Heartland Dental Reviews

Reset

RDH

Former Employee - Rdh in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Rdh in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Heartland Dental part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office, great staff! They care about his patients and the entire staff works well together,

Cons

The staff that is full time enjoys their jobs so much and there is very little turnover at this office so that can make it difficult to get full time hours if that is what you are seeking.

Advice to Management

The office manager is great at managing the schedule and the entire team. She makes the office run smoothly!

Its a great place to work if you are the right person...

Former Employee - Business Assistant in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Business Assistant in Springfield, IL

I worked at Heartland Dental

Pros

This company will teach you a lot about health care, business, and dealing with people.

Cons

If you aren't one of the favorite people, you will not advance in this company. Education was not valued. I told management time and time again that I'd love to grow and learn other things but they kept hiring from outside and promoting those people.

Advice to Management

Work with the potential you have with you right now.

Dentist

Current Employee - General Dentist
    Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

The base salary, health benefits, and the opportunity to work in different market places are positive aspects. We all need to pay off our student loans. Also, depending on the case, they may pay relocation expenses.

Cons

All CE is geared toward aspects of patient care that would prove profitable to implement in 600+ offices. CE is not offered/covered for any subject outside of what Heartland deems profitable. They allow office managers (OM) and/or practice administrators(PA) to dictate treatment and bully dentists into performing treatment they do not feel comfortable performing. Unfortunately, the OM and PA positions have less than 6 months experience in the dental field and the Regional Administrators have only a few years of experience. In some situations it's like the blind leading the blind. The company is growing rapidly, which is great, but a negative side effect is advancing employees before they are qualified to be advanced. There is very little doctor autonomy unlike what is advertised. Each region is managed very differently, even though it is the same company. Beware that DeNovo (start up offices) doctors are expected to work many more hours than their contract binds them, without lunches and with late evenings.

Advice to Management

Doctor retention is a struggle for a reason. I would suggest thorough exit interviews when doctors resign after only a year or two.

5. Heartland is great with continuing education and systems

Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Westfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Westfield, NJ

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Continuing education
    Coverage quickly if sick
    Vacation time based on how long you work there

Cons

Systems
    A lot of management levels, trying to solve a problem you need to call this person then this person etc.

6. Pay

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

There are no pros. They start you at a low rate. And after 1 year they do everything in their power to not give you a raise.

Cons

No raise in over 2 years.

Advice to Management

Hire educated management .

Office Management needs more improvement

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company provides a lot of training so whether you are new to dental field training is always available. Classes and training sometimes happens out of state so you get to travel. you can always get support from the main office in IL.

Cons

They are a corporation with many offices in different parts of the United States, some offices are managed poorly. In my experience they keep promoting young adults to be a manager but the manager I was with was arrogant and doesn't really care about the patients. And they talk about patient care but as an employee I felt like it is always about money, every meeting consist of how to push products to the patients. I left because our office is so mismanaged and they ignored the people who actually cared for the practice. NO bonus, no salary increase or salary interview never happened to us.

Dentist

Former Employee - General Dentist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - General Dentist in Miami, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental

Pros

Good job for any dental office in the red or Dentist wants to retire w/in 2 yrs other than that it is The worst for anyone that is an associate there no matter how long you are at the practice and the following you have.

Cons

Heartland Buys out practices that are in the red and promises many things as in bonuses etc. Beware if you are an associate they don't care how long you have been at that practice as long as you sign the contract and the noncompete then you are screwed they let you go for some technicality after being at a practice over 15 yrs, and then you have to start somewhere else w/ no patients b/c you signed them all over to Heartland. They put the fear in the Employees (Front Desk, Assistants, Hygienist) that they could all loose there jobs if they give any information to any patient of the X-dentists whereabouts even if the patient is the one who asks. They (Heartland) has no Loyalty... So Dentist BEWARE!!!

9. Dental Management Trainee

Current Employee - Dental Management Trainee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Dental Management Trainee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Heartland Dental

Pros

Friendly and down to earth staff.

Cons

Not open to negotiation on salary.

Poor oversight.

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental

Pros

Paid CE classes, paid to go to CE classes, benefits

Cons

Hours were cut when patients cancel.I went from 72 hours on a paycheck to less than 50.
    Doctors take no accountability.
    Its a blame game.

Advice to Management

Follow up aggressively on your doctors aka the leaders of the practice.
    Someone should chaperon these new grad doctors. Take patient complaints and staff concerns seriously.

Lives by their mission!

I have been working at Heartland Dental

Pros

I love working for Heartland Dental. They provide me the work-life balance that I need. Upper management is wonderful to work with. They always do the right thing for the right reason.

Cons

Sometimes you run into growing pains because of Heartland Dental's annual growth rate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! This company is doing amazing things and I am so glad I get to be along for the ride.

RSS Feed </> Embed