HealthcareSource Reviews

HealthcareSource CEO Peter Segall
Peter Segall

Talent Management Coordinator

I have been working at HealthcareSource

Pros

Goldilocks Meets The Wizard:

In December 2012 I made a promise to myself that I was going to embark on a new chapter of my life and I wasn't going to settle for just any company. Fortunately my family agreed and the slow methodical search began. I wanted just the right company- The perfect fit had to have the following...low internal drama, intelligent colleagues, compassionate executive team, visible passion for the work with a clear path to my future growth. It needed to be north of Boston, a company that moved forward and one that wasn't stalled in internal politics or red tape. A company that wasn't so big that I couldn't find my way around the policies/procedures, and not so small that the IT team consisted of a guy named Dave who only worked on Tuesday. Finding the perfect company seemed like something out of a childhood storybook. In March of 2013, nearly 1 year later, a former colleague suggested I take a look at HealthcareSource and my search ended. One conversation with the recruiter and I knew the porridge was just right!. A company that believed in open collaboration, who had a hierarchy but respected the receptionist's opinions and took them into not only consideration but turned those suggestions into action. A software company that understood the value in hiring an engaged employee, but clearly understood management's responsibility for "keeping" that same employee engaged. Suddenly this wasn't one childhood story but two. Goldilocks decided to take a walk down the Yellow Brick Road and ended up find that it led her home!

Cons

None that I can think of. :)

2. Great group of people

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

I really like the people that work for HealthcareSource. With very few exceptions, people are very friendly, trustworthy, reliable, and welcoming. We also have access to a lot of great tools and resources. I can see that they are investing in our company and also our culture, trying to make sure that employees have a positive experience with the company. It's as laid-back and fun as a professional environment can be and I look forward to showing up each day.

Cons

There is a lack of unity between employees in the different offices (commonly referred to as the"remote" employees.) I can see that HR is trying to find ways to unite the groups but they often feel very divided still. I understand its not easy but we're not quite where we need to be for 5 stars.

It really is great that we focus so much on the company's culture but make sure that individual needs (opportunities to advance and growing career paths for those who aren't in a position were a promotion is possible) are met too. I really enjoy working for HealthcareSource and don't want to leave but need to see where my personal advancement is possible.

3. Principal Engineer

I worked at HealthcareSource

Pros

High energy , smart engineers

Cons

None except that the office space is small and feels crowded

Love it! Great place to work with a bright future ahead

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growing, stable company that's a part of two booming industries: SaaS for talent management and healthcare.

Committed to corporate mission -- everyone is focused on the overall goal of providing great products and service to our customers. Executive/ HR team is focused on continuous improvement of the corporate culture.

Perks: Flexible work hours, option to work remotely, ample professional development opportunities, work-hard/play-hard attitude, casual dress, laid-back atmosphere, healthy snacks and drinks, fun and friendly environment, 1x1 time with highly visible c-level executives, the opportunity to really make a difference and work with the best and brightest people in the industry who have a passion for what they do.

Cons

Experiencing growing pains: departments, teams, and offices often work in silos -- the value of cross-departmental collaboration/ knowledge sharing is preached but not always practiced.

Potential growth opportunities/ career path may not be present as it's not clearly defined. Internal promotions are rare for those on smaller teams and usually only occur when someone leaves the organization.

Instances of formal, company-wide recognition of individual and/or team successes are often only focused on Sales and Engineering accomplishments.

Investment in formal succession and compensation plans. Consider issuing merit-based promotions, title changes and/or compensation adjustments for high performers who have expanded responsibilities and added skills outside of their original job description.

More instances of formal, yet thoughtful recognition of "unsung heroes" who's efforts may be overlooked and under appreciated if their role is not highly visible or understood.

6. Freedom to make decisions independently while still working in a collaborative environment

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at HealthcareSource

Pros

Flexibility, liberal time-off, "no hassle" expense reimbursement, highly customer-focused.

Cons

There's a wee bit of disconnect between all the remote offices, but otherwise no cons.

Keep up the GREAT work! Your commitment to excellence is apparent to all of us out in the trenches.

Executive

I have been working at HealthcareSource

Pros

Positive work environment, great team culture, supportive management

Cons

Some silos between groups hinders communications, they are working on it

Exciting Business. Room to grow.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are smart, helpful, and very welcoming. The company culture is fun and customer-focused. I've had the opportunity to learn new skills and take on new projects since joining and I'm optimistic that I'll have opportunities to grow. Hands-down, the on boarding was the best I've ever experienced. Senior managers are approachable and the CEO regularly takes time to share the big picture with employees throughout the organization.

Cons

There have been the usual growing pains after merging two additional organizations into the company fold but employees seem to feel comfortable expressing frustration and managers seem willing to listen and act on suggestions.

One of the best places to work in Boston area

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Their biggest asset is their employees. Highly talented , motivated people always looking for opportunities to improve. Very encouraging executive team who genuinely care about their employees and actually listen to them. Everyone can make a difference here. The performance of the engineering teams is at an all time high. Kudos to the management team for reacting well.

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue to care for your employees and they will pay back with their loyalty

Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible and positive atmosphere. Coming from healthcare, now working for a company that supports healthcare, the environment is much more laid back and flexible but much more productive. I've always believed that if management relaxes on their employees that they will become more productive and effective, if the right staff is hired.

Cons

A remote workforce can be challenging, but they do a great job of making it better.

HealthcareSource really cares about its employees, its clients and its products

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

HealthcareSource has changed a lot over the past 1-2 years. Changes in some leadership positions and high attention to corporate culture and employee satisfaction have made a significant impact. It's the first place I've worked in a really long time that not only talks about the importance of a strong company culture, but actually believes in the culture and is working hard to improve it. In response to lack of professional development opportunities, the company has made a concerted effort over the past year to promote from within and provide coaching and development. The company truly recognizes that its people are its most important asset.

Cons

Having grown by acquisition, there continue to be silos especially across geographic locations, but this is not unique to HealthcareSource and something that the company is working to improve. While the company has an extremely strong customer focus, at times the internal enterprise/infrastructure is neglected which leads to obstacles and frustrations that don't need to exist but aren't prioritized.

Communication and transparency can always be improved, but in general I think we're on the right track and things will only continue to get better as we hire more great people and deliver great products and client satisfaction.