Healthplex Reviews

22 reviews filtered by
3.3
Sharon Zelkind

1. Gave me what I needed

Former Employee - Provider Site Change Representative/Customer Service in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Healthplex (more than a year)

Pros

Except for it being very strict with all kinds of policies and rules, phones never stop ringing, calls monitored and you get qualiy scores. You can make extra money buy doing good on quality and taking alot of calls. I had some run ins with upper management and they were cool, as far as bosses go I guess. I left after a few months. Now I'm in a different call center and it is so much worse here. There are no policies which is cool until it's not. Too much crazy drama with supervisors and other coworkers. Benefits suck. If it wasn't so far from my home id go back to Healthpjex. Healthplex did give me the skills I needed to be one of the best call reps where I am and looking back I owe them that because I got like no training where I am now. So I used what I learned at Healthplex like the MAGIC and HIPPA training and they have me experience dealing with difficult calls. So thank you Healthplex for that, with my kids and mortgage it really helps because I'm the best rep where I sm now and that's like job security and probably a promotion. Can't put a price in that, not these days.

Cons

The phone calls were so abusive, not Healthplex fault but that's hard to deal with when you're new

Maybe pay more money so people don't look for other jobs

2. This has definitely been a big learning experience - just wish the bosses were kind people.

I have been working at Healthplex

Pros

If you excel at what you do here you will be promoted. You are trained in many different ways and are shown how to do everything that it helps to prepare you for your lifelong career. It is a learning experience.

Cons

Working here has been very stressful, an overwhelming amount of work ever since the Exchange was brought on. The volume is way too large and more people need to be hired for all of the extra work but more people have left the department than new hires.

My advice to management would be to be kind to your staff. Show your appreciation for everything they do. They work so hard and rather than being shown appreciation are shown criticism for what they did not do. Also, refrain from rolling your eyes at employees or making fun of your staff behind their backs. it is unprofessional and it makes us wonder what you say about us when we are not around. It depends on what department you work in but the Accounting department is very stressful.

3. There are worse places out there by far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

i haven't been working here too long. But I worked for a lot of places that didn't give the training I received at Healthplex. My job is pretty easy. I change people's dentist for them over the phone. I have worked in other call centers that I won't name that gave barely any training and had laid off people when they list business. From what I have heard even when Healthplex was going through a tough spot after losing a big group they didn't lay a single person off. That's nice to know. At 16+ an hour for what I'm doing I can't beat it. Benefits rock. I was told by so many people how mean management is but after meeting with them about a personal matter I couldn't believe how nice they were to me. My team lead seems a little out there but my supervisor is such a nice guy. Well there are four supervisors from what I understand and three out of four are so nice. I hope I can stay here and grow with the company but even if I can't the knowledge I'm learning I feel like I could rock it out at any call center now.

Cons

the policies are very annoying. It's a call center so I get it and it's not that it's more strict than other companies I worked for but it doesn't seem to be handled evenly across the board. Seems to depend on who your team lead or supervisor is.

try to be more consistent when applying policies.

5. Very Good Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Where to begin? The benefits are great. Free dental coverage!! They respect my need to be out on FMLA due to a back injury. When I am able to work I usually achieve the incentives every month. Two incentives actually... productivity and quality. The training was great. I've heard that before my trainer was doing the training the training wasn't as good but my experience was great. He was so knowledgeable and nice to my whole class. They use something called MAGIC for the soft skills. It can be pretty robotic but when you are answering as many calls as I do that "roboticness" comes in handy in helping me achieve good quality scores. It can be pretty stressful but not compared to motherhood!! ;) From what I understand Healthplex kind of works for a lot of the medicaid and medicare HMO companies and that is the reason that the quality is so hard. That wasn't explained to me which would have helped but I had a serious talk with one of my supervisors (very nice man) and he explained how it all fits together. I've already been told that I will be moving up soon to commercial which is a promotion. That made me feel good although i have heard that is way harder than the government lines.

Cons

The fact that I needed to ask a supervisor to connect the dots for me about what I do and why Healthplex needs to be as strict with their policies speaks to a lack of communication between the supervisors/managers and the representatives.

There should be more meetings with the staff that would help us understand why certain policies exist and what is at stake when we do not adhere to them.

6. Not a bad place to work....

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been there a few years. I understand the negative comments to a degree. This is a no nonsense company. I used to take calls for Medicaid plans and the quality was very hard and very strict. I was paid extra money for taking a lot of calls but I had trouble getting hight enough quality scores to get extra money. Management has never spoken down to me (I won't say they are the nicest either) but they told it to me straight and helped me when I needed help. I moved up in the department and will probably move up again. You just need to come in and work and go home. The benefits are very good. Healthplex pays outlet dental, I pay copays but no premium, they don't have to do that. Just like they didn't have to give people that were hurt real bad by Sandy money either but they did. I like it here, I avoid the social nonsense and that seems to be the key.

Cons

Quality is very hard. Management should communicate more with the staff.

More communication and positive reinforcement.

Great Place To Work

I have been working at Healthplex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Healthplex for a few months now and I am really enjoying my experience. My supervisor is honest, fair, and consistent and the people here are so nice! I have worked for a few different cultures (good and bad) and this one is definitely top 5. There are a lot more roles here than just customer service which was my misconception.

Cons

The travel is a little far for me but that is a personal issue that I plan to fix this year. I haven't come across any "cons" in my department thus far.

Highly successful, stable and growing company!

I have been working at Healthplex

Pros

This company has been around for awhile and just continues to grow at a steady rate. The people are the greatest thing about working here. Everyone is so supportive and it really feels like a team. Beautiful building too.

Cons

Company is working on offering more work from home opportunities.

9. The mindgame of a lifetime

I worked at Healthplex

Pros

Decent pay. Benefits. Location. Parking. Building has a gym on site. A ccoubting got free beverages and ordered lunch put once a month. Summer hours.

Cons

Management within accounting was as dysfunctional as it gets. Being told what to do by no less than 3 different managers; each telling you to do something different in a different way from one another, then being reprimanded and written up for not following the others way... over and over. Once I was fired I was honestly relieved that the mindgames were over. The CFO was a complete uppity snob.

Fire the devil wears prada wannabe CFO and put in actual managers who arent concerned about how fabulous they and their family appear to others.

10. Run!!!!

I have been working at Healthplex

Pros

Decent pay,nice building,full time positions

Cons

Micromanaged , monitored and recorded . . . On calls and scrutinized for saying words that are in your everyday vocab, such as I'm sorry no problem and um!!!!!!! Magic training is for a robot.

They need to learn how to manage better and stop embarrassing they're emoloyees.... And putting so much pressure on employees to be perfect !!!! Practice what they preach !!!!! And act more professional .

11. Disgraceful

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Healthplex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

$16 dollars pay and early Friday's in the summer all dental is free or super discounted.

Cons

The organization of this company is chaotic. They do not allow you to work past your 35 hours Unless they really need it (so no overtime until you actually go over 40 hours which is rare) Dictatorship, ruthless supervisors, the people who work there for years only look out for themselves and people they like. If your disliked for whatever reason they do everything to make it impossible for you to receive your bonus at the end of the month. (Quality grading of your calls) it's a high turnover job (they fire you before your 6months) they will place you on the floor without fully being trained and then fire you when they do not need you anymore. They expect you to give your 100% but when it comes to the employees they give less than 20%.

Management or higher authority that actually cares should take a better look at how the employees are being treated.

Healthplex Photos