Heidrick & Struggles

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tracy Wolstencroft

Pros
  • Access to the top, brand name gets you in -(in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits, Transport, Meals, Great to start your carrer(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to work long hours and be on-call 7 days per week(in 3 reviews)

• Puzzled why the Board of Directors have confidence with an Executive Team that runs the company to the ground(in 6 reviews)

Best days are ahead

Partner (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCollegial and smart culture with great mix of experienced and younger talent
    Reassertion itself as an innovator in leadership advisory
    Truly global and allows for experiences across various industries and geographies
    New CEO is good, like all new ceo's! Has been well received by the rank and file
    A work hard play hard environment

ConsTechnology is getting better but still some kinds in new crm tool
    Expectations are high and some can get dismayed by the workload

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course

Best firm in the industry

Engagement Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat working environment; exciting searches; best colleagues in the business

ConsNone - the new CEO is great

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Excellent experience

Associate (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsWork life balance is good

ConsThere is nothing to suggest

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for associates to grow. All negative reviews are from Executive Assistants...

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat access to the worlds business leaders. Partners here are world class. The worlds best companies will contact you and try to recruit you. Great possibilities to grow into a consultant and become promoted.

ConsLong hours, usually 8.30 to 7.30 in the office and then work from home. High intensity.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time to develop your Associates. Take them to pitches and bring them into your offices.

Great Place To Work!!!

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI learned a lot, got exposed to important people, friendly, congenial atmosphere.

ConsHard to break into Partner Ranks if you are not hired in as a partner

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a smoother path to partnership or senior management.

Great Place to Work!!!!

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI worked for Heidrick & Struggles 2 different times and both were highly enjoyable!! The people are great, the work hours are flexible, Heidrick & Struggles is a great place to learn the Executive Recruiting business or expand your skill set.

ConsIf you are hired on as an Associate it is tough to advance to the role of Consultant; This is primarily due to the nature of the roles; Consultants are rainmakers and need to be very skilled at business development; Associates are candidate developers and as such may not have the business development/sales mindset

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier for Associates to advance at least to a mid level role between Associate & Consultant; from what I hear they have already done this and that is great!!

A wonderful place for people who are on top of their game.

Associate (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsAmazing relationships at the most senior levels of Fortune 100 companies and senior government officials.
    Lots of room to grow and opportunities to excel.
    Competitive and dynamic environment coupled with a great culture of teamwork and collaboration.

ConsNot for average performers.
    Pay is not competitive for non-partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to innovate and allow for more work-from-home opportunities rather than waste time commuting.
    Incentivise admin staff so that they perform better and not bog consultants down with paperwork that the admin staff should be doing.
    Have a smaller office and save on rent!

Great place, bad leadership

Associate (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Brand and global network

ConsBad leadership, partnership structure so all below partner are treated as dispensable resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you have the right leadership at Regional and Country level - people who are going to lead the business with vision not just be concerned about their own practice.

a great place to work

Marketing Director, Asia (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Prosvery friendly working culture, a place that fosters collaboration

Consnothing i can think of so far

Supporting senior partners in their searches; identifying top talent across a variety of industries

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsHeidrick is undoubtably the best company to work for within the search field. Their brand recognition and excellent execution of searches is unparalleled, and the firm makes applaudable efforts to promote from within. The pay is great. It's a global firm, so one can work from a variety of offices across the globe. The senior leadership includes the best in the industry, and the searches completed are top of their field.

ConsIt is unfortunate that Heidrick, as a services company, is publicly held. It should be private.

Worked for Heidrick & Struggles? Contribute to the Community!