Heart Institute of East Texas

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
1.0

CEO

You don't want to work here

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Lufkin, TX
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Heart Institute of East Texas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unfortunately there is nothing to say that is positive about this place other than many lessons were learned in the short time I was an employee. I learned how one tyrannical individual completely holds this practice hostage.....it will never meet its fullest potential because it will never be anything more but a East Texas Mom and Pop shop......

Cons

Where do I begin......this is by far the most toxic place I have ever worked. Leadership which really consists of one very narcissistic individual is done through fear and intimidation. This office has employee turnover, to include administrators at 75% above the MGMA best practices benchmarks......in one year this practice has employed and terminated 4-5 administrators and are once again recruiting an administrator....it is quite obvious that there is one common denominator in this and that is the dysfunction of this practice. Employees are not respected or acknowledged at all.......compensation for employees is abysmal and yearly increases are not a reality except for a chosen few. The tone and culture in this office Is certainly not professional.......very oppressive and toxic.

Management needs to get a clue and enter the 21st century in understanding BUSINESS....YOU will never have a functioning office as long as you believe leadership is intimidation and fear.....you are setting this practice up for a work place violence suit.......the two primary abusers know who they are and honesty they are nothing more than bullies.....leadership needs to take a course or two in management ......not micro managing either......you get a lot more from your staff if you allow them to do their job......employee moral spikes, job satisfaction improves, and productivity increases.....needless to say this practice really is clueless. I would not recommend this practice to anyone for employment........people deserve better than this place can offer.

Management has no respect toward their employees and I wouldn't advise anyone to work here.

Former Employee - Employee That Left By Choice in Lufkin, TX
    Former Employee - Employee That Left By Choice in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Heart Institute of East Texas

Pros

Doctors are great to work for. Management is there downfall.
    Some Holidays off and usually off work by 6:00pm.
    Good employees to work with.
    Good workload/employee ratio.

Cons

Promised great benefits and raises that will never come.
    Stressful place to work caused by management
    You're treated like you're in preschool; No gum chewing, No cell phone use, and no internet. (Even wifi is blocked)
    Cant trust anyone.
    People are sent around to see what other people are doing and report back to management. (lots of snitches)
    Patients are made to wait for office visits for hours.

Please stop treating people like they're worthless. Let your employees do their work and just stay in your office. It's not the job that is difficult, it's the way you're treating people that sends them away.

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends or family.

Former Employee - N/A in Lufkin, TX
    Former Employee - N/A in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Heart Institute of East Texas

Pros

Recent High school graduate
    Recent College graduate
    Experience as a first job after training is completed and try to hang in there for awhile.

Cons

Poor communication.
    Mgmt does not seem to care about employees or patients
    In and Out door policy.
    don't bother learning names, cuz within six months that employee will be gone.

Too many chiefs with so little Indians. Have trustworthy employees as your supervision; people who have experience working with others. No 'pets' in this type of work place should be allowed.Listen to what your employees suggest, they may have bigger and better ideas.