Healthcare Solutions Team Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
50 reviews filtered by
4.0
Grant Born & Joe Eichman

YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN....

Current Employee - Executive Agent in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Agent in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere in the Gilbert, AZ office. They truly want you to succeed but you will only get out what you put into it, yes 100 calls a day or more, yes spending a few dollars on your licenses in other states, yes working 40 or more hours a week (weekends too.. after all its YOUR Business)..... WAKE UP YOUR SELF EMPLOYED... ITS YOUR BUSINESS...
    I have been here since August and have worked hard to set myself up for the future, made sacrifices? Yes but thats what you do when you start a business..... guidance will been given.... but you must use your time to FOLLOW....... and No the TOP people don't get the better leads.... ONLY YOU CAN CREATE YOUR FUTURE... WORK HARD AND CREATE "YOUR" BUSINESS... My Future is bright!!!

Cons

If you do not wish to be self employed and create your future...... not for you and thats okay

2. Way old leads

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Healthcare Solutions Team (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to be self employed, so you can make your own hours and work from home and still get advice if you need it.

Cons

Leads supplied were super old unless you could get real time leads, and unless they were exclusive other agents from different companies got those leads too.

I don't have any advice for management. It is what it is.

Better have a book of business before you even thing about working there

Former Employee - Licensed Illinois Health Producer in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Licensed Illinois Health Producer in Lombard, IL

I worked at Healthcare Solutions Team

Pros

If you have a book of business, you will do great,,

Cons

Very much a "good ole boys club" atmosphere. Not much help, leads are ages old and rarely will you get a sale with them. If you do get a sale, many times, the client cancels. Commissions are almost down to bare bones, infact, some insurance providers have stopped paying commissions! If you leave the company, say good bye to any commissions you may have coming to you, the company keeps them, that is why they can take almost half the company on trips to Mexico every year! They should spend less on the useless drinking trips and more on better lead system. Just understand, if you are going into the insurance business, you have to have 100's, if not 1000's of clients to make any decent money, no matter what they will tell you in the interview!

Concentrate on spreading the money around for good leads and help people when they first start, give them a few bones, you may be surprised what can happen. But I doubt this advice will be taken, because it is a revolving door at HST, except for the 40-50 top managers and sales people who have huge books of business. It really is somewhat of a MLM business, though.

5. Great place for experienced sales people.

Former Employee - Associate Agent in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Agent in Lombard, IL

I worked at Healthcare Solutions Team

Pros

They give you complete flexibility
    Great at training
    Great and helpful office staff
    My manager was always available to help
    No quotas, straight commission

Cons

If you are not experienced in sales it can get a bit over whelming.

Reality

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant
    Current Employee - Insurance Consultant

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than a year)

Pros

General knowledge on health insurance

Cons

Where to start....You have to realize this job is independent, meaning you will have to do everything in your power for yourself. They don't really tell you but you will be spending money before making money. If you don't have a lot of friends or groups online then it will be difficult like myself to make money. It is political at the same time nothing is done for you. Some weeks spending over 40 hours and some weeks spending 20 hours, still getting the same results. Their leads are not good. I have spent a little over 1k and result is 150 dollars. There recommendations on phone calling is 100 calls a day if not you will be told you will fail. I have gotten my kids out of soccer, saved here and there, put some money into this company and the result is that I might not have money for my kids presents for Christmas. I/ have been in sales for around four years and never had a job like this. .

Again I emphasis which they don;t state that you will be spending money. Example Errors and Omissions. Also buying states and other stuff that is a must.

Thought this would be fun but ended up putting me more in debt and just hoping that there is something at the end of this rainbow since I have invested and wanted to stay a bit longer.

They will have meetings every week, congratulating people that made money while if you have not, makes you feel discouraged.

They tell ya to do this but if you observe around the room no ones doing the calls but you. Kind of feels like a pyramid. Where your on bottom and no ones there to help but yourself.

Staffing at HST isn't that great. They are there to get your contracts and seminars. That is about it. Any complaints don't bother.

I am not degrading this company I am just stating the facts and want people to realize before joining this company that these are obstacles that you might have to face and overcome. Hope this helps.

You are your own boss

Excellent Opportunity

Current Contractor - Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Contractor - Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This company has great leadership that you can trust, from the local level up to the top company leaders. It is a well organized group. Great opportunity to be in business for yourself but not by yourself! Support staff works hard and is very responsive to your needs. Great potential for a life long career, with opportunity for realistic rewards. Would recommend it to anyone looking for their opportunity to be self employed that has that entrepreneurial drive.

Cons

Again, must have the entrepreneurial drive. Cannot expect anyone to do this for you. If you rely solely on the lead system you won't survive. Must be a marketing pro, without having to spend a fortune to make a fortune. Just like any other start up business, it may take some time to generate leads from your marketing, but once you do and keep that marketing flow going you will be successful.

Keep doing what you're doing. Management has done a great job with staying out front in this industry.

Looking for a career with a company that always delivers, with financial security and upward mobility? Look no further!

Current Employee - National Marketing Director/Partner in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - National Marketing Director/Partner in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is the job everyone dreams of. To be able to control your own time, determine your own income, receive world class training and guidance and help people every day is what many companies offer but always fail to deliver. Not HST! Their proven methods and processes work every time as long as YOU take advantage of them and apply yourself. You are truly the master of your own destiny at this company. With access to the best products the industry has to offer and the highest compensation program available, you can build a clientele that guarantees your financial security. And as if that were not enough, you can become a "partner" and own a portion of company profits too. All of this is available to you for just working to help fulfill your clients needs. I would be remiss if I left out the company trips to exotic locations, the amazing bonus programs, and most of all the culture that makes everyone here like family. HST is an opportunity like no other for the dedicated, driven, and independent sales person. If you want the challenge of succeeding at the highest possible level with the deck stacked in your favor, then I challenge you to take the steps to get an interview TODAY! It's not about what you have to lose, it's about everything you have to gain!

Cons

This career can be quite challenging to people who struggle to stay on task or need frequent direction or supervision. As many people would like to believe that they can work independent of constant direction and guidance, it can prove to be fatal to a persons career here when they find they are not. To avoid regret, be sure to carefully examine yourself truthfully when it comes to your ability to be self disciplined. Almost everyone who fails at this opportunity does so because of this issue. Be sure you know yourself!

My only piece of advice would be to PLEASE never stop doing what you do! My continued happiness is at stake!

Healthcare Solutions Team Response

Jul 17, 2014Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback. Your advice is well received. "To avoid regret, be sure to carefully examine yourself truthfully when it comes to your ability to be self disciplined." While we love what ... More

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Senior Agent in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Agent in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to build your own business.. Minimum investment required. Partnership opportunity

Cons

like all Commission only sales jobs, Its' what you make of it Work hard and the sky is the limit on income.

keep on doing what you guys are doing, which is taking care of the agents and and making their well being the basis of all your business decisions

Healthcare Solutions Team Response

Jul 17, 2014Communications Director

Thank you for the feedback. We do place value on supporting our agents and our priority is to ensure agents feel like this is a place they can call home. Always know the doors are open for dialogue ... More

Life changing

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The freedom to make my own hours. My success is based on my own activity and I hold only myself accountable for results. The hierarchy is willing to help me achieve my goals by supporting my needs and rewarding my efforts. Technology is being used to give us the tools we need to be effective

Cons

when starting out, it can be difficult to get motivated. It takes 60 -90 days to start seeing fruit from the labor

Keep up the good work supporting your agents and helping them all get the most out of their careers. You already know that you are changing lives and I love the slogan "Welcome home" for new recruits

Amazing company! HST gives us the tools to succeed. I've found my home.

Current Employee - Executive Agent in Crest Hill, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Agent in Crest Hill, IL

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is top notch. Grant and Joe work tirelessly to give everyone the information, contracts, and support that's needed to succeed. HST is a classy, energetic organization. There's no ceiling to what an agent can achieve here. I've seen it first hand via my own efforts. Integrity, a willingness to learn, and a solid work ethic are the golden tickets.
    You make your schedule. You're in control. Your financial future rests in your hands. Again, there are no limits to what you can achieve.
    Once you start opening doors and seeing the possibilities here, it's addictive. I'm hooked. I'm in complete control of my future and HST is making that possible.

Cons

It's hard for me to think of any Cons, but I'll give it a shot.

I guess some of the Pros can also be Cons. Just as hard work will reap rewards, laziness will result in utter failure. This is not your typical 40 hour per week job. You have to earn your commissions! This can be good and bad. I view it as good and I came from 20 years of putting in a 40 hour week and earning the same paycheck week in and week out.

You have to be self motivated and honest. Again, not a Con in my eyes, but some people may think they'll be able to walk in here, have policies handed to them, and be able to fast talk their way to success. Not happening.

Here's a real Con: Office space. We need to expand our main office. The Pro of being successful has led us to this Con. So there you have it...a Con.

Keep doing what you're doing. Never lose sight of what makes HST such an incredible organization.

Healthcare Solutions Team Photos