Healthgrades Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Roger C. Holstein

Pros
  • I also appreciate the downtown Denver scene, keeping things social and fun (in 6 reviews)

• Fast paced, high tech environment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Little career growth opportunity (in 3 reviews)

• Healthgrades has had growing pains (in 3 reviews)

1. A Positive Experience on a Great Team

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time

Pros

- I work with intelligent and driven people every day. - Open door policy with management - The company culture is engaging and positive. It's an environment that encourages learning, growth and development. - Benefits and work life balance are a definite plus - With the information that we generate, we are making a difference in people’s lives - Downtown location

Cons

- Could improve on our work from home policy - No parking assistance or RTD assistance for downtown location

Advice to Management

It seems like we're constantly growing. Remember to slow down and give people the tools they need to be successful as things grow and change. Remember to keep adapting.

2. Great opportunity in a growing market

I have been working at Healthgrades

Pros

I get to work with many new technologies and see innovation in technology as applied to healthcare

Cons

Many competitors nipping at our heals

3. Great Place to learn & grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of smart people doing some really cool technology and product innovations. A culture of innovation with 3 day Challenges with a shark tank, anyone can submit ideas, Ice-cream socials, DONUTS - genuine with each other, always trying to push the envelope. A mission oriented company.

Cons

sometimes its too busy with many projects at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep going. Growth has been great and the innovative ways to contribute to society keep coming.

5. Customer Support Representative

Current Employee - Customer Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Healthgrades

Pros

I like the team effort to change and solving problems for the providers and admin.

Cons

Not always having the appropriate answer to every question that comes across the phone or chat line.

Advice to Management

My boss is very busy and so sometimes not every answer is addressed right away. But I have a very kind and caring boss. Would not change it for anything.

6. Overall a Good Company

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in Madison, WI

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time

Pros

- Not perfect, but the tools employees have access to are pretty user-friendly. - Medical, company bonus, and 401K benefits are pretty solid. - Talented and hard-working co-workers.

Cons

- Company has had three different presidents in the past 2 years. (CEO has been with the company for a while.) - My particular position's base starting salary is not great.

Amazing Place to Work

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time

Pros

New and exciting opportunities for growth (personally and professionally) every day, supportive managers, fun activities and people, lots of perks. Great work-life balance depending on your department.

Cons

Organization is very silo'd. Not a ton of communication between the many departments.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting employees and continue the great fundamentals of keeping them happy. A happy employee is a happy company.

Just a bad situation

Current Employee - Marketer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Marketer in Madison, WI

I have been working at Healthgrades

Pros

The people you work with as peers are great. Laid back culture in Madison. The pay for my position has been adequate. I like my boss that I report to.

Cons

Unorganized. Not strategic. Run by a finance department. Under resourced. Extreme goals without wanting to invest in them. Outdated hospital solutions. And no hope of improvement with finance looking to flip the business as soon as possible. The sales organization as a whole is dysfunctional. There have been two presidents in one year. Staff turnover is rapid. The consumer side is really good at data, but the hospital side is terrible at it. I would seriously reconsider or reevaluate any decision to come here.

Advice to Management

Give the business to someone who cares about its success. It's got a lot of potential if you can remove the top tier of leadership.

9. It's OK

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Healthgrades full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Start up Environment - so you dont have to wear suit and tie! Great Product - People use this site everyday! Cool Office

Cons

Start Up - Growing pains. You wear lots of hats and the place is un organized

10. Dunder Mifflin of health technology

Current Employee - Strategic Marketing in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Strategic Marketing in Madison, WI

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

5 stars for work-life balance because no one is actually working, but paychecks keep coming and incompetent VPs are continually promoted.

Cons

This company has amazing production value and PR spin. Their ability to give the illusion of technological capabilities and "products" is nothing short of impressive. Each year the annual Health Share Symposium is the epicenter of this charade where the company spends +millions to hire very high profile speakers and demo video mock-ups of future product enhancements. The result is a perpetuated hoax against hospital marketers who continue to write massive checks for "solutions" which drive minimal value to the bottom line. FACT: The infrastructure and existing products are very much broken. Visionary CEO can't figure out vision and product and sales teams are in constant shuffle. As a result smaller highly focused competitors are grabbing market-share from this once dominant player.

Advice to Management

If you want your team to perform, perhaps you should figure out your vision and actually stick with it for more than a quarter instead of constantly pivoting based on what the competition is doing.

11. Old schoolers and outdated products stand in the way of success.

Former Employee - Director in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Director in Madison, WI

I worked at Healthgrades full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a handful of great people in the hospital side of the business who understand what is needed in the market. The consumer side of the business (Healthgrades.com) is really great. Lots of very smart people making things happen, keeping up with today's technology. Overall there are a lot of nice people that work in this organization in all divisions.

Cons

There are a number of old schoolers in the hospital division, unwilling to move forward in today's market. Hospital products that used to be number 1 in the market are in need of serious modernization. The competition is going to wipe out the hospital business unless something changes very soon. Employees are losing faith and leaving.

Advice to Management

Tough decisions need to be made to succeed in the hospital division. Re-org the hospital side of business to better service hospital clients in this new age of marketing. Get rid of the handful of human roadblocks that are driving the Madison organization into the ground. For those that stay and want to get on board with today's marketing, train them. Products are falling woefully behind. Fix the problems standing in the way of product modernization including removing human resources who are not current in the needs of the market, unwilling to move forward and not customer focused, as well as correcting the technical infrastructure issues. Research the competition, get up to their level, then surpass them.

RSS Feed </> Embed