Healthcare Solutions Team

Grant Born & Joe Eichman

Excellent Opportunity

Current Employee - Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This company has great leadership that you can trust, from the local level up to the top company leaders. It is a well organized group. Great opportunity to be in business for yourself but not by yourself! Support staff works hard and is very responsive to your needs. Great potential for a life long career, with opportunity for realistic rewards. Would recommend it to anyone looking for their opportunity to be self employed that has that entrepreneurial drive.

Cons

Again, must have the entrepreneurial drive. Cannot expect anyone to do this for you. If you rely solely on the lead system you won't survive. Must be a marketing pro, without having to spend a fortune to make a fortune. Just like any other start up business, it may take some time to generate leads from your marketing, but once you do and keep that marketing flow going you will be successful.

Keep doing what you're doing. Management has done a great job with staying out front in this industry.

Reality

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant
    Current Employee - Insurance Consultant

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

General knowledge on health insurance

Cons

Where to start....You have to realize this job is independent, meaning you will have to do everything in your power for yourself. They don't really tell you but you will be spending money before making money. If you don't have a lot of friends or groups online then it will be difficult like myself to make money. It is political at the same time nothing is done for you. Some weeks spending over 40 hours and some weeks spending 20 hours, still getting the same results. Their leads are not good. I have spent a little over 1k and result is 150 dollars. There recommendations on phone calling is 100 calls a day if not you will be told you will fail. I have gotten my kids out of soccer, saved here and there, put some money into this company and the result is that I might not have money for my kids presents for Christmas. I/ have been in sales for around four years and never had a job like this. .

Again I emphasis which they don;t state that you will be spending money. Example Errors and Omissions. Also buying states and other stuff that is a must.

Thought this would be fun but ended up putting me more in debt and just hoping that there is something at the end of this rainbow since I have invested and wanted to stay a bit longer.

They will have meetings every week, congratulating people that made money while if you have not, makes you feel discouraged.

They tell ya to do this but if you observe around the room no ones doing the calls but you. Kind of feels like a pyramid. Where your on bottom and no ones there to help but yourself.

Staffing at HST isn't that great. They are there to get your contracts and seminars. That is about it. Any complaints don't bother.

I am not degrading this company I am just stating the facts and want people to realize before joining this company that these are obstacles that you might have to face and overcome. Hope this helps.

You are your own boss

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Senior Agent in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Agent in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to build your own business.. Minimum investment required. Partnership opportunity

Cons

like all Commission only sales jobs, Its' what you make of it Work hard and the sky is the limit on income.

keep on doing what you guys are doing, which is taking care of the agents and and making their well being the basis of all your business decisions

Healthcare Solutions Team Response

Jul 17, 2014Communications Director

Thank you for the feedback. We do place value on supporting our agents and our priority is to ensure agents feel like this is a place they can call home. Always know the doors are open for dialogue ... More

Looking for a career with a company that always delivers, with financial security and upward mobility? Look no further!

Current Employee - National Marketing Director/Partner in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - National Marketing Director/Partner in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is the job everyone dreams of. To be able to control your own time, determine your own income, receive world class training and guidance and help people every day is what many companies offer but always fail to deliver. Not HST! Their proven methods and processes work every time as long as YOU take advantage of them and apply yourself. You are truly the master of your own destiny at this company. With access to the best products the industry has to offer and the highest compensation program available, you can build a clientele that guarantees your financial security. And as if that were not enough, you can become a "partner" and own a portion of company profits too. All of this is available to you for just working to help fulfill your clients needs. I would be remiss if I left out the company trips to exotic locations, the amazing bonus programs, and most of all the culture that makes everyone here like family. HST is an opportunity like no other for the dedicated, driven, and independent sales person. If you want the challenge of succeeding at the highest possible level with the deck stacked in your favor, then I challenge you to take the steps to get an interview TODAY! It's not about what you have to lose, it's about everything you have to gain!

Cons

This career can be quite challenging to people who struggle to stay on task or need frequent direction or supervision. As many people would like to believe that they can work independent of constant direction and guidance, it can prove to be fatal to a persons career here when they find they are not. To avoid regret, be sure to carefully examine yourself truthfully when it comes to your ability to be self disciplined. Almost everyone who fails at this opportunity does so because of this issue. Be sure you know yourself!

My only piece of advice would be to PLEASE never stop doing what you do! My continued happiness is at stake!

Healthcare Solutions Team Response

Jul 17, 2014Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback. Your advice is well received. "To avoid regret, be sure to carefully examine yourself truthfully when it comes to your ability to be self disciplined." While we love what ... More

Life changing

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The freedom to make my own hours. My success is based on my own activity and I hold only myself accountable for results. The hierarchy is willing to help me achieve my goals by supporting my needs and rewarding my efforts. Technology is being used to give us the tools we need to be effective

Cons

when starting out, it can be difficult to get motivated. It takes 60 -90 days to start seeing fruit from the labor

Keep up the good work supporting your agents and helping them all get the most out of their careers. You already know that you are changing lives and I love the slogan "Welcome home" for new recruits

Amazing company! HST gives us the tools to succeed. I've found my home.

Current Employee - Executive Agent in Crest Hill, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Agent in Crest Hill, IL

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership is top notch. Grant and Joe work tirelessly to give everyone the information, contracts, and support that's needed to succeed. HST is a classy, energetic organization. There's no ceiling to what an agent can achieve here. I've seen it first hand via my own efforts. Integrity, a willingness to learn, and a solid work ethic are the golden tickets.
    You make your schedule. You're in control. Your financial future rests in your hands. Again, there are no limits to what you can achieve.
    Once you start opening doors and seeing the possibilities here, it's addictive. I'm hooked. I'm in complete control of my future and HST is making that possible.

Cons

It's hard for me to think of any Cons, but I'll give it a shot.

I guess some of the Pros can also be Cons. Just as hard work will reap rewards, laziness will result in utter failure. This is not your typical 40 hour per week job. You have to earn your commissions! This can be good and bad. I view it as good and I came from 20 years of putting in a 40 hour week and earning the same paycheck week in and week out.

You have to be self motivated and honest. Again, not a Con in my eyes, but some people may think they'll be able to walk in here, have policies handed to them, and be able to fast talk their way to success. Not happening.

Here's a real Con: Office space. We need to expand our main office. The Pro of being successful has led us to this Con. So there you have it...a Con.

Keep doing what you're doing. Never lose sight of what makes HST such an incredible organization.

So Very Thankful

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a woman in her early 50's I never thought I could find a company as wonderful as HST. They have supported, trained, and help me succeed in ways I never thought possible. I am now very financially secure, and love this Company and will never leave, they have my loyalty, just like they were loyal to me throughout this whole process. They are a Company with heart which you don't find very often anymore in Corporate America. Everyone at home office is willing to lend a hand to help you succeed. Also I have never worked for a Company where everyone in the sales force is willing to help you if you need it, it is amazing to me. Yes it is 100% commission, but I wouldn't have it any other way, because I determine my income by how much time and effort I am willing to put into it. Since I am a motivated individual, in just a short time I saw how my efforts paid off and now, just a few years into the Company, I take vacation when I want to take it and I take days off to see my children's Graduations, and be where I need to be when I want to be there, and because of my residual income, I get paid to do just that. I love that! I am my own boss and with some drive and their help I am happier in a job than I ever thought possible. Also you can move up to Manager positions if you want to or stay as a sales agent, the choice is yours, the sky is the limit. This Company provides you with everything you need to succeed and right now with everyone needing to get insurance due to the changing law we are busier then ever and that is so wonderful.

Cons

It takes time to get licensed and appointed, and it costs some money to get started to get that licensing. Some states charge more for licensing. You must be able to work without being micromanaged, although to me that is not a con, but some might find that having no one to clock in to and no one to watch you every minute does not work for them. You must be willing to continually change and learn new products as the insurance industry is an ever changing environment.

Thank you for all you do for this Company. The trips we can earn are awesome and the bonuses second to none. You all make sure that we have meetings and new updates every week and that is so helpful. Home office thank you for all of your hard work over the years answering my questions and being patient with me throughout the learning curve. I am forever grateful for being given the opportunity to work for the best!

This is THE place to begin your insurance career or revitalize your existing business.

Current Employee - Region/Partner in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Region/Partner in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is an agency that's primary focus is supporting it's field force. I have been in the business for over 18 years and this only my third agency relationship but it is by far the best. I only wish I had made a commitment to this team earlier. Where many other agencies have struggled due to the complexities of Healthcare Reform, HST has weathered it all and helped those committed to the company to grow and prosper in an environment that has driven others away.

Cons

I've read the other "cons" on this site and I get where some of the people are coming from with comments about leads, training etc. The reality is that we are all independent contractors and as such we can only expect an agency to be able to provide what is realistic to help us succeed. No formula is going to be perfect for all contracting agents and so while some may find flaws in the system others excel. My philosophy has always been: "Show me a system where many people can thrive and prosper while others can't and what you have is a system that's working and some people who aren't".

Keep the focus on the agent and continue to push revenue to the field force. Never get so big that the agency consumes more revenue or becomes more of a priority than your people.

Why did it take so long to find HST?

Current Employee - Senior Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Agent

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Independence, you determine your fate and future, realistic partnership opportunites for those committed to working hard and doing it right

Cons

No doubt, getting started....but all commissionable sales are tough. And any good opportunity is not handed to you, you have to work hard for it.

I found a HOME and a HAVEN OF INTEGRITY at Healthcare Solutions Team.

Current Employee - District Manager in DeMotte, IN
    Current Employee - District Manager in DeMotte, IN

I have been working at Healthcare Solutions Team full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All the tools needed to be a success while doing what is right for the customer and doing it well is what this company is all about. Solving needs of clients with real solutions while working together as a real team. Everything is geared to making the agent/broker more productive and confident, while promoting integrity in all aspects. Just a great place to be!

Cons

You need to work. You need to be self-motivating. And you need to be a team player.

Please keep doing what you're doing, the way you're doing it!!

Healthcare Solutions Team Photos