Heidrick & Struggles

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tracy Wolstencroft

Pros
  • Access to the top, brand name gets you in - (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits, Transport, Meals, Great to start your carrer (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to work long hours and be on-call 7 days per week (in 3 reviews)

• Puzzled why the Board of Directors have confidence with an Executive Team that runs the company to the ground (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, a positive experience

SRA (Current Employee)

ProsKnowledge gaining, sharing and multiple projects

ConsProgression is the biggest issue

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen Policy

great system, horrible greedy people

Several (Former Employee)

ProsThe systems and processes are great and enable to give results whatsoever

Cons(most of) the partners are greedy, horrible people with no values whatsoever. The only thing they care about is their status and money. There is no real care for search and/or admin staff, just politics all the way along.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the CEO, the Board, the Practice Leaders, less bureaucracy, more focus on clients

Great experience - my partner & team are strong

ProsProcesses and benefits are great.

ConsLack of transparency in leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementNew leadership in the C-Suite is needed desperately.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

service excellence

Quality/Research Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prosgreat working environment and highly cooperative colleagues with complete process knowledge.
    very helpful management and always provide new learning to grow in personal and professional.

ConsI have participated in preparation of standard operating procedure and amended old one with new ideas and methods which has been implemented for the process operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should conduct training programe as per employee interest and company's requirement.

Watching an outstanding firm disintegrate due to a series of indifferent and/or unprepared CEOs.

ProsColleagues are talented, hard working and team well to serve clients. Collegiality is still a dominant value and real collaboration remains at the core of why many very talented people remain. The firm has allowed many younger people to ascend rapidly into leadership roles which is great for them but the downside is that the firm's dominant position in CEO recruiting is gone.

ConsConsultants, associates and EAs with any real tenure (10+ yrs) remember when the firm was the most outstanding place to be in the executive search profession. Unfortunately due to a series of incompetent and/or disingenuous CEOs, who were all former search consultants with no real business general management background, the firm has lost its way. Brand in real danger!

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the Board members who have been asleep while the firm has hemmoraged senior search professionals who were stars in the firm and in their respective practice areas. Now instead of seeing them in our halls, we see them in competitive shootouts beating us.

Great place, but no career path

Any (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat place to work, most people are friendly

ConsThere are no career advancement for any position, unless you are there for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive current employees for career growth

Very Good

Office Administrative (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsWarm and friendly office, highly driven and professional. Good amenities in the office, from cafe area to health rooms etc

ConsSometimes there was a severe lack of urgency! People didn't seem to worry about another division taking a hit for poor perfomance.

a great place to work

Marketing Director, Asia (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Prosvery friendly working culture, a place that fosters collaboration

Consnothing i can think of so far

Exhilerating and Frustrating

ProsI am with the Leadership Consulting Practice. The kind of work is fantastic. The level of client contact is fabulous. Its true solutions selling, not vending products. Colleagues in the Consulting practice are great

ConsThe firm is set up as a Search Firm. The systems, processes, culture of the mothership is completely geared to that - highly transaction oriented, and promotes zero teamwork and promotes being a complete self centred approach. A lot of time is spent in politics and claiming credit. Knowledge Management, PMS, etc all geared to Search.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a unique vision that is attractive, alluring and path breaking. You got to now put your money where your mouth is.

Once upon a time, The Best

ProsStill a good brand name. A few stars.

ConsCan't keep great people. Can't attract Great People. Pattern of weak leadership. An even weaker Board. Ten years ago had a market cap higher than Korn Ferry, now it's a third of Korn's.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire SpencerStuart to do a CEO search. Add some talent to the Board. Make sure Roche is not involved in decisions.

Worked for Heidrick & Struggles? Contribute to the Community!