Healthcare Services Group

Updated September 18, 2014
2.1

Healthcare Services Group Chairman and CEO Daniel P. McCartney
Daniel P. McCartney

Pros
  • The company doubles in size every 5-7 years and is constantly providing new opportunities for hard working, customer service oriented people (in 9 reviews)

• The only pro is not having upper management breathing down your neck every day, unless you have a difficult client (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Broken Promises, Management Development, Upper Management not qualified just tenured (in 19 reviews)

• long hours, low pay, disrespectful and stressful overall experience (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Hmmm, Good if you are good at playing games....

Current Employee - Regional Training Manager  in  Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Training Manager in Topeka, KS

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities are endless, if you can figure out who to schmooze and you work really hard. Been with them for 5.5 years and all was great till my regional manager quit and it all changed from there. They are expanding so uncontrollably quick there is tons of room for people to make their names and get promoted through the ranks at a very quickly.

Cons

After some changes at the regional management level everything changes. Work to life ratio doesn't happen until at a regional role and sometime not even at that point. Night projects without any more compensation = anger. Health insurance3 is nonexistent and they are a billion dollar company. You are the dog to be kicked at the facility level. They want to hire YOUNGER managers due to them coming in cheaper but the problem with that is they are not ready for that level scrutiny. Do not ever ever turn down a new position, you will never have another opportunity for progress after that.

Give everyone the tools they need to do to complete the job that is needed whether it is enough pay for frontline staff so having a full staff can actually happen, or make sure they have all the materials they need, make sure there is enough help to complete large projects. Maybe try a manager on call on the weekends so if a facility is uncovered you have a manager who can cover that way there can be a balanced work to life ratio for everyone. GET SOME REAL HEALTH INSURANCE.

I have big responsibility in the job I love to works in the company ,

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Because I have a lot potential in my cereal and good attitude, to do the job

Cons

have the big challenge, and big opportunity in the experiences

MIT Program.

Current Employee - MIT  in  McLeansville, NC
    Current Employee - MIT in McLeansville, NC

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with HCSG for about 5months and am in the MIT (Manager in Training) Program. I love the residents! It is very rewarding to be a part of their lives. The intro salary is pretty good and they also have stock options and a 401k. There are also plenty of opportunities for promotion due to the rapid growth of the company.

Cons

The MIT program is terrible, at least at the facility I have been assigned to. No manager I have worked with to this day follows the training program and when upper management comes and something goes wrong asks if you are following the program. The majority of management are awful, they do not know what they are talking about and have no issue mistreating employees. The MIT program requires you work a minimum of 50 hours a week. You are running around doing all the work while management does nothing but kick up their feet and watch. When something goes wrong, you the MIT are to blame. I have seen management cheat employees out of pay, use the schedule as a grudge holding mechanism, load off their tasks on other employees, lie about payroll, food ordering and much more. Management will say one thing to your face and go behind your back to someone else and contradict themselves. Management does not seem organized or have any clue what they want. They do not trust their employees and blame them for their short comings. This company has great potential if they would learn to hire competent people that are honest and hard working. When I get my own facility I will strive for excellence through honesty, integrity and hard work unlike the management I have been given as my example.

Follow through with promises, and treat employees with respect.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

its not too bad, they need to take care of their employees though

Current Employee - Assistant Food Service Director  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Food Service Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

co-workers are nice and the hours are flexible. Plus you can move up with the company if you want a career in the food service

Cons

management is kinda suck, and they don't take good care of most of their managers

benefits, work-life balance

Unprofessional Company

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Healthcare Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None. This should only be entry level work if you're in the management field.

Cons

Everything. This is a very cheap company. I've had to buy supplies out of my own pocket many times just so my employees would have what they needed. The communication link is very poor from the top down and the company never gives the manager a raise, no matter how good the manager performance might be.

Keep track of all supply orders and emails sent to your DM because they will screw you over, but hold them accountable.

Great Company!

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

You get what you put in. Most complaints on here come from disgruntled employees who have very weak work ethic. This is truly a company of giving more opportunity to those who put in the effort. If you want an opportunity to shine and have strong work ethic this is the place for you.

Cons

Long hours at first until you can hire strong people around you. Follow the systems and build a team you can trust. Over time it will get easier.

Continue to support your middle management with consistent training at Regional Meetings.

Texas

I'm thankful to be apart of this company.

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It promotes self development. It challenges me to better myself! Opportunities to advance.

Cons

None at the moment. Just started.

None

Food what food

Current Employee - Dietary Cook
    Current Employee - Dietary Cook

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with in the kitchen are nice. But they complain a lot about the company.

Cons

Where to begin. Lies from the interview continue. Was hired as a cook but all I do is wash dishes. Was hired as part time but work full time hours without full time benefits. Upper management is horrible. Our regional is under investigation and our divisional on last visit was driving a brand new mustang convertible as his rental. No one listens no one cares. The managers can't even order enough food. We run out all the time. Not a good company

Rethink how you do your job before you micromanage mine. I know how to do my job. Do you know how to do yours?

account manager

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time

Pros

the people I worked with (not for) were great.

Cons

district managers only care about themselves. impossible to keep a good amount of staff because of the low pay rate and what is asked of them. no vacation time at all for the first year. expected to do night projects extending into the next morning.

take care of your employees and they will return the favor

This company needs to shut down, nobody deserves to have to deal with this terrible service.

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group

Pros

The titles are nice on apps. Account manager sounds better than glorified housekeeper.

Cons

Haha this is laughable at best, no support from upper management. When you ask for it they get mad at you and say you have to do it. I worked 90+ hours a week for lack of staff. Then they get staff at a higher rate then the ones that stuck with me through the pain without giving them a raise to match the new people. Now I'm On the hit list because my administrator told them upper management is the problem not me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! IT IS HELL AND YOU WILL GET NO WHERES

Find a new job, get people in here that care for employees.

Worked for Healthcare Services Group? Contribute to the Community!