Healthtrax Reviews

Kenneth F. Navarro

We are family!

Current Employee - Group Fitness Director in Bethel Park, PA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Director in Bethel Park, PA

I have been working at Healthtrax full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked in the fitness industry nearly 20 years in multiple roles. From an instructor, to trainer, to manager, to a presenter. Healthtrax has been my home for the last 11 years. The reason I've stayed 'home' is that I've never worked at any club that was this close 'behind the scenes'. Employees are like family. We support one another, cheer on one another and grieve with one another. This club has 'heart'. The staff is caring and compassionate and so are our members. We have the nicest, most caring members, many we consider friends. This sense of family is the key to being happy in your job! As Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz, 'There's no place like home' and Healthtrax is my home because we have such an amazing, supportive family that is dedicated to their work, the club and each other. I've grown up in this family! Starting as an instructor when the Bethel Park center, moving up to Group Fitness Director and now have the honor of being the National Group Fitness director.

Cons

Sometimes, members can be challenging and can be a bit abrasive. But, with the help of my family of co-workers, I've learned not to take it personally.

Long Hours. Unfit managers. Employee competition for sales is cut throat.

Former Employee - Membership Advisor in North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Membership Advisor in North Haven, CT

I worked at Healthtrax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing. I loved our receptionist and business manager..who they also let go.

Cons

The pay, the hours, the constant unless meetings that don't help. Managers stealing your sales and writing it on their commission. Shadey place to work in sales.

Start training your staff.

Inspired by co-workers & members served every day!

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Healthtrax full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Hardest working, caring group of people who are making a difference in people's lives. People come to work energetic and ready to lift the spirits of those around them.

Cons

Accepting that you can't get through to everyone and some people slip through the cracks of reaching their full potential of improved health & fitness.

Keep catching us doing something right and giving positive reinforcement and redirect us so we don't make the same mistake twice. The Company's annual awards & recognition and meeting is a great way to showcase staff achievements and the town meetings with local awards have been really fun.

STAY AWAY!

Former Employee - Membership Advisor in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Membership Advisor in Enfield, CT

I worked at Healthtrax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I get to use the facility

Cons

The management tries to make more money for themselves by cutting position and firing great employees or as posted before "LEANING" out the staff so that they don't lose their job. They are so behind in bills so they keep cutting, until you have someone spread so thin struggling to do multiple positions and unhappy members. Great employees leave for how they are treated: with disrespect.

Respect your team and they will respect you. If you keep your team happy and motivated your company and your employees will do the work for you- in return you won't have to worry about hot water shutting off, repo of a copier machine or electricity going out because you didn't pay the correct bills. Put more trust in your team and stop thinking so short term or else you'll have no future with your company.

Great place for a group fitness instructor

Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor

I have been working at Healthtrax part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

First, this is the opinion of someone who, like most group fitness instructors, works only a few hours a week, so it may be different from a full-time or even typical part-time person. The facilities for group fitness are good, preformatted Mossa and instructor-formatted classes coexist well, and trainings are available for a reduced price, sometimes free. Instructors are treated like full members of the team with not only full membership privileges but invitations to employee events and employee recognition awards. FInally, Healthtrax is not just a fitness club, but committed to total wellness due to its association with various healthcare facilities.

Cons

The group fitness program doesn't get quite the attention it needs to keep classes full. There are continually some problems with things broken or not quite right all around the facility - not too bad, they would be entirely acceptable at a typically priced club, but Healthtrax is premium priced. Staff is very polite about explaining to members what the problems are, but it doesn't quite make up for them not getting the full value they are paying for.

Fully embrace the recommendations of Mossa for promoting group fitness and devote just as much attention to maintenance of the facility as to the quality of service provided by staff.

Best Fitness Company I have Ever Worked For

I have been working at Healthtrax full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Healthtrax really cares about it's people and customers. It is a tough and demanding industry and the company is willing to try new things and change things that aren't working. Going through LEAN management to help staff be more successful and satisfied. Work SMARTER not HARDER.

Cons

This is a 7 day a week service business and not the highest paying field. The rewards come if you really like to be with and help people. Support your team and service the members adds meaning to my life. Will it yours?

Your annual awards and recognition of employees is really cool. It would be great to have more opportunities to bring staff from other locations together for best practice sharing and to learn from one another. Come and see us in the field to catch us doing something right!

outdated management

Former Employee - Membership Advisor in Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - Membership Advisor in Glastonbury, CT

I worked at Healthtrax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best reason to work here? Cause you can't find any other job.....

Cons

Low low low pay...no incentives ....sales people are thieves and managers are fake

Quit treating your employees like crap and pay them better so they can treat customers better....CEO is never seen..who the hell is Kenneth Navarro?

Unhappy employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

I have been working at Healthtrax full-time

Pros

The industry, other fellow employees, being able to use the facility yourself and your family

Cons

Lack of respect for employees, abuses employees time and WANT to move forward in the company, over promises under delivers

Stop trying to save money, treat your employees better and keeping them happy and enjoying their jobs will in turn make you more money. Happy employees, happy clients.

Membership Sales

I worked at Healthtrax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Healthy work environment. Decent sales training.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals. Hard industry

Healthtrax Fitness and Wellness

I worked at Healthtrax full-time

Pros

Members are great, treat you well

Cons

Management is poor, unapproachable and standoffish