Healthgrades

Healthgrades Reviews

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014

Roger C. Holstein

Really smart devs but somewhat slow development

Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Healthgrades full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of brilliant software developers and a very competent CTO tech-wise.

Cons

Doesn't fully utilize the abilities of the software developers and instead devotes intelligent people to menial tasks. Allow them to utilize their skills ... let loose the hounds!

- Don't overuse your lead devs or they will inevitably leave.

- Take a risk and assign a small group to creative development!

- Formalize the onboarding process.

Wonderful company to work for

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has far exceeded my expectations for the way it treats it's employees. The benefits that it offers are amazing and the way that people treat each other is great to experience every day. I look forward to coming to work each day and hope to be here for a long time. As an added note, I just found out that the benefits include 12 weeks full paid maternity leave, of which I will take advantage of early next year. I was completely floored to find this out. What a wonderful way to value and empower female employees. So thankful. (Another side: the company contributes to my 401K weather I choose to contribute or not. Really amazing).

Cons

It's not a bad thing, but if change and fast-pace is not your thing this is not the place for you. We move quickly and it's important to voice your opinions using whatever data you have. Once a decision is made, get on board and don't look back. I find it to be a wonderful work environment, but it's not for everyone.

Thank you for valuing your employees. Please continue along the path that has brought us here. I understand there are discussions for addition benefits such as public transportation and health club benefits. That would be an awesome addition to all you already do for us.

Overworked. Underpaid.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Healthgrades

Pros

- Free coffee
    - Great peers within department

Cons

- Deadlines are insane and people are overworked
    - Pay should be higher for what is demanded
    - No Gym Membership

- Get connected with whats actually happening on the floor
    - Reconsider project deadlines
    - Unlimited Vacation Policy would be nice, so that people have some incentive for working so hard
    - Give employees Free Gym Memberships

Great people to work with but not much career growth potential.

I have been working at Healthgrades

Pros

The people you work with and work-life balance.

Cons

Not much room for career growth I've found.

Healthgrades: Denver HQ

I worked at Healthgrades

Pros

Healthcare Technology vertical, unlimited potential in this space over the coming years.
    Decent compensation and benefits.
    Casual environment, great office location.

Cons

Healthgrades culture is in crisis. There is a serious inability to align teams, projects and priorities. This has lead to massive turnover across Development, QA, Marketing. So much potential, but a lack of leadership is dramatically affecting the culture.

Terminate Me, Please!

Current Employee - Sales Director (DES) in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Director (DES) in Madison, WI

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Occasional warm breakfast
    -coffee machine (but often broken)
    -decorations pleasing to the eye
    -friendly people
    -free laptop

Cons

There is a constant sense of insanity going on inside this company and it impacts everyone. I am experiencing health problems now, which my doctor attributed to my work at HG.

The insanity is driven by a level of politics and backstabbing that is unthinkable for a large company. Additionally, we have experienced slow growth and it has caused continous restructuring as we head into 2015. Even worse, employees like myself have experienced missed pay periods where finance team literally opts to not pay us at all. I have seen other such comments posted and its the TRUTH. Im told we are preparing for something big in 2015 and our finance team is getting skittish over our profitability, but its no excuse. I do not need to chase down people to simply get my earned salary.

In close, please avoid this place at all costs. The outlook of this company is extremely poor.

Dear Vestar,

Restructure debt and sell company. It has failed. time to move on.

Organizational schizophrenia

I worked at Healthgrades

Pros

There will always be an opening for a new sales person because the voluntary turnover is very high and the real earners leave for more stability in their territories.

Cons

The field team has been reorganized several times in the last 2 years which has confused and disappointed customers. Further, the sales team has been demoralized as accounts, territories and regions changed unnecessarily.

Research sales organizational structures that are effective and successful instead experimenting every other quarter.

One of the worst companies in the Denver area to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Healthgrades full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are in a business that could help make a difference if properly executed.

Cons

The technical folks in this small firm remind me of toads in a well - they haven't seen much else and they think they know it all. Gun culture and talk is rampant and very little professionalism is seen. I saw a couple of guys threaten to shoot each other, then later pretend it was all in jest. Technical quality is poor and Management vision/ability is even worse. Inter-group fighting and back talking is seen everywhere.

Look around, stop being so egotistical and try to learn something... there are people and companies all around you that are better qualified and executing well.

Healthgrades has far exceeded my expectations as an employer.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Madison, WI

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Healthgrades is an innovative organization which is continually undergoing positive changes to make the organization stronger. The leadership at Healthgrades is extremely transparent and they treat all employees equally regardless of your title. Healthgrades has a lot of opportunity for career growth. Healthgrades offers competitive pay and has a very friendly atmosphere. Healthgrades is very focused on employee wellness and offers a lot of incentive programs and challenges to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

I have yet to encounter any cons with regard to my employment at Healthgrades.

Good and bad, like any company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really like working at Healthgrades. The location in downtown Denver is great, benefits package is really great as well (401k, options for medical coverage, maternity/paternity leave, etc.). The place is growing like crazy and the people really are the "best and brightest" - I've never worked with such a talented and intelligent group of people. The innovation is really remarkable. The company does do a lot of fun things like company outings (baseball games, picnics, Holiday Parties), monthly social activities and a cool wellness program.

Cons

Like anywhere, there are challenges. Managers need more/better training and in general, there should be better development opportunities.

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.