since they have multiple recruiters with the same company attempting to call them and offer them the same job.

You must wait AT LEAST 90-120 days (some cases over 6 months) before receiving commission for a placement. If you have a bad week or two with no placements during that time frame, you will be immediately terminated and not receive the commission you were owed.

Refine and streamline your submittal process. Stop playing favorites and evaluate everyone's candidates equally. It is only a matter of time before you face a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Eliminate the nepotism and encourage teamwork to promote a fun culture. Do away with the current tense culture, where back-stabbing is promoted (and almost required) to keep your job and place candidates.

Sep 13, 2014COO

Thank you for taking time to provide an extended review. While we understand HealthCare Scouts, Inc. will never be a 100% perfect match for everyone, we continue to encourage feedback such as this ... More

Healthcare recruitment - long hours and monotonous work.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people, the management, the money

Cons

Cold calling, long hours and monotonous daily routine

Great company care about the quality the bring to their clients. Big on customer satisfaction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

Great opportunity to meet a lot of great people and help quality people find rewarding new careers. There is something new everyday. You truely are in control of what you make of your time there.

Cons

Needs work on Health Insurance for employees

None

Don't sign on with this group unless you are extremely desperate and need a job

I worked at Healthcare Scouts as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They provided me with contract assignments when I was between jobs.

Cons

- They do NOT communicate with their contractors. Once you are put into a position, you can forget about them looking out for your best interest, even if the company you are temping for is abusive. They are just trying to make dollars on your head. Multiple attempts to communicate with recruiter and they still don't provide critical information needed.

-They do NOT have their facts straight. i.e.- no clear information about job descriptions, hiring time frames or even at times, the correct company name!

-Make you feel like a number. Most agencies recognize that your satisfaction and performance is what keeps them in business and their reputation afloat. Most will even take the time to send a genetic holiday card or an acknowledgement over the holidays. They just send out timesheet reminders.

Hire recruiters that have their act together. Partner with better, more progressive businesses.