Healthland Reviews

Good place to work

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Healthland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people and great coworkers. A market leader in critical access and rural hospital EHR. Customers are friendly and great to work with! They are beginning to step up their game when it comes to showing appreciation of their employees and contractors.

Cons

A work in progress!

Keep on working to show appreciation of the employees. Standardize your training of the customer! Everyone wants to do their job correctly with management's blessing!

Ask a lot of questions.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland full-time

Pros

There are a lot of good dedicated individuals that work at the company with a vast amount of healthcare knowledge.

Cons

Chaos - the upper management has changed a lot. The direction to move to a new platform was not well thought out and extremely difficult to achieve with the majority of the development being done overseas.

The only guarentee is change and it's not necessarily positive change.

Establish US development if you want to be successful.

Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Healthland full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience as an implementation consultant has been great. The travel is extensive but this was expected and I was prepared for it. the software is solid and has room for improvement but so do all Healthcare EMR providers. The industry is fairly new and it is a learning experience for all companies. I highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

Be prepared to travel if you are an implementation consultant. If you are unwilling or unsure about traveling at least 70% of your 365 days then do a second take. If you say, bring on the travel and all the perks it has to offer, then sign up! The travel is great if you are prepared for it.

Keep supporting your staff and your software.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not very ggod

Former Employee - Software Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Software Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Healthland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The colleagues that I workd with.

Cons

Poor management team without compassion.

None.

My experience at Healthland has been positive with the exception of finding out that my job was being relocated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Healthland

Pros

Healthland has good benefits for their employees as well as a very liberal paid time off policy. Management also seem to be quite accessable to their employees.

Cons

One downside to working at healthland are that they don't have systems that are integrated to work together. The main downside is that they are relocating their entire accounting and finance team to Minneapolis, MN which eliminates my position at my location.

My advice to the leadership at Healthland would be to make a concerted effort to keep the employees aprised of major changes within the company that may effect their positions.

Fast growing company with a large, established client base experiencing growing pains

I worked at Healthland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market leader in the critical access and smaller community hospital market; customers are very willing to share ideas and opinions about software or designs.

Cons

True product management is not supported within the organization; strategy and implementation are driven by the executive team instead of the product management team; use of Agile techniques are strictly for development, not for design or analysis.

Quality assurance has made significant positive strides in the last two years, but the design and prioritization of software development needs true product management (not sales, marketing, or software engineering) involvement to achieve the fast-paced milestones set within the company.

Worked for Healthland? Contribute to the Community!