HeidelbergCement

www.heidelbergcement.com

HeidelbergCement Reviews

2.7

Bernd Scheifele

Boss was good but upper management disorganized

Former Employee - Consulting Project Manager/Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Consulting Project Manager/Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at HeidelbergCement as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

As a contractor I was not under purview of HR so my performance was judged directly by my manager

Cons

Since this was a manufacturing plant, the whole atmosphere depended on the plant manager in charge and could quickly go south

Be less aloof from employees

Long hours, low wages, good people overall

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Summerfield, FL
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Summerfield, FL

I worked at HeidelbergCement

Pros

Company contributes to 401(k) even if employee does not. Long hours but flexible and understanding about time off. Great opportunity to learn different aspects of manufacturing process. Lots of horizontal shuffling as opposed to vertical promotions.

Cons

The wages were a bit low but the abundance of overtime ensured a decent take home paycheck. Not very many pay increases or promotions and when the promotions did come it seemed to be based more on nepotism and favoritism than merit. Safety never seemed to be a priority.

Create a better preventive maintenance schedule. Place a stronger emphasis on safety. Provide a training program with standard operating procedures for incoming employees

International company struggling with European ownership and US management. HeidelbergCement has a different vision.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at HeidelbergCement

Pros

International company with European focus, HeidelbergCement has vision for US division but economy is hurting implementation of plan. US Management has own vision for company.

Cons

Struggle between European plans and US divisions realities. Company doing well internationally but US is struggling in current economic climate.

Better communication, the vision communicated and the actions taken contradict each other. Management needs to be more open with employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project management and engineering opportunities in Heidelberg Cement USA.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at HeidelbergCement

Pros

Its a European company that promotes good work life balance. As far as I know they hedge their bets regards currencies well. They have a good benefits package that includes a defined benefit pension plan. They give opportunities to expand horizons and experience internationally. I particularly have my sights on Asia Pacific - but this is a fairly competitive region. They used to offer expatriate packages but now appear to be avoiding it. Like any large company they do give opportunity to switch to other departments but it is not easy either and they try to retain people in engineering even if they are not interested and it is not their forte.

Cons

Not enough chance given to people who are interested in engineering, who have gotten experience in other areas, to move out.

Try to reduce the transfer of people from one place to another. It leads to disruption of lifestyle and not conducive to attracting talent to the field.

Good oppurtunity in quarry, premix and concrete industry

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at HeidelbergCement full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hanson provide one of the best quality products in the industry

Cons

May had to work 24hours

HC Trading International

I worked at HeidelbergCement full-time

Pros

You work with very friendly colleagues

Cons

The salary is unsatisfactory, they don't pay for overtime, and there is no room for promotion

Employ The Best People But Don't Allow Them To Work

I worked at HeidelbergCement

Pros

Good and quality people with good salary but improper guidance

Cons

All ill mannered seniors in India, not employee freindly, too much groupism and dirty politics. Not ready to accept creative ideas. All the seniors of Gurgaon office are passing time by harassing subordinates.

Company should review its Gurgaon (India) activities to get better results.

Learning organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I have been working at HeidelbergCement full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a growing organization, so there are many learning opportunities. Global Presence. Brand name. Good compensation.

Cons

Processes not as well defined as in main competitors Holcim or Lafarge. HeidelbergCement is catching up.

Regional HR Director for Asia

I have been working at HeidelbergCement

Pros

Work-life balance ... HR Director don't working and only report to work when CEO is back in office

Cons

You don't have to be a Phd holder to work in the company ... you are don't allow to work ... only take the blame for error / mistake done by him and his HR Director

The CEO for Asia is a nut ... he don't even know his HR Director is just wasting time ... don't create value added to the regional HRM

HeidelbergCement is growing!

I have been working at HeidelbergCement

Pros

It is a growing company.
    It is a good place to work for technical experts in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical engineering.

Cons

Promotions are not based on merit and capabilities. No recognition for work well done.
    The company is seeing higher levels of attrition because of these problems.

Fairness and honesty in dealing with employees, employee support and recognition.

Worked for HeidelbergCement? Contribute to the Community!