Healthcare Services Group

Healthcare Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Healthcare Services Group Chairman and CEO Daniel P. McCartney

Daniel P. McCartney

Pros
  • The company doubles in size every 5-7 years and is constantly providing new opportunities for hard working, customer service oriented people (in 9 reviews)

• The only pro is not having upper management breathing down your neck every day, unless you have a difficult client (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Broken Promises, Management Development, Upper Management not qualified just tenured (in 19 reviews)

• long hours, low pay, disrespectful and stressful overall experience (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

I'm thankful to be apart of this company.

ProsIt promotes self development. It challenges me to better myself! Opportunities to advance.

ConsNone at the moment. Just started.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The worst job I ever had....This company SUCKS big time

Housekeeper (Current Employee) Phillipsburg, NJ

ProsNo pros about this Company

ConsThey treat you like slaves...Over worked and under paid

Advice to Senior ManagementThey write you up when you have dr notes,not cleaning right and other stupid stuff they are just write up happy...They work you like dogs and expect for you to get the work done.....they follow you around like leaches...They don't give you your vacation or personal time when asked for it.....I am VERY unhappy with this company and I WILL NEVER recommend this company to anybody..

Not a good experience; adjusting your outlook may be the only thing to help oneself

"Account" Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe people that you will meet, networking, developing your skills.

ConsWhere do I start....no support from upper management, agreements are regularly disregarded, lack of additional development to further growth, no "hope" for housekeepers and janitors as they are started with minimum wage, company disregards outside competition and touts itself as being the best in the industry. I could go on, but I'm hoping whoever reads this will get the picture.

Advice to Senior Management1 - Respect all of your employees.
    2 - Pay attention to your competition and be proactive.
    3 - Provide more to your frontline and managers. They work quite hard.
    4 - Don't promise what can't be delivered. That's how you'll eventually lose an account, and more.
    5 - At least provide a real and affordable health plan for the compensation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Is there a way to not add any stars!!! This is a horrible company to work for!!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBeing able to help the residents :)

ConsThey are awful to their employees! Nothing you do pleases them, unless you give up your entire life, just like where I was told to give up custody of my children when I become an account manager. The facility I work for is awful on top of having to deal with my district manager so much added stress daily! I would never even recommend my very worst enemy to work for them! That bad. There is so much discrimination happening, I almost feel like the top managers are in on it as well because nothing gets solved!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are all needing some direction in life!!'

Horrible!!!!!!

Housekeeper (Former Employee) New Hope, MN

ProsNothing good at all about the company. No perks, or anything.

ConsWorked for a different company for 8 years plus, they sold to another company and I was stuck with Healthcare services. It was the worst experience ever. it was always something with pay. Which after I put my two weeks in they never paid me for my unpaid vacation time. They made a lie up after a month to not pay me. Even co-workers would complain all the time for their checks being shorter than what they were supposed to be. Management doesn't care at all about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your stuff together. This company is a joke.

Worked there for a year, was very so-so

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDefinitely a job that pushes you to be your best. Need to learn multiple different roles and blend them into one. Challenges you every day and teaches you a ton.

ConsScrubbing floors in a shirt and tie

Account manager

ProsWorking with residents and their families ltc facility.

ConsCompany claims to promote from within-not completely true. Now you can no longer be promoted to account mgr from housekeeper. They want 7 yrs management experience or 2 years of college. Housekeepers are started at minimum wage - and thats where they stay. Turn over is high due to the fact of the low wage with no hope of evaluation/raise and being expected to work your tail off. The account manager before me made less than the previous manger. And I make considerably less- with more experience. My supply orders are frequently short-thus lack of supplies to do a good job. I am told weekly to save hours to save the company money- and If I dont save those hours I'm not considered to manage correctly. Also we are no longer allowed to hire anyone full time. Therefore saving money on holiday pay, vacation and insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour front line matters. They are the face that is being seen in your buildings. Without them you wouldn't be in business. Treat them better and quit scimping on their pay. You wouldn't have near the turnaround. Noone wants to come to a place and be treated like a peon and be expected to stay.

Avalon was able to choose my fate

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe upper management I had were great. Always there when I had questions.

ConsAvalon was able to choose my fate. When my building manager for Avalon wanted to have me fired for a misunderstanding not only did Iget asked to move to another building but my wages were cut. My wages were cut and I couldnt afford to work for a company that couldnt give me what my ccontract was originally. I dont believe another manager outside the company should have a say on your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting other managers from Avalon control the fate of your employees.

You get out what you put in.

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMeeting all types of people.

ConsLong hours sometimes. Can be tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe organized or you will fail. Always listen to the customer. Accept some bad attitudes sometimes from front line staff, not everyone is management material.

Terrible upper Management

Account Manager (Current Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

ProsGreat people working in the trenches.

ConsUpper management micro manages everything you do. For being a billion dollar company , everything is still faxed. No information given on new contracts at new facilities. No support structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change your good o'boy network. Some region managers shouldn't be in that position.

Worked for Healthcare Services Group? Contribute to the Community!