Healthland

Angela Franks

Contract project manager

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible. Paid well. Let me do my job with out micro managing.

Cons

Very little process. Negative attitudes toward customers.

Talk with each other and treat your customers with more respect.

Grew technically speaking by leaps and bounds but at a cost. Over time to many hats to wear and to many hours at work.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Healthland full-time

Pros

Great co-workers along with a great diversity of work to do. Very challenging and if you put the effort in, there is a lot you will learn which will help you grow in your career.

Cons

To many hours for many. For too long many decisions were made with insufficient or bad data.

Listen to those who have been there for a long time as they have valuable input.

Never dull but highly disorganized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good, compensation is competitive, benefits are nice, individual contributors are talented and easy to work with.

Cons

Immature organization, lack of accountability, constant firefighting. Far too many initiatives are a result of poor design, poor planning, and poor implementation.

Take a breath, set some achievable goals, communicate them with the organization, and let the team do the work. Don't let the first 'urgent' issue derail these initiatives.

I love working with this company

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management is very open to your concerns and questions. They are also consistent of their requirements of you. My manager gives me timely reviews every three months or so. They have a lot of positions that allow you to work remote or alternate hours. The benefits are very good, specially the medical. We often get little thank you cards with gift cards from several vendors as well as outings and such. We also get bonuses. Lots of mentoring.

Cons

They are in transition and growing fast, which is great. This means that they expect you to learn very quickly. The first months of employment are stressful and a little rushed, but after three months, you are good to go. They have improved this by adding a mentoring component the last couple of months.

Less outside consultants. We have many consultants through a third party company. I will said that a third of them are FANTASTIC, but the rest not so much. I would quickly weed out those that are not up to par and hire those that are.

Expect to give "over and above" for this company.

I have been working at Healthland

Pros

This company is fairly good at soliciting input from their customer base in order to meet their needs. Benefit package is fair but not great.

Cons

Salaries low in comparison to the company's expectations. Employees could work 80 hours a week and still fall behind in their workloads. A liberal vacation/time-off policy is worthless if you can't use it.

The hiring process is too complicated and drawn out. This is creating workloads for existing employees that are unrealistic and unmanageable.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly people and great coworkers. A market leader in critical access and rural hospital EHR. Customers are friendly and great to work with! They are beginning to step up their game when it comes to showing appreciation of their employees and contractors.

Cons

A work in progress!

Keep on working to show appreciation of the employees. Standardize your training of the customer! Everyone wants to do their job correctly with management's blessing!

Ask a lot of questions.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland full-time

Pros

There are a lot of good dedicated individuals that work at the company with a vast amount of healthcare knowledge.

Cons

Chaos - the upper management has changed a lot. The direction to move to a new platform was not well thought out and extremely difficult to achieve with the majority of the development being done overseas.

The only guarentee is change and it's not necessarily positive change.

Establish US development if you want to be successful.

Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Healthland full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My experience as an implementation consultant has been great. The travel is extensive but this was expected and I was prepared for it. the software is solid and has room for improvement but so do all Healthcare EMR providers. The industry is fairly new and it is a learning experience for all companies. I highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

Be prepared to travel if you are an implementation consultant. If you are unwilling or unsure about traveling at least 70% of your 365 days then do a second take. If you say, bring on the travel and all the perks it has to offer, then sign up! The travel is great if you are prepared for it.

Keep supporting your staff and your software.

Not very ggod

Former Employee - Software Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Software Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The colleagues that I workd with.

Cons

Poor management team without compassion.

None.

My experience at Healthland has been positive with the exception of finding out that my job was being relocated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Healthland

Pros

Healthland has good benefits for their employees as well as a very liberal paid time off policy. Management also seem to be quite accessable to their employees.

Cons

One downside to working at healthland are that they don't have systems that are integrated to work together. The main downside is that they are relocating their entire accounting and finance team to Minneapolis, MN which eliminates my position at my location.

My advice to the leadership at Healthland would be to make a concerted effort to keep the employees aprised of major changes within the company that may effect their positions.