Healthfirst (New York)

www.healthfirstny.com

Healthfirst (New York) Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Pat Wang

Pros
  • Free coffee and tea is offered in every kitchen(in 3 reviews)

• My coworkers are for the most part very good people to work with(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • into their medicaid managed care plan with no regards to your work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

• IT is teeming with Indian consultants - maybe they are less expensive but it seems to be a great way of making no one responsible(in 4 reviews)

One of the best companies to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have the best medicare and medicaid sales training in the industry. Wonderful benefits and opportunity for growth.

ConsVery strict policies. No more than two weeks of consecutive vacation.

Great place to start your career

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAt Healthfirst I have encountered the ones of the nicest, most professional people that I ever worked with. The job is what it is but people make a whole lot of difference. The office culture is great, people are very friendly, my immediate supervisor was very always available for any assistance that I needed be it personal or professional.

ConsI had a late schedule and it didn't work for me.

It was a positive learning experience!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the best places to work for. I had a supportive manager. I learned a lot and as a result I was able to add a lot of value to the team.

ConsI had a positive experience. There were no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue mentoring your staff! I know it made me feel valued as an employee.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent work environment

Facilitated Enroller (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosannual raises
    bonus twice a year
    excellent management, very flexible and pushes you to do your best
    friendly work envorinment

ConsNo downsides here. Great company overall

Advice to Senior Managementpromote within the company for management positions rather than hiring from outside. A seasoned staff with prior knowledge and experience would be much more efficient and productive compared to a new hire from another agency outside of the company. Also, give compensation and raises more frequently to those who are deerving of it.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Field worker

ProsAble to work independently; Tool are given to complete the job succesfully.

ConsConstant changes within the healthcare system.

Great company values!

ProsHealthfirst has the desire to grow and push the organziation to the next level.

ConsGrowing pains are common and needed when a company changes and evloves to become better.

Healthfirst is a great company to work at!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsInternal growth, ability to put members first, offers wonderful working enviornment.

ConsThis is not really a con but Healthfirst is evolving into a efficient forward moving company and during this move companies have to deal with growing pains. This is normal and seems to maintain the customer and employee focus attitude. I give them great respect.

Taking your career in healthcare to new heights!

ProsIf you're looking for an innovative company that promotes career development, then Healthfirst is the place for you! I've had an exceptional experience in my time at Healthfirst thanks to structure, diversity, and overall opportunity this company has afforded me.

ConsNo cons; this is a great company to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more of your past career experiences with those who you manage. It's always good to hear how someone made it to the top!

Very engaging and transparent

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEngaging staff that are excited by their environment and culture. Company sponsors a lot of health related and fun events. Constant open communication from the top. Good balance of autonomy and deiverables. There's a strong emphasis on employee referrals as to keep the organic pleasant work environment.

ConsSalaries could be higher for some roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop staff, know what motivates them and encourge cross departmental networking

My experience at Healthfirst has been opportunities for growth.

Member Services Representative (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsBenefits
    Growth Opportunities
    Salary
    Company Events
    401 K plan

ConsLittle area of growth in Lake Mary office because the company is based in New York.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to management is to continue creating growth for membership within the Healthfirst organization and continue to make employees the company as stated in the Mission Statement.

Worked for Healthfirst (New York)? Contribute to the Community!