Healthgrades

Roger C. Holstein

Great place to work!

(Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsManagement listens to clients and grows with their demands. Very client focused. Team atmosphere. Committed employees for the most part. Treats employees like adults.

ConsManagement a little slow to weed out dead weight. In a team oriented atmosphere this can have a real impact on productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't allow employee morale to suffer because of a few bad eggs.

Posers who claim to have "clinical knowledge" evaluating health care

Everyone Here IS An Analyst (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsExpensive nice office in downtown Denver

ConsClueless Clicky Unprofessional people coming to work in t shirts and flip flops, no one works, always on vacation, think they are milking the buyout cash until it runs out. The talk is very negative towards healthcare providers, very biased, and they lack the clinical knowledge to make recommendations to their clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the "posers" and the clicks in the office including those of you who hired each other because of your allegiences. If you want to consult, you are going to have to raise the bar and loose the bias, and get rid of the unprofessional flip flop wearing people that just won't be taken seriously. Conflict in discussions means there is something wrong, your people are not taken seriously in the industry for obvious reasons, no experience clinically, flip flops and t shirts, you won't make it.

Good place to work

Pros401k worked out great. Also, there are some good people in the technology area of the company. Overall, it's been decent.

ConsIt's very rare to see a promotion come around. More people come in from the outside.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid at All Costs!

Manager, Hospital Partnerships (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsSmart people. Made few friends. Enjoy healthcare.

ConsI laugh when I read the first few posts below about free pizza and other fluff that no one care about. You can tell that HG's HR team is writing these posts. This place is pure hell.

When it comes to things that matter most, this company fails HUGE. Here is what you need to know:

-employee turnover is constant (and there is correlation and impact on clients as well)
    -No promotions. No pay raises.
    -Politics everywhere. The ones that try and assert power are ones with limited experience.
    -Sales team is unprofessional using old techniques rude behaviors to manage objections and attempt to close deals
    -Finance will often hijack employee pay and make excuses for not paying commissions. I often had to call about my paycheck and they would try and renegoiate salary over the phone. This was unreal and it happened on two occassions.
    -Outdated technology and platform.
    -No career growth. They bring in a lot of mid-level people and never promote them.
    -Culture is horrid

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen Vestar bought HG, the plan was to be public in 2014. Well, its the halfway point of the year. Revenue is way down form when they bought it. The end is near, folks!!

Only if Your Desperate

Des (Former Employee)
    Madison, WI

ProsHealthcare is a growing sector. I learned a thing or two at HG

ConsThis place is in a downward spiral. I will be brief

-politics is unlike anything I ever experienced
    -pay is awful
    -finance team notorious for playing games with paychecks and commissions
    -people rewarded for under performance
    -unprofessional sales leaders
    -staggering turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere is that return on your investment Vestar? Time to pull out. Party over

Growing Company and hiring more everyday

Denver, CO

ProsThis company is transforming into a new consumer brand. There are Great opportunites to learn and grow with this company.
    We not only work hard but we enjoy our fun events like Ice Cream socials, bring your child to work day, leader chats.
    Lunch and learns

ConsWe still have some issues between the Denver and Madison offices. Power struggle, but each team is working hard to overcome this.

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice those of us who have been here awhile, we are here because we believe in what the company does.

Fast-paced, innovative and fun!

(Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGreat central downtown location in Denver. Tons of fun events like Ice Cream socials, Code-a-thons, free lunch and dinners - during deadlines, ping-pong/foosball tables, and even pumpkin carving contests cross offices. Management listens - and recently they went through an extensive employee survey and there was extensive followup with employees. The equipment has improved (computers, etc).

If you work at HealthGrades you are working with some of the best and brightest people in Denver. Feels a lot like a startup. Lots of room for advancement.

ConsThe fire damage in Denver is taking too long to complete - which impacts team cohesion. Give the employees free coke and soft drinks. Redecorate the office. Have a summer picnic and include family events.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a product more like OpenTable and Yelp that allows consumers to enter open-ended comments about their doctors. Improve the cost of medical coverage.

Total Failure

Director (Current Employee)
    Madison, WI

ProsThere were some sharp people who once worked there. I learned a lot from some talented people

ConsThe upper and middle management are clowns and cheerleaders who know zilch about healthcare. The politics are insane and if you are in sales you need to constantly worry about actually getting paid what you earn. Finance is always looking for reasons to not pay people. They just held a client conference and force you to pounce on prospects and sell them til they blue in face in most unprofessional way.

Also, clients are leaving each day for better digital solutions. It's a total mess trying to satisfy clients with an obsolete platform.

Needless to say, I'm already looking for something else

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave. Retire. Sell the company. It's a failure.

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsMet some great people along the way and who were originally with HealthGrades, but they left a few years ago - and for good reason.

ConsWhere do I begin. The politics and the favoritism is awful. They promoted a handful of terrible sales people to the national accounts team after they each brought in under $100K in total sales in 2013. Overall, I would leave here if I could as the environment has become toxic resulting in poor sales performance, high turnover, and politics.

I would leave in a flash, but I would leave a ton of commission on the table. Unfortunately, I have to stay for awhile

Advice to Senior ManagementSell. Sell. Sell. You have proven to not know how to run this company.

Re-Org in progress

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolutions are top notch and impressive

ConsCompany is very political which is difficult between Madison and Denver

Worked for Healthgrades? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Healthgrades reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Healthgrades CEO Roger C. Holstein . All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Healthgrades employees.