Healthesystems Reviews

Ron Roma

Healthesystems

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Healthesystems (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is one of the better paying employers in the Tampa area. The work isn't difficult and there isn't much stress.

Cons

I believe the company is over 10 years old and still going through growing pains.

Advice to Management

I believe that management is finally making an attempt to listen to the constructive criticism of its subordinate employees. Wether it will act on the advice an implement change to best practices remains to be seen.

COO

I have been working at Healthesystems

Pros

Love the people, the work, the work/life balance

Cons

The new COO is taking over and mowing down anyone opposing him. Senior and executive management are afraid to voice opposing opinions for fear of being humiliated or fired. COO talks a good game about collaboration and communication, but uses intimidation and fear to accomplish his mission - whatever that may be.

Advice to Management

The owner and president need to wake up and take a look at who they hired as COO.

One of the Worst Companies I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems

Pros

There are no pros about this company.

Cons

Have no clue how this company has succeeded, it treats its employees the worst I have ever seen

Advice to Management

get a grip on life and learn to respect people!

Good At First Then The Problems Began

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reasons at the time to work there really were the people. I met some of the most helpful coworkers I have ever met. QA was very easy to work with as well as my fellow coworker programmers. They also were pretty flexible in hours in that you could leave early and come in early (to beat the horrible rush hour). It usually was a 40 hour week.

Cons

Constant micromanagement and company politics. If someone didn't like you in the business or those in management they would try to make your life there painful. I worked on a disaster system that was always breaking. Every 6 months they would come up some critical issue like it was something new. 3 years of a every 6 month became a critical problem.

The system was poorly designed and they never bothered to redesign it (which would have fixed the design flaws). The technologies used are legacy and the lagged behind several years at any other company. There was lack of room for growth and learning about other areas of there business.

Most of all before I left they reorganized and got rid of some of the best middle management I have met who cared about the company and did good things for it.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and treat your employers with the respect they deserve. Listen to what they say and give them room to grow and learn other parts of the business and new technologies.

Good place to work if they would stop all the micromanaging and reorganizations

I have been working at Healthesystems (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and good people who mostly want you to be happy and fulfilled. The company is debt free

Cons

Little to no training..here's the job. .do it mentality..reactive not proactive.

Advice to Management

Slow down...Make time for employees..training, teaching and concerns.

Difficult to work in a non-trusting environment

Former Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees care about what they do and how they do it. Very collaborative team environment, pockets of outstanding individuals, appreciate work-life balance, friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Some of the Directors and VPs were unable to trust in the work of their teams. Some micro-managing and unending questions of your word and your work made it challenging to perform on a daily basis as you were worked in fear that you would have to justify each and every change, decision, statement along the way. Lots of company-wide initiatives were halted as leadership could not get on the same page.

Advice to Management

People don't quit their jobs, they quit their managers.

8. Review of Healthesystem

Former Employee - Data Analyst Predictive Statistician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Data Analyst Predictive Statistician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good and space and availability was there plus there was a local office in this city.

Cons

Some times work is more than one person and other people leave or some people take credit for work not theirs.

Advice to Management

9. Best company I have ever worked for. They really care about their employees and customers. The work environment is great

I have been working at Healthesystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Customer Service Center here in Tempe is a great place to work. Management really cares about their employees and continually make improvements to our work, environment and servce. They brought in a new manager a little over a year ago and she listened to us, made changes and turned this place around. Morale is awesome now. Management is very open, caring and fair and helps us strive to do our best. This is so unlike your typical call center. It's quiet and peaceful and they don't hold us to things like AHT, ACW and talk time. We have things we have to meet but the focus is on customer service and quality. The job is fast paced and low stress. Our customers like hearing from us or calling us for help. I enjoy my job, the people and I feel like I am making a difference.

Cons

Nothing really. We did have some people here that were difficult and created a negative energy but they aren't here anymore.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and giving us feedback.

10. AVP

I have been working at Healthesystems (more than a year)

Pros

Financially secure. Management looking at ensuring strategic growth is developed and enabled across the organization. New management/COO making changes not accustomed by organization but for the better from an ops, culture, and financial perspective

Cons

Too many changes too quickly across the organization however it's necessary. Will be in a better and secured place in the coming months

Overall a decent company to work for. Questionable management, very limited training resources.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthesystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Rapidly growing company, overall a decent place to work. Great benefits.

Cons

Low moral among employees. Consistent turnover within upper management. Various departments tolerate interactions with each other, versus working together proactively.

Advice to Management

Checks and balance systems required for upper management. Human Resource department have the company's best interest in mind first, employees second.

Healthesystems Photos