Heinz

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
2.0

Bernardo Hees

Pros
  • Just read the reviews, Brazilians do not believe in work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• The company used to be a great people company with plenty of room for room for advancement (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be a challenge depending on the department in which you work (in 33 reviews)

• All company communication is about cost cutting under the guise of growing the business (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Buyer

I worked at Heinz

Pros

Great supply chain sourcing process

Cons

Under paid and didn't pay bonus

These times they are a changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very competitive
    Great direct management
    I do believe in the companies values, but I don't think it is always translated into our work the way it should/could be.

Cons

Communication
    Upper management could lead better (think before they jump in to decisions that everyone pays for later)
    People retention

Treat the people you currently have working for you as people and not just an expenditure. More people would likely stay with the company if they felt valued and not scared there could be another cut to the workforce just around the corner.

Hire more people. A lot of problems could be resolved if someone was dedicated to focusing on some of these issues rather than juggling numerous issues and day to day business at the same time. Ever once in awhile, people can deal with it, but when it is a constant drain to your resources, it effects job performance.

Believe it!

Former Employee - Group Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm a former employee based on the 3G takeover. I loved working at Heinz prior to that time. It was an amazing company with great colleagues, decent benefits, good salary and bonus structure and lots of freedom to do good work. The 3G takeover was a sad day in the long and great history of Heinz based on what I saw transpire and what I've heard from colleagues who stayed after I left. Read the other reviews carefully as much of the discussion on the poor practices are TRUE. Buyer Beware....

Cons

Too many to discuss here-- the work-life balance went out the window. Friends have told me people are required to work late in to the evening; even week ends for R&D. Crazy!! We all worked hard but there's a limit to what is reasonable.

Review the other Glassdoor comments and hold the mirror up to yourself and the leadership team. The picture isn't pretty!

Unprofessional Management

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Old Heinz political nuances have disappeared.
    Freedom to pursue every avenue you choose to achieve success.

Cons

Managemeny has no regard for the value of the Human Resource.
    Work environment is awkward at best due to lack of team spirit among employees.
    No work/life balance.
    Inexperience at all levels of organization frequently puts
    Salaries are below market averages.

P&L is not the only decision making tool in your dashboard.

Former Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked there prior to 3G ownership.

Cons

Constant job cuts. When employees when offered a voluntary buyout, promises were made that the head count would not be reduced. Most of the jobs of the people who took the buyout were eliminated. The rest had salary reductions.

Ownership is greedy, get out on your own while you can.

Horrible place run.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Heinz

Pros

Good product name.
    Compensation is ok

Cons

Management is obtuse at all levels.
    Horrible benefits.
    Long days without taking breaks.
    Heavy workload no employee appreciation
    I wouldn't suggest working for Heinz.

Show employee appreciation and have formal trainings on systems.

Very dysfunctional company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, OH

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are not pros anymore. Our union does not support us.

Cons

I used to love working here. Now most of us are doing the job of two people.. Had a competition meeting today-all of the questions were staged and we felt like we were lied to by our plant manager. They want us to try harder when everyone is pushed to the limit. Morale is very very low.

Hard to give advice when they won't listen to you. They need to remember who makes the money for them--the laborers.

Things have changed for the worse

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Heinz

Pros

Great brand. Used to be a good culture

Cons

The current management wants to only make money. They will put it back on the market soon

Let things be

Good people, crappy management!

I have been working at Heinz

Pros

Work is good and steady!

Cons

What a joke! From HR down to supervisors! Favoritism is crazy and if you have an issue that needs taken care of especially up in HR, you better take care of it yourself! They talk to you like your an idiot, no respect and that's if you can get a hold of them because they DONT answer the phones or call you back! They tell every bodies business to anybody! Everybody knows your business before you punch in! Very unprofessional management!!!

Get NEW management!!!!

Used to be a GREAT company until 3G got their hands on the company, now it's a complete disaster!!

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great brands, great people, advancement opportunities, bonuses, merit increase & recognition for doing great work

Cons

The new owners (3G) have no idea of how to run a food manufacturer. They have literally destroyed what was a great company in 12 months. They fired a lot of talented people with tremendous industry knowledge & replaced them with rookies to the industry. Reason being, they want to cut salaries to save money, instill their own "culture" on these newbies, work everybody to the bone & don't pay them for their efforts. They talk about Meritocracy, but to date, nobody has seen any financial reward. You might get a title change or promotion that requires a ton of more work, but they aren't "showing you the money". Cut costs, close factories, hire the cheapest talent you can find, all to pad your Brazilian pockets more & more every day.

Very, very disappointing to see what you have done 3G to Heinz in less then 12 months. HJ Heinz must be rolling over in his grave at how you have taken one of the worlds most powerful brands and destroyed it. No wonder you are losing all your talented people, only reason people are still there is they probably don't have an option right now. Wait till they get that option, they will fly the coop faster then you can say Meritocracy.

Back up what you say in your Meritocracy talk and pay the people who perform and make your quarterly numbers. Be honest with you employees, you know how bad things are, why aren't you owing up to it and more importantly, fixing it!! Get back to focusing on the customer, they are the ones who pay you salary. You have lost touch with what made Heinz a great company & fun place to work, so stop with all the cost cutting and take care of your employees and customers before there is nothing left. Very sad shell of what used to be a great company. Is it time to burn the furniture to save on the heating bills?

Done with my rant, you get the picture, fix it now!